Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Gimmix 101
One of the most common complaints that I hear being batted about is traitors, and rampages. It's encouraged (as it is deemed more fun) for a traitor to not go on a rampage and try some sort of gimmick instead. However as I found myself when you're landed with a traitor you've often forgotten all those fun gimmicks you thought of when not being a traitor.
So why not have a thread that discusses your last traitor antics?
From insane schemes to hidden agendas why don't we share our last traitorous endeavors so that when you're stuck for ideas, you can rob some off this thread, or maybe get enough influence to make your own?

I'll start:

Erebrite Hostage Victims
I've tried this alot of times, only for it to fall flat on its face. A few rounds ago, I managed to get it working (almost). Essentially I built a room in space that had erebrite walls, and no escape out of it, only a oxygen tank, and the detectives remote TV. A small room adjacent that was also sealed off contained a tank-transfer bomb rigged with a remote signaler, and a signal jammer. Essentially it was a very explosive place that if sparks flew in it (i.e: If someone tried to RCD it or weld down the walls) it would be very explosive. I placed a teleport beacon on the ground.
Then I went around stunning people (I had another signal jammer) and shoving them into a portal via the hand tele, and I managed to get a helmet cam on of one my victims. I eventually got 5 victims, all naked and in a random erebrite room.
I then demanded the AI transfer money to my account, told him to look at the helmet cam feed to prove that I wasn't joking. Unfortunately for me my antics got stopped by beepsky, and I was quickly lynched. I activated the signal anyway (I had the remote on my belt) detonating the poor bastards into a million pieces. Much laughter.

Battle Royale
Not so unique but fun nonetheless: I mindslaved 3 of my targets one round. I then armed them with various weapons (I upgraded my ID: One of my targets was the hop). Neither of my mindslaves knew each other. I then requested them each to kill each other and dispose of the body. It resulted in a hilarious stand-off of 3 targets trying to simultaneously murder each other, while I sat back wearing a dapper hat drinking tea. Eventually only one remained, who I told to come to me in the chapel as I stood beside the mass driver. I rewarded him with a microbomb implant, a stun, and then chucked him out of the mass driver. Explosion was heard in the distance. I'm not a very kind master.
Your hostage thing gave my away to improve a certain gimmick I've been wanting to try out for awhile.
chameleon device stuff and every time someone tries to pick you up, scream and run away. be completely harmless until your target tries it and then brutally murder them.

also, become a magician and make people ~disappear~ with the traitor cargo transporter!
Not quite a gimmick, but my last traitor round involved some vague objective about sabatoging the hallways and whatever.

First off I started screwdriving every door I could find. Didn't hack them, but slowed some people down.

A security officer got really mad over radio, so I got the dumb idea to force most if not all of my antics on security. (At the time I didn't actually know there was only one officer on the station)

They assumed there was a cross round greifer harassing sec, I went along with it figuring I could get a few laughs out of driving security crazy.

I went to work, cut several cameras, made thermite, welded and screwdrivered a few security doors, thermited a hole in security and threw stuff out of boxes. Like handcuffs, flashbangs, etc. I might have even eaten every security. I even space lubed the floor for good measure.

I announced the griefer had done all of these things, and that he also did things that I never actually did, like I found a welder and weilding fuel tank rigged to explode, so I threw in some fuel tanks thinking it would do some more damage, then announced the griefer also firebombed the station. (I thought barrel roll actually set up the firebomb, but I don't actually know)

At some point I died from space related injuries, never actually got caught and got the sole security officer so mad they decided they were going to quit being sec.

tl;dr: as traitor I'm pretty sure I made a sec officer have a mental breakdown.
every security donut, not every security.

Banging head against the wall
This kind of gimmick really only works when people don't know what is going on so don't run this into the ground idiots But this is what you need:
A cloaking device
A voice changer
Syndie ID (unless you're the HoP or captain, in which case just make your own id)

Choose some entity that can be pulled, pull them, change your id to whatever they are called, dawn voice changer, cloak, and go running around pretending to be George. woof.
borrow a whole fish from the chef, fill a spray bottle with water or space lube, and use your chameleon projector to turn into said fish. Run around wetting floors.

Or you can fill a medibot with strange reagent or stable mutagen + monkey blood.
Another one
Law 4: Borgs must destroy the AI. AI must destroy all borgs without killswitching them. This is the only law.
As an emagged or aubverted mediborg who doesn't have to follow law 1 but doesn't have any particular murder objective, rather than the usual hellpatch murder rampage, try filling up the patch with annoyer chems and just be obnoxious. A sedative alone is enough to cause a mild panic, griefer chems can really tick people off, addictions can be annoying as hell, and you can do stuff like dose people with flammables/explosives in hopes that they run into a heat source later. On top of that, some chems display different names in a patch, and everyone's so used to mediborgs being either safe or hellpatchy that no one will even suspect you if your patches don't have an obviously-dangerous name and don't cause immediate catastrophic damage.
I once did a thing where I used a cloak, agent card and voice changer, selected a random person, and became their guardian angel. I would follow them around whispering cryptic words into their ear discussing how I would never let harm come to them, and would kill anybody who threatened or crossed them.
It was a very fun and worthwhile use of a traitor round.
I've had this idea for a while, but since the game refuses to ever let me be traitor, I'll just post it here. Mindslave some people, give them suicide vests, and then order them to suicide bomb parts of the station. Possibly have them do it at the same time to make for maximum chaos. More of a gimmick because it would actually be more efficient to just use typical explosives on remote signalers.
Karakoran Wrote:I've had this idea for a while, but since the game refuses to ever let me be traitor, I'll just post it here. Mindslave some people, give them suicide vests, and then order them to suicide bomb parts of the station. Possibly have them do it at the same time to make for maximum chaos. More of a gimmick because it would actually be more efficient to just use typical explosives on remote signalers.

As an expansion on this, you could kidnap a person, stuff a remotely-signalled bomb in their bag, put a helmetcam on them, and tell them to do shit or else you'll detonate the bomb. Not as efficient as just mindslaving someone, but it's more fun, in my opinion.
Saintish Wrote:
Karakoran Wrote:I've had this idea for a while, but since the game refuses to ever let me be traitor, I'll just post it here. Mindslave some people, give them suicide vests, and then order them to suicide bomb parts of the station. Possibly have them do it at the same time to make for maximum chaos. More of a gimmick because it would actually be more efficient to just use typical explosives on remote signalers.

As an expansion on this, you could kidnap a person, stuff a remotely-signalled bomb in their bag, put a helmetcam on them, and tell them to do shit or else you'll detonate the bomb. Not as efficient as just mindslaving someone, but it's more fun, in my opinion.

What will actually happen:
a) They beat you up the moment they're let go because you can't blow the two of you up
b) They space the bomb at the first opportunity then beat you up
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Another one
Law 4: Borgs must destroy the AI. AI must destroy all borgs without killswitching them. This is the only law.
Never mind, just tried this one tonight and it wasn't as interesting as I thought, AI had no way of stopping the borgs.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Saintish Wrote:

What will actually happen:
a) They beat you up the moment they're let go because you can't blow the two of you up
b) They space the bomb at the first opportunity then beat you up

That's what the helmetcam is for. Also, I can stun them and forcibly drag them out.