Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Gimmix 101
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
lukeib618 Wrote:This wasn't as a traitor but it involves a great one.
At one point I was playing chemist awhile ago on a server.
I had the mischief objective "Have Meth in your bloodstream at the end of the match."
I eventually managed to make meth, then my fellow chemist noticed and I told him my "Aspiration."
He liked my idea, then told me that his objective was to kill me, but since I was "fun" he gave me a grenade creation kit.
I instantly knew that I wanted to create a meth smoke grenade, then set it off on the escape shuttle.
I unfortunately failed to make a proper meth smoke grenade, but drug smoke grenades are a possibility for fun.

It's a shame chemists can't order the poison bottles. Otherwise we could make spider egg foam grenades

The RD can, though!
Chemistry can just find someone doing telescience, mindslave him, and whisper gently in his ear "SSSSPPPPIIIIIIDDDDEEEERRRRSSSSS".
During my first stint as the traitor, and the Captain, at that, I mindslaved the boxer. My subsequent instructions were clear and simple:

"Punch the crap out of EVERYONE."

He then proceeded to punch the crap out of the Detective, who retaliated. The boxer, cleverly enough, immediately accused the Detective of trying to kill him, upon which I said that he needed to report to security immediately.

We met in his office. He began stammering out a response, saying that he can explain.

I then whipped out my energy gun.

"No need."

Cue the Detective getting lasered to death and subsequently stuffed down the disposal chute.
A fun and simple foam to use on a crowd is unstable mutagen/fluorosulfuric acid, with some glowing slurry thrown in if you can spare the time and effort. The victims become incredibly irradiated and mutated, with a high chance of becoming obese and dropping all their stuff, which promptly dissolves in the acid. Mostly survivable, but great for messing people up.
Scan a box (the chief of medical box or whatever it's called) with a chameleon projector, get a wrestling belt and traitor ID and name yourself Solid Snake. Wear a mask. Hide in plain sight. Snap necks. Resume being box.
Optional; get a gun and thermals. Fight in the dark. Talk curtly, even in an intense line of questioning.
Sundance Wrote:Scan a box (the chief of medical box or whatever it's called) with a chameleon projector, get a wrestling belt and traitor ID and name yourself Solid Snake. Wear a mask. Hide in plain sight. Snap necks. Resume being box.
Optional; get a gun and thermals. Fight in the dark. Talk curtly, even in an intense line of questioning.
oh my god that's amazing
Sundance Wrote:Scan a box (the chief of medical box or whatever it's called) with a chameleon projector, get a wrestling belt and traitor ID and name yourself Solid Snake. Wear a mask. Hide in plain sight. Snap necks. Resume being box.

Only way to make this better is if they added, in ! above anyone's head who see you turn off the Chameleon Projector.
The Dungeon of Zoldorf:

What you'll need:
Mindslave (It helps with getting things done in a timely manner.)
Abandoned, empty room that nobody visits.
Zoldorf Frame
Spooky red lights!
Hand tele and beacon/mechanics teleporters.

The first step to making a successful Zoldorf dungeon is to find a nice room to renovate with or without a friend; put a zoldorf in, add some spooky lights, whatever you want really. Once the dungeon is ready, you'll either need to hook up a one way teleporter using mechanical components or plop a teleportation beacon in and set a hand tele to go there. The final step before sealing off the dungeon is to put something nasty in there, it could be hellfire, emagged bots, plasma shards, whatever you can think of! Seal off the dungeon when it's ready and go about stunning, stripping, and tossing nerds into your dungeon with your mindslave buddy!
Rise of the Station of the Apes

Requirements:

-Competent Chef
-Capable AI and borgs
-AI Core access
-Bridge access
-Machine Translator implant
-Monkey Cheeseburgers

1. Have the chef make you enough monkey cheeseburgers to transform you into a monkey.

2. Have the chef start making ridiculous amounts of monkey cheeseburgers. For best results use mindslave.

3. Steal all AI Reset modules.

4. Give the AI a law stating that only monkeys are humans and that all non-humans must be killed.

5. Have the AI lock their core down and set their lasers to lethal to avoid killswitches and other nuisances.

6. Make sure the chef is actually making the monkey cheeseburgers. Order more dried goods and dairy products if necessary.

7. Have the AI inform the crew that there are many monkey cheeseburgers at the bar.

8. Sit back and watch as the crew rushes to become monkeys.
Get a job change to sec. Spawn a radio jammer. Follow someone important around while he wonders why he can't use his radio. alternatively, patrol a croweded area, play dumb, and search random people for traitor gear while being a huge metagaming shit about it.
Terrible things to do as traitor:

Fill genetics with mutadone smoke.

Emag one medibot, pretend like you don't know who the culprit is and when they inevitably make new medibots, keep secretly emaging a bunch until you've lost count. They'll never sort out the good ones from the bad ones.

Proceed to listen to the screams about rogue medibots over the radio, oh wait. If you want to be a bigger jerk, fill arrivals shuttle with emagged medibots.

