Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWAINE..zards.
Zamujasa Wrote:I think he was looking more for a way to, say, have a DWAINE session via PDA, maybe. I know that'd certainly be a bit useful.
From my point of view, the impact of that would be rather underwhelming.

Zamujasa Wrote:Really wish there was a list of shit DWAINE's scripting could do, unless what you see is literally all it can do. Shit like escaping |ns or ^s (though I guess a single | will turn into a ^ after an echo or something???).
Not quite. In scripting, | means both concatenation and the last one in a line is the target file. What you see is literally all it does - there are no variables or loops, and conditionals are super limited.
My Q was what Zamujasa was saying

BUT this brings up a point: if I transfered a PDA file to a computer, would I then be able to send that PDA file using a thinkdos computer to other PDAs? If so, how would one go about doing that
You wouldn't. You can create your own cartridge by cherry picking apps from cartridges, and that's about it.
You can also create your own cartridge (slowly and painfully) by copying/pasting programs from a ROM cart to the PDA itself, then to a EEPROM cart and deleting the PDA copy.

Not really useful, since the number of PDA apps that are actually of general use are pretty small (though Robustris is always a nice 8u of free space I guess, if you want to copy Ticket Master or Health Scan)
Zamujasa Wrote:You can also create your own cartridge (slowly and painfully) by copying/pasting programs from a ROM cart to the PDA itself, then to a EEPROM cart and deleting the PDA copy.

Not really useful, since the number of PDA apps that are actually of general use are pretty small (though Robustris is always a nice 8u of free space I guess, if you want to copy Ticket Master or Health Scan)
Fancy new idea: Increase the usefulness of PDAs by allowing people to buy or download apps of their choice.