Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Gimmix 101
"Backpack terrorism":
Step one: Acquire all the spare backpacks in crew quarters.
Step two: Create/buy enough pipe-bombs to fill said backpacks
Step three: Rig said bombs to explode inside of said backpacks
Step four: rig some flashbangs in the same manner as needed to fill extra bags or use extra mouse traps
Step five: litter the station with rigged backpacks
Step six: Proceed to beat up and steal people's backpacks
Step seven: wait for explosions.

"Oh no vampires?!":
Step one: Acquire materials to fill lights with explosive chemicals
Step two: Remove light bulbs/tube lights from their respective sockets
Step three: Turn off light switches
Step four: Proceed to fill some or all of the lights on the ground with previously mentioned explosives
Step five: Repeat step four s'more
Step six: put explosive light tubes into light sockets while the lights are off
Step seven: some time during this process scream "vampeer!'
Step eight: wait for large scale explosions and de-limbing screams

"Toll road":
Step one: grab some metal and magnetic boots
Step two: grab favorite clown getup
Step three: R-wall one of the two airbridge doors and the tiles (on the station not the bridge!) one step away
Step four: stand in the way of traffic while wearing the boots and having your intent set off of help
Step five: force people to slip on banana peels, oil slicks, water, whatever else you can make people slip on
Step six: continue until murdered/charge a fee to pass unembarrassed by clownanigans
Bonus step: inject self with 10 microbombs before proceeding with step one

"A fair chance":
Step one: acquire a reliable mind slave
Step two: assemble, and distribute remote signal bombs set up on several different signalling devices and channels (keep one bomb and the radio counterparts with you)
Step three: once distributed, set the signal devices in a line, preferably in a location like the bridge or brig.
Step four: insure your mind-slave will detonate the explosives if you are attacked and might lose the bomb in your pack
Step five: contact your favorite head and have them meet you in the room where you have the signal devices set
Step six: once they have arrived, explain the situation to them I.E:
"Good day, HoS. Please stay off of your headset for the time being. I regret to inform you that I have littered X number of high yield explosives across the station. I also have a mind-slave who has instruction to set them all off if I am attacked, if you should leave the room, or if the crew is alerted. What you see before you are a number of remote signalers each set to detonate 1 bomb. One is set to cause a bomb in my backpack to explode. I'm giving you a fair chance to save the crew, HoS; albeit at the expense of this room and everyone in it..."
Step seven: twist your moose-stach-e-o maniacally

More soon
"Riddle me this":
Step one: pick a spot somewhere on the station that is somewhat lightly traveled
Step two: spawn some goodies or steal something of significant value (a captain ID for example)
Step three: hide the special item(s)
Step four: write up and distribute notes around the station giving vague hints to the location of some other notes and eventually to the stash of loot
Step five: ambush the person(s) who find your stash
Step six: accuse them of being traitors and watch as they try to explain themselves and the mysterious notes

"Practical Teleportation" (variant one):
Helpful to be an electri--mechanic or the CE
Step one: learn how to use the new(ish) mechanic's stuff you pubbie
Step two: set up a useful system of two way teleporters around the station
(Optional)Step three: ensure that disposals is blocked off and cannot be seen by the AI
Step four: install one way teleporter 1 tile from the disposals gibber - do be careful as you can easily get yourself killed
Step five: block off the left tile and the tile that is normally a window into the gib area
Step six: turn the conveyor belt on
Step seven: Radio-jammer is helpful here
Step eight: begin re-routing all the other teleporters to THAT pad

Those who teleport into the disposals pad have no tiles in which they can move to and the belt will shift your victim over one tile (unless they're wearing magnetic boots) into the gibber regardless of whether they're trying to run away; further they will get shifted before they can cut down a wall with an RCD.

"Practical Teleportation" (variant two):
Same setup as above, except in this case you instead of setting up a pad to the disposals gibber, you set the "killer" pad onto an elaborate set up of particle accelerators that inevitably lead to the trap of your choosing. I've seen this set up to launch people into a traitor built gibber down the end of a maintenance hallway.

Shall we play a game?:
Step one: get your grubby hands on the Russian revolver
Step two: Copy "points the gun to his head. Click!"
Step three: find your unwitting opponent (preferably a drunken-depressed captain)
Step four: convince them to accept a winner takes-all challenge
Step five: SPIN THE WHEEL BABY!
Step six: say "*custom"
Step seven: enter "points the gun to his head. Click!"
Step eight: click visual
Step nine: repeat 6-8 as needed until 5 turns have passed
Step ten: repeat steps 5-9 as needed.
Step eleven: repeat all as needed
Step twelve: you win SS13

The Master Thief:
Step one: get your favorite burglar garb (baklava, jazzy turtle-neck, flat cap and, sunglasses are a classic)
Step two: don a syndie ID, a chameleon projector, and freedom implants as needed
Step three: get your mitts on a utility belt and a full set of tools (NO NOT THE ANALYZER, DORK!)
Step four: have a change of clothes and your original ID handy
Step five: get a hideout for stashing your swag - I'm fond of the weed room outside of the janitor's office
Step six: STEAL THINGS! The more valuable the better.
Step seven: avoid the heat by using your chameleon while out of sight to change your clothes and ID
Step eight: calmly walk to your hideout and stash the swag.

