Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arc Smelter Feedback Thread
I would be absolutely overjoyed if it could be possible to make spikes out of the new alloys. The way they would work is that you could attach them to anything, and literally all they would do is add something to it's description, since there are already classifiers as to how good a metal bar is, it would look something like this. "This is a perfect phauxite grille. It menaces with spikes of pharoquil." Same could be done with cabochons or strips, etc. Maybe even all of them on one thing. "This is a sturdy uqilosium chair, it glistens with cabochons of mauxite. It is detailed with strips of pharebite. It menaces with spikes of bone."
Ehhhh, I dunno about that. It's a funny idea but it's a bit too overt of a reference, which I say despite all the other glaringly obvious references. Hmph. Maybe.
I think that the more unique materials should have special aspects and applications

like breaking a telecrystal bar should teleport you to a random beacon
Or a miracle matter bar can cause something chaotic, etc etc.
If you can paint armor different colors or whatever I think a few clown gags would be fun. My idea was just compounding on other suggestions. Make armor out of plastic > Paint it yellow > iron clown time.

Also black armor and a batman mask from off station = bat clown, combine that with the wrestling belt and you have a clowned crusader.

Also Spikes sounds too much like an excuse to weaponize things.

This is a slag shovel covered in spikes, hit everything with it.

These are boxing gloves with spikes on them, punch people in the face now.

Also telecrystal would probably make a terrible thing to make items out of.

Imagine every time you use a telecrystal slag shovel you get teleported to a random part of the station by accident.
Please allow us to make banana alloys for optimal clowning.
This is a good erebite wall. It menaces with spikes of erebite. It menaces with spikes of erebite. It menaces with spikes of erebite. It is adorned with rings of erebite. It is banded with rings of erebite. It menaces with spikes of erebite. It menaces with spikes of erebite. There is an image of a space man in erebite. There is an image of a space man in erebite. The space man is laughing. The space man is in the fetal position.

(What i'm saying is YES)
erebite boxing gloves that create tiny explosions on impact(that you need industrial armour to protect your self from)
Archenteron Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:I think pretty much everything made with erebite would be dangerous.

For instance you could be a mega jerk and put an erebite wall in front of doors. rcd sparks or a welder theoretically would be a bad idea.

Smelt erebite, make erebite floor tiles, tile a room, order the AI to blow the lights.

Someone please test this.

Someone refloored the chapel in erebite floor tiles. When it went off, it locked up #2. What have I wrought in ideas?
Another material I think would be interesting is reinforced ceramic Cogwerks. Reinforced ceramic irl is made from various salts of borax combined with carbon and sulfuric acid at high temperatures in a kiln or smelter.
I think in the game though, clarentine and char would suffice to make this super ceramic.
Amuys Wrote:Another material I think would be interesting is reinforced ceramic Cogwerks. Reinforced ceramic irl is made from various salts of borax combined with carbon and sulfuric acid at high temperatures in a kiln or smelter.
I think in the game though, clarentine and char would suffice to make this super ceramic.

Ceramic plate inserts for regular armour vests?
If so, I like this idea.
Telecrystal closets should do something silly like teleport objects you put into it somewhere else or another closet, teleport random objects INTO the closet, or switch it's place with a random closet on the station.
Any point in documenting the effects of the metals just yet?

I've wrote a list of what each metal (or metals I have gotten my hands on), I've avoided the numbers from the machine (as i'm certain they're subject to tweaking), but i've wrote down what metals have certain effects, like uqill being impact resistant, telecystals having special powers, and so on so forth.

One thing that confuses me: Crystal windows (made from plasma, but not from the arc smelter) are practically shatter resistant. However, plasma windows (From the arc smelter) are not, at all.

Another thing; What is the purpose of coating when it comes to armor? Does it just change the color of the armor or does it have an actual effect?

What is the purpose of quality? Does the values increase as the quality goes up? One thing that effects the quality i've noticed is
A) The material used. Slag will produce shitty quality, while miraclium will produce magnificent quality
B) The amount used. Using two instead of one source material, ie: 2x miracle matter.

Can I suggest a third variable? How about heat? Put a pump into arc smelter that a canister can be attached. The higher the temp the better quality the material. This way, engineers could siphon off some stuff from the hot loop, or scientists from toxins. It's almost as if the arc smelter is screaming for this to be implemented.
So pod armor is fucking marvelous. I have yet to test it in combat, but making it with top tier materials gets you a speed demon that can make a loop around the station in just under a minute if you suck at turning and run into shit a couple times.

Next time I get one I'm gonna plow through the mining field looking for a fight to test the endurance and resistance to explosions.
I don't know if this is possible, but shrapnel from pipe bombs made from radioactive metals should irradiate the victim it becomes embedded in until removal.
Holy water in that materials tank should add vampire burning effects to shovels and armor used with it.