Spike all of barman's drinks and chef's food and then commit robberies after people pass out, blame it on the chef and barman. Sulfonal should work pretty good for this but might be overkill.

Give AI a law that says it can only follow orders in pig latin but that it can't tell anyone about the law.

Ask to become a security officer, Randomly set people to arrest and claim bogus crimes.

As traitor captain make a "law abiding citizen tax" in the form of fines randomly given to the crew, anyone who doesn't pay said tax is set to arrest and promptly executed. Use a make captain law on the ai if the crew isn't very willing to play along.
Breaking News Developing... WARNING ANGRY RANT Breaking News Developing...

I been noticing a trend for a while. The only atang job that ANYONE ever does a gimmic in is Traitor. I think we need some more gimmics for wizards, changlings, vampires and nuke agents.

Each of those gamemodes has a unique set of mechanics to it that have a bunch of fun possiblitys but no one ever does any fun gimmics with them mostly because of the fucking mentality of that everyone has that each gamemode has to be played exactly the way everyone else does it or your not being fun. It also doesn't help that people think that winning is the only way to have fun as any atang that isn't a traitor.

Example of what i am talking about: For the last few times i try as a peaceful trader who willing to trade shit for the disk....EVERYTIME that i die after running into a viglantee i always get a bunch of people who yell at me for not being violent and not playing nuke "the way it is supposed to be played". "Show me the fucking rulebook that says nuke agents HAVE to be either rampagy or stealthy" i always respond. This results always results in people saying i should stop playing ss13 for being a shitty nuke JUST because i didn't do it their way.

List of possible fun things you can do
  • As a changling you can become the crew pet monkey who does tricks for bannahs....While doing this leave one or two bodys around, No one will EVER expect the monkey
  • As nuke op you can bake your cynide pill into a pizza, Then go to the captain with a voice changer and the name Pizza dude and sell the pizza for the disk, If the captain short changes you...well you can shoot him pretty easly
  • As a wizard try killing and replacing a crewsman with stablemutgen and hiding your wizard gear in your backpack.Then go around the station being a normal crewman and casting evil spells on people who wrong you
pizzatiger Wrote:Breaking News Developing... WARNING ANGRY RANT Breaking News Developing...

I been noticing a trend for a while. The only atang job that ANYONE ever does a gimmic in is Traitor. I think we need some more gimmics for wizards, changlings, vampires and nuke agents.
I do see gimmick runs with other antag roles, the reason regular traitors do it more often is that they have fun toys that aren't actually that useful if you actually want to "win". Lings probably have it easiest since they at least can blend in easily, the other day Roomba went around as a ling spitting at people and turning them into shitty bill with strange reagent.
Never played vamp, can they drink blood out of containers? If so I could imagine a vamp going around as a medic asking for blood donations. Especially once pathology hits you could tell them it's for that.

Nuke agents are tricky since you are supposed to be working as a team and with all the weapons they get they are basically THE antag role for rampages. Doing something obvious like asking to trade for the disk basically reveals the gamemode which results in the crew arming itself and protecting the disk. And unless the rest of the operatives stand down you will never be able to arrange that trade.
I can see two ways to do a gimmick:
  1. If the operatives manage to grab the disk really quickly, maybe without the crew even noticing, you might get the others to agree to give the crew a chance to win back the disk. This is usually because a bad captain just left the disk in his office and any further rampaging is just operatives satisfying their murderboners. Maybe make up a little quiz show, challenge them to honorable combat or how about you demand 100 servings of spaghetti and meatballs. If they call the shuttle and refuse to recall it you arm the nuke. Or if you can grab a head ID you can set up the COMmaster console on the mining level and guard the disk over there. The crew will have to fight you to get it back since you can recall the shuttle yourselves.
  2. The other way I could see working would be to grab a bunch of hostages and try to make a hostage exchange. Maybe some beloved station pets.
Other than that you can do a gimmick by yourself but it shouldn't compromise the rest of the team unless they say it's fine
Vampires can drink blood from containers, but they won't get the related powers until they drink at least one unit from a real person.

As vampire I usually run around with a soda bottle and scoop up blood from the floor until I have enough where it'd be worth it to pounce on someone.
I try to do a gimmick as a wizard sometimes but I get power-murdered too fast to make it work. One time I tried to get a bunch of monkey cheeseburgers so I could be a monkey wizard and after not being on station more than a few minutes, the captain and everyone else in the station burst into the kitchen to shoot the ever-loving shit out of me.

Really, it's hard to do wizard gimmicks, and it's at the point where even the admins get ticked off at you if you try to do any, because there's this stigma against wizards that don't rampage somehow. I mean, don't try to be some lame harmless friendly wizard but still.

The most successful gimmick I've ever had as a wizard is literally to just be an obnoxious bothersome shit, going around using pandemonium, arse nath, freeze ray, shit like that, and phasing around like a prancing nymph through the forest of grief. It was rather magical, really, and it was surprisingly effective. It can be tough, because those spells can have really high cooldowns, but it's still fun. That is, until the AI gets a bug up its butt about you and follows your every waking move, whether you have an id on or not. Still, the banter is good.