Who's your best friend?:
Requires: Syndie ID, a means to annoy a target (anything non lethal), full face mask/hat (don't let your sprite's head show at all if able), a full change of clothes (including shoes, gloves, and headset type; you lazy bum), your original ID, and a med-kit. A chameleon projector makes like much easier for this as well. Microbombs in the remainder.

The idea here is to pick someone on the crew, then switch personas between your syndie id of beating them up and robbing them, and your crewman identity of being a helpful-crew-buddy that patches them up and defends them when others attack them.

This person should be your entire shift. You are either helping them as your normal unmasked or partially masked self, or stealing their shoes as your masked villain counterpart. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU KILL THIS PERSON. others are generally of no consequence, except that you might end up getting forced into a murder spree otherwise.

Syndicate-Guard-Buddy (aka the Volund-Buddy):
Dawn the guardbuddy costume in the science wing as well as some handcuffs, stun weaponry, and any other items that are less-than-lethal (or lethal, no one's judging [except me {and Heisinbee<and Ol' Harner>}]), a full face mask like a voice changer, a syndie ID, and as many microbombs as you can stuff inside of yourself.

The idea here is to act like a guard buddy. Plain and simple. Of course, you being a syndicate issue buddy might have some DD+histamine spray or a police baton as your method of detention. Often I will follow the first head I see until they either abandon me or they die. In such a case pick the first guy that walks by and repeat until you are defeated and explode, ripping off the limbs of everyone nearby followed by a storm of "holy shit".

" stares. stares into your eyes. stares at you so intently, you feel as though your very soul is being probed":
This is something you can often do as a non-badguy as well
It's helpful to be the chaplain. You will want: either the +2 dungeon robes in the chapel, or the chaplain's red hooded robes who's name escapes me. You will also want the skeleton mask, sunglasses, sandals are preffered, white gloves, and a bible (hint; this is why you might want to be the chaplain).
Step one: remove your face. Acid is often a good pick
Optional: ditch your backpack and only use the bible for ...things
Step three: use a syndie ID to change your name to " " and your job to whatever you find fitting (I will usually name myself something spooky)
Step four: follow a specific person around and use the "*stare" and "*glare" emotes whenever they aren't moving and you can stand still near them
Step five: if they stop moving long enough, slowly move towards them until you are right next to them
Step six: often you will be attacked, defend yourself, or just move away and keep distance while following them, repeat this and the above as needed
Step seven: if you are not attacked and they don't move after a while, steal their shoes or hat and stuff it into... well.. something
Step eight: occasionally throw out custom emotes suggesting spooky things like " your very soul trembles from it's gaze" " it's watching you..." "looks into your very being"
Step nine: continue the above until they die, or you lose them. - do the above to someone else until you re-locate your original mark

You will often be attacked in lethal fashion for this simple act of watching. You should probably defend yourself. Dork.

More soon™
Jerkface00 Wrote:Who's your best friend?:
Requires: Syndie ID, a means to annoy a target (anything non lethal), full face mask/hat (don't let your sprite's head show at all if able), a full change of clothes (including shoes, gloves, and headset type; you lazy bum), your original ID, and a med-kit. A chameleon projector makes like much easier for this as well. Microbombs in the remainder.

The idea here is to pick someone on the crew, then switch personas between your syndie id of beating them up and robbing them, and your crewman identity of being a helpful-crew-buddy that patches them up and defends them when others attack them.

This person should be your entire shift. You are either helping them as your normal unmasked or partially masked self, or stealing their shoes as your masked villain counterpart. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU KILL THIS PERSON. others are generally of no consequence, except that you might end up getting forced into a murder spree otherwise.

CARL, the syndicate trader in the mining field, sells an item called the Prototype cloaker or something. Basically it randomizes your name and appearance, including your voice. Just take your ID off, have a spare set of clothes, and after the syndie ID to get in you have nine crystals left to spend on microbombs.
It is absolutely more fun if a traitor is creative and interesting. That said, we don't encourage people do do ANYTHING with their traitor rounds. It's "their turn" sort of thing, and they can spend it how they want. If they wanna be a murderman, that's fine, and if they wanna be more creative and do a big gimmick, that's good too.

Anyway, good thread, good ideas.

That reminds me of a gimmick I did a few weeks back where I got two separate ids, a voice changer, a cloaker, a white bed sheet with eyeholes in them, a duplicate red bed sheet, and something to beat em up.
I spent the entire round being X's Guardian Angel and X's Personal Demons. In angel form I would follow him around and uncloak to beat up whomever is annoying the guy im protecting. in demon mode I would semi rarely uncloak and beat him up, sabotage whatever they are working on, etc.
Oh and I had "arguments" between the two by just switching ids and then yelling something back.

