Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Gimmix 101
Jerkface00 Wrote:Quite simply, get the mark into a secluded place where only he and you are, and then switch out your fancy red pajamas and or baret for their orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. Obviously you both need to be completely masked. When speaking or being spoken to custom emotes are your / the other guy's friend.
Fair warning, using custom emotes to mimic voices has been known to attract admin grump. You should probably not be doing this.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Jerkface00 Wrote:Quite simply, get the mark into a secluded place where only he and you are, and then switch out your fancy red pajamas and or baret for their orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. Obviously you both need to be completely masked. When speaking or being spoken to custom emotes are your / the other guy's friend.
Fair warning, using custom emotes to mimic voices has been known to attract admin grump. You should probably not be doing this.

I've asked about that before (long ago) and was told something to the effect of "if you can type that fast then more power to you". If that's changed I suppose this'd be as good a place as any to find out.
In my experience what definitely attracts grump is using it to get around being unable to talk, e.g. when suffocating or under effects of certain poisons/medicines.
SO if I wasn't suffocating but I used a custom emote like "Dr. Strangeloaf farts out 'joe pubbie is a nerd'" I'd be ok?
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:SO if I wasn't suffocating but I used a custom emote like "Dr. Strangeloaf farts out 'joe pubbie is a nerd'" I'd be ok?

Yeah probaby. if you are suffocating you could use charades to talk maybe. Or sign language. or semaphore. or morse code?
poland spring Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:SO if I wasn't suffocating but I used a custom emote like "Dr. Strangeloaf farts out 'joe pubbie is a nerd'" I'd be ok?

Yeah probaby. if you are suffocating you could use charades to talk maybe. Or sign language. or semaphore. or morse code?
When I do custom talking emotes I always make it sign language. "Kiki Kolana signs WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT"
Using custom emotes to circumvent game mechanics such as speaking without oxygen and subverting the revealing effects of you speaking with a mask on are both unfair and unstoppable so yeah, you'll get admin grumped if we see you doin that shit.

edit: Also kiki I don't really care if you "roleplay" it correctly so you're not just doing "says". I've done it myself in the past in the form of "Butt Graves pulls out a tiny chalkboard and writes HELP" but it's pretty lousy considering it's avoiding the game mechanics put in to prevent people from talking during certain situations at no cost to you.
Vague hand gestures are OK, right? Like I need to indicate I can't talk, so I point at my mouth and shake my head.
Dabir Wrote:Vague hand gestures are OK, right? Like I need to indicate I can't talk, so I point at my mouth and shake my head.

These are fine and I do these all the time. Because they make sense. In reality you could point at your mouth if you were suffocating, while you probably couldn't hand sign (or if you could the likelyhood of someone understanding your hand signs isn't likely)
That's from an AREEE PEEEE perspective, if you want to pull that card.
From a mechanic perceptive it seems fine.
I sometimes do the latter badly for shits and giggles.
Sundance Feely taps his foot rhythmically as if trying to send a message via morse code. You can't make out what he's saying.
Sundance Feely seizes up, his eyes dead and lifeless.
bubs Wrote:Using custom emotes to circumvent game mechanics such as speaking without oxygen and subverting the revealing effects of you speaking with a mask on are both unfair and unstoppable so yeah, you'll get admin grumped if we see you doin that shit.

edit: Also kiki I don't really care if you "roleplay" it correctly so you're not just doing "says". I've done it myself in the past in the form of "Butt Graves pulls out a tiny chalkboard and writes HELP" but it's pretty lousy considering it's avoiding the game mechanics put in to prevent people from talking during certain situations at no cost to you.

Kiki Kolana farts out something that sounds like, "bubs smells."

Also yeah I know it's kinda shitty and I don't really do it often unless I'm gasping from cloner or like theres no air in the room. I've never used it to get past getting drugged. I've only signed out custom emotes eh probably 10 times? I dunno. I agree it's unfair and kinda meta.
injure the detective (preferably with space lube), then trick him into getting injected by a convenient medibot that happens to be filled with black powder. Now just wait for him to light a smoke...

Leave lots of exploding tomatos or chunks of erebite lying around. Watch as non-traitors do all the work for you.

Mindslave someone who knows how to do custom emotes and make them pretend to be a changeling until they get gibbed.

Kill admin characters in creative ways then steal their IDs and impersonated them with your voice changer. Announce that "you" are a terrible admin and (your real byond key) would make a better one. Hopefully this isn't metagaming.

Teleport a lion directly onto the AI.

If it's possible to make or get ahold of the cluwning reagent, use it to convince everyone that there's a wizard on the station. Scorch floors and leave severed butts lying around as well.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Kill admin characters in creative ways then steal their IDs and impersonated them with your voice changer. Announce that "you" are a terrible admin and (your real byond key) would make a better one. Hopefully this isn't metagaming.
Metagaming or not, impersonating an admin is a really bad idea.
Ok, so can I mindslave an admin character and make him run around naked yelling about what a shitmin he is?
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Ok, so can I mindslave an admin character and make him run around naked yelling about what a shitmin he is?
What's an admin? Is that a special form of RP?
Idiots constantly try to use mindslaving to extort game knowledge out of other players. Fuck you if you do this. Mindslaves don't have to teach you anything and they definitely don't have to break game rules or do shady shit like impersonating admins just because you told them to.