Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arc Smelter Feedback Thread
Beds created from custom materials should apply whatever the material's effect is to you. So say you make some cylag (Cyanide and slag) and create a bed out of it's metal, it should apply cyanide to anyone who sleeps in it unsmigghh.
I was hoping that reagent effects would be infused into objects, but in retrospect it kind of was silly to think that hitting myself with a styptic shovel while nearly dead would make anything better.
If you make a jumpsuit out of grog-infused fabric it should just automatically become a Captain's Jumpsuit.
There needs to be a way to check what the alloy's base elements are. for example if you examine an erinkite floor tile or something it would say its made up of cerinkite and eribite. and if its mixed with a chemical it would be cerinkite and eribite + some strange mixture. Etc.
So the proysim chemical that heats by iteslef over time and Erebite Does not work like a ticking time bomb...Please fix so i can mail bomb people with erebite bombs using tricky timing
http://i.imgur.com/yAFLfQj.png I approve the new additive barrel!
It's a shame really. I was hoping Chlorineuxite gloves would let me punch people on fire.
I have a suggestion for the effects of telecrystals. It would be neat if a box or a gas canister made of telecrystal would have an increased storage size because of the space-warping abilities of the crystal. So, a gas canister or tank would have 5-10 times the storage capacity, and boxes could hold objects of any size that will fit into your hand (or even larger than that?) like a backpack. However, if the alloy used is anything other than the highest quality, give the boxes a small chance of warping objects inside to some random location, and make the gas canisters teleport small to moderate quantities of gas to nearby tiles, but don't let these objects randomly teleport on their own unless hit by something.

To do this, I suppose you'd give telecrystal alloys an additional stat, teleport stability, that is decreased only when ore quality is lowered, but is not changed no matter what other materials the crystal is alloyed with.

This way, we'd have a reason to deliberately make alloys of lower quality. For example, an enterprising traitor could fill a canister with a huge quantity of unpleasant gas, hide it somewhere near an area that doesn't have a repressurization port, and let the teleport effect do the rest. Actually, you could even place such a canister on the outside of the station in an area that can't be seen because of walls. That'd take some effort on the part of the crew to deal with.

Also, I had hoped that char-erebite alloy would cause something interesting to happen if used in the furnaces, but that doesn't seem to be the case?
Did you try mixing it with weilding fuel.

The last time I mixed something with wielding fuel and set it on fire it blew a hole in the warehouse, probably destroyed the arc smelter, and I adminhelped (and ooc'd at the end of the round) that it was an accident and I was testing in a dumb spot and didn't think it would make that big a hole. I'm pretty certain people on OOC laughed at me because work accidents are funny. I put a weilder and a block of weilding fuild + mauxite and I think molitz in that little area with the blueprint things and didn't think the block would act like a bomb. It did.
(do not assume that just because an area has reinforced walls that you can test there, testing chamber is safer generally)
That was just weilding fuel so I think char + erebite + weilding fluid might be worse.

So uh my take out on that is if you want a brick to explode add weilding fluid to the composition.
This is a bit of a spergy request, but needing to wear welding helmets should be necessary if you don't want to go blind. Also, I guess if it isn't cleaned properly, the arc smelter ejecting materials similar to a hacked fabricator (may or may not be flaming) would be cool as well.
It seems that one smelting operation of any kind accumulates a unit of slag, so as a miscreant I was able to smelt down slag into a bar and shovel out another bit of slag to repeat the process with. Doing so as a miscreant I was able to make a wall maze over half the station.

Is this a feature, or a bug?
Amuys Wrote:This is a bit of a spergy request, but needing to wear welding helmets should be necessary if you don't want to go blind. Also, I guess if it isn't cleaned properly, the arc smelter ejecting materials similar to a hacked fabricator (may or may not be flaming) would be cool as well.

Not cleaning the smelter between each job apparently results in lower-quality materials. I haven't tested the statistical differences but that appears to be the intent.
I made holy water gloves but alas, it did not hurt the Vampire when I punched him.
Do custom glasses interact properly with silicates, and as a follow up, does adding silicate to molitz make it pre-strengthened?
Anticheese Wrote:Do custom glasses interact properly with silicates, and as a follow up, does adding silicate to molitz make it pre-strengthened?

Silicate does nothing at this time, unfortunately.