Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerdy games
Team Fortress 2, mostly---with a tiny bit of DotA2 on the side.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Lavastage Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Tried playing the full version of factorio, my assembly lines keep getting clogged up with unprocessed ore no matter how I lay them out. I think the inserters might be bugged, I'm going back o crusader kings until the next update.
Did you make sure they were facing the right way?

Yes and they still left every third chunk of ore on the conveyor belt, until they clogged up something else and brought the whole assembly line to a grinding halt. Seems like there's one correct way to set up assembly lines (as shown in "a new hope") and if you deviate from that at all you get a huge mess of ore and coal everywhere.
Everything has a certain processing time. If you are using normal inserters they aren't going to be keeping up with a lot of ore coming and if they are putting the ore into a furnace then the normal furnace is pretty slow and needs time to make stuff. Upgrade to Fast Inserters and try to get Steel Furnaces if you don't want to cut your conveyor so they don't get into the other stuff. You don't need a long line of conveyors. I've found it best to make small ones connecting stuff to other stuff and not have one line across.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:PRIME is a nice sci fi roguelike

also I'm currently making a roguelike-like based on an old game called Decker which will be centered around network security and IT bullshit we all love (i am a sysadmin for my univ's student housing buildings' networks)
Decker? As in Shadowrun Deckers?

It is actually based off the shadowrun franchise yes
I mean Decker, not the game I'm developping
FTL is a fun one
Has anyone been trying the new Dwarf Fortress lately? I've been waiting for it to be less buggy, but I got tired of waiting and just started downloading the latest build. Anything I should know about before I plan out my 20 z-level monument to my own arrogance only to get my dwarves killed by giant eagles in the first month?
Wydamn Wrote:Has anyone been trying the new Dwarf Fortress lately? I've been waiting for it to be less buggy, but I got tired of waiting and just started downloading the latest build. Anything I should know about before I plan out my 20 z-level monument to my own arrogance only to get my dwarves killed by giant eagles in the first month?
It's gonna crash and you will lose everything, that's all you need to know.
I've mostly been playing Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate on my 3DS. Good god that game is such a major timesink.

And I can't stop playing it oh god send help.
Been playing alot of Total War: Shogun 2. That game is still great. Wish Rome 2 would have been at least half as good. Oh also Plague Inc: Evolved. Pretty fun game for what is basicly an upgraded version of the flash game Pandemic that you need to pay for. Eh. It's good enough for money if on sale.
I'm surprised noone has mentioned http://en.cataclysmdda.com. People had been talking about it in IRC and I think it qualifies.
KikiMofo Wrote:Been playing alot of Total War: Shogun 2. That game is still great. Wish Rome 2 would have been at least half as good. Oh also Plague Inc: Evolved. Pretty fun game for what is basicly an upgraded version of the flash game Pandemic that you need to pay for. Eh. It's good enough for money if on sale.

Shogun 2 won't load past the splash screen for me, tried everything.

I play around with old games from my youth nowadays. Theme Hospital, Heretic, Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate. Good way to keep my head sharp.
SpaceNaba Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Been playing alot of Total War: Shogun 2. That game is still great. Wish Rome 2 would have been at least half as good. Oh also Plague Inc: Evolved. Pretty fun game for what is basicly an upgraded version of the flash game Pandemic that you need to pay for. Eh. It's good enough for money if on sale.
Shogun 2 won't load past the splash screen for me, tried everything.
I assume you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling yeah? Do you use Steam for it?
The Sims 3
/dumb
Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper, and Syndicate are all excellent games. I liked Syndicate even better than the original XCOM, but I guess that's partly because I was always more into cyberpunk dystopias and playing as a bad guy against other bad guys apealled to me. I probably wouldn't be as into dwarf fortress if I didn't play Dungeon Keeper first. And Theme Hospital was a hectic mess that kept me laughing even while I was busy trying to keep everything from falling apart.

Now that I have a computer capable of playing EVE Online (under Wine and with max graphics settings, no less), I've been trying that out the past couple of days. It is pretty awesome.
Don't worry, you'll get burned out with eve before you know it. There's always more and it's always repetitive.