X's guardian angel says, "Don't worry, you are safe."
X's personal demons says, "Wanna bet, dork?"
X's guardian angel says, "oh what are you going to do? pester him? I have saved his life plenty of times."
X's personal demons says, "Not for long."
etc.

All in all a fun gimmick.
I spent a round building a variant of the Teleportation one, except I just made two teleporters that went to a custom room in space surrounded by crushers on all sides. Good times.

Might be fun to run some experiments with gravitron accellerators; put down a teleporter somewhere, have it warp you onto a pressure sensor + gravitron out in space, which sends you off towards another one... repeat in a loop around the station, maybe ending up against a wall. Not sure if space allows gravitrons to work forever or if you'd have to strategically place them like on the station, but in theory you could stick someone into laps around the station until they hit something and explode.
Get a voice changer and a syndicate card. Set the name on the card to "who." Go around committing crimes in broad daylight.
Lavastage Wrote:

That reminds me of a gimmick I did a few weeks back where I got two separate ids, a voice changer, a cloaker, a white bed sheet with eyeholes in them, a duplicate red bed sheet, and something to beat em up.
I spent the entire round being X's Guardian Angel and X's Personal Demons. In angel form I would follow him around and uncloak to beat up whomever is annoying the guy im protecting. in demon mode I would semi rarely uncloak and beat him up, sabotage whatever they are working on, etc.
Oh and I had "arguments" between the two by just switching ids and then yelling something back.

X's guardian angel says, "Don't worry, you are safe."
X's personal demons says, "Wanna bet, dork?"
X's guardian angel says, "oh what are you going to do? pester him? I have saved his life plenty of times."
X's personal demons says, "Not for long."
etc.

All in all a fun gimmick.

I was the AI that round, it was hilarious just watching it happen.
Just today, rather than going on a boring bomb/chemical flamethrower rampage when I found out I was a traitor RD, I did something a bit different. I got a derringer for emergencies, a tele-gun, chemical grenades (which I never used) and a bottle of poison. To my surprise the bottle held ice spider eggs. I stuffed several monkeys into the test chamber and welded the doors shut after giving the monkeys egg doses. I then went about zapping targets of opportunity with my tele-gun and scurrying back to the test chamber to watch the spiders do their work.

I don't know how many people I managed to kill, but eventually the head of security cleared out the spiders with the help of some borgs and I found myself being shoved face-first in the reclaimer.
I still think you should have made spider egg smoke grenades
One round I mass produced ice spiders with the aid of several valuchimps and a cut disposal pipe. The results were as terrifying as you'd expect, and would have been even better if there weren't only 2 people playing at the time.
Step one, somehow get a mailman outfit.
Step two, go into space and find a Mario hat.
Step three, paint your suit red.
Step four, get the plunger.
step five, get a shit ton of spaghetti.
step six, go around the station piping, popping out of a pipe yelling "IT'S-A-ME MARIO!" before giving them spaghetti/murdering them.
Get a job change to sec, find the loaf processor, connect it to the pipe leading from the floor flusher in genpop to that spot just outside sec. Then brig as many people as possible and watch the adminhelps roll in.
"The Ol' Switcheroo":
I've done this a few times as sec to keep things interesting when things are dull and the likely only living badguy gets brig-e-fied or is about to get lynched by a mob of greysuits or has been otherwise defeated. Do be mindful that this is EXPLICITLY AIDING A BAD GUY WHEN YOU ARE NOT and such acts are generally frowned upon!

Quite simply, get the mark into a secluded place where only he and you are, and then switch out your fancy red pajamas and or baret for their orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. Obviously you both need to be completely masked. When speaking or being spoken to custom emotes are your / the other guy's friend.

The last time I pulled this with someone a trial for their crimes against the crew was underway. He was a traitor (and likely the only living bad guy at that) at 12 minutes in. It was probably one of the longest trials I've seen on the glorious goon station ; witnessess, evidence, direct, cross, even a jury deliberation was had! At one point he cursed the existence of nanotansen and their mega-corporate greed and how they used human lives as disposable pawns. At this point I realized this bad guy needed more mousach-e-o twirling time. As punishment for his Slander against the glorious Arizst err, Nanotransen, he was held in swirley contempt. As Sec and acting bailiff I executed this sentence. As we were locked in the brig's toilet room, i swapped his clothes and id for mine and vice-verse. Afterwards we returned to the defendant's seat and the trial continued. Eventually my (his) verdict was announced. As the sentence was being decided the truth came to light when someone realized the true Xipholophogus has blue hair and the person wearing the baret had lacked the fine cobalt locks of the real HoS. Demands that the prisoner's mask be removed cried out! Bewilderment, "Holy shit(s)" and "what the fucks" were heard for the next several minutes as the imposter made his escape, I yelled at the "dofuses" for not recognizing me sooner and the merry chase of a bad guy formerly busted on now the lamb continued for the next 20ish minutes.

This could also work out if you are working in tangent with a mindslave or something. You just need a willing other party to go along with it really.
Think: The Prestige
Damn lack of an edit button....

I forgot to say:

More soon™