Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerdy games
So...i noticed the lack of threads about Nerdy games we play so i have taken up this humble duty to Start it up....Post up any games you play(when you not playing ss13) that don't have their own threads

Card hunter- Its an Turn-based fighting game using a simlar combat thing as X-com.....You equip your dudes with equiment which give them cards that you draw to fight with.The higher teir equiment often come with bad cards that you have to play (If i renember right).It currently free to play http://game.cardhunter.com/
Shores of Hazeron, a space simulation in which you can start an empire across planets, systems, and galaxies, most things are user created and it has a very nice atmosphere to it, not enough players though. frown
I've been playing Factorio. It's about building factory lines and progression. Kinda like minecraft but just about advancing in the progression lines.

KikiMofo Wrote:I've been playing Factorio. It's about building factory lines and progression. Kinda like minecraft but just about advancing in the progression lines.
Ditto. I love that game to bits.

Ive also been playing this game in my spare time

Its a turn-based artillery game where you actually have to deal with gravity physics and the movement of planets. Its really fun, and still in alpha.
Sadly its community is really small. Hint Hint share this with your friends.

ill probably add more games to this list later.
I play Dominions quite often. It's a TBS fantasy game which is based more on world mythologies than typical fantasy races.
[Image: ehZYor9.gif]
Like hundreds of pygmies with flaming bows supported by spider riding knights attacking frost giants.
The last federation(From the makers of AI war)- You are the last of a murder dictator race called the hydrals. You have a dream to unify all the races into a space federation (Even if it means you kill every race but one to do it). You manulate the 7-8 diffrent races into the paths you want using favors,jobs,bribing or a plain holocausts of the races that dislike you. The combat in the game is a unique thing of managing a space ship using diffrent weapons,powers and managing power levels of your sheilds,weapons, and thrusters in a Turn based enviroment that swtiches to real time bullet hell for a few seconds till it returns back to the turnbased phased (the combat is sped up a bit in the video)

Also admins you mind changing the name of the thread to something better of your choice...Nerdy games isn't a good title(i am horribly un-creative with names and titles
i play wazhack a lot. it's a fun little dungeon crawler that's difficult as heck! can get irritating sometimes too!

basically, you need to get an amulet thats at the bottom of the dungeon and protected by a dragon, and then return to the top with it. along the way you have to deal with cursed items and monsters, but you have all the time in the world. until you select an action or move, the monsters around you (and yourself) will stand still!
Nethack and dungeon crawl stone soup edition are basically this but superior in literally every way.
dungeon crawl stone soup is literally nethack but better in every way*
I've been playing X3 recently, one of my favorite games of all time. I get so addicted to it and lose track of time while playing it.

Early access is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming since Origin.

Lavastage Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:I've been playing Factorio. It's about building factory lines and progression. Kinda like minecraft but just about advancing in the progression lines.
Ditto. I love that game to bits.

Ive also been playing this game in my spare time

Its a turn-based artillery game where you actually have to deal with gravity physics and the movement of planets. Its really fun, and still in alpha.
Sadly its community is really small. Hint Hint share this with your friends.

ill probably add more games to this list later.
Stole my idea Argh!
A fun game to play is Mush. Its a browser based social game. And yes, I groaned when I first heard that as well.
Its a space ship survival game where you fill a role and do your job while hunting down two crewmembers who have been infected by the mush.
The mush will want to destroy the crew or infect them. Its a great game of trust and paranoia while battling the elements of space, struggling with food and oxygen and trying to keep the ship from falling apart.
One thing to note about this game is that it takes several days, sometimes weeks, to finish a game. And you get 1 or 2 action points per 3 hours.
And sometimes the ship will just fail because the person supposed to be scanning for planets we can go grab oxygen from has no idea how to do their job and decide to just log out and never play again and god damn it at least ask if you want to know how to do a thing don't just doom the crew they can't even suicide to get a new ship with active players because its against the rules. Inactive players just ruin the game okay.
This game is all about cooperation and communication, so when some members are missing it hurts the rest of the ship.
Actually, Plump did a couple of lets plays on this game.

This is the first one he did on the game, so he explains a bit on how things work. Its a good idea to sit down and watch a few of them if you think you want to get into this game.
They're pretty fun to watch if you have a few hours. You get invested in the story unfolding while you try to guess who the bad guys are.

Another fun game would be Cataclysm: Dark days ahead.
Its a roguelike open world apocalypse survival sandbox.
Its really fun to mess around in. And its always being updated with new stuff.
I'd highly recommend it if you like roguelikes. Building custom cars and cabins in the woods is something I enjoy doing in that game.
PRIME is a nice sci fi roguelike

also I'm currently making a roguelike-like based on an old game called Decker which will be centered around network security and IT bullshit we all love (i am a sysadmin for my univ's student housing buildings' networks)
Space Engineers. Buncha nerds building shit in space and ramming it into other shit.
Splatpope Wrote:PRIME is a nice sci fi roguelike

also I'm currently making a roguelike-like based on an old game called Decker which will be centered around network security and IT bullshit we all love (i am a sysadmin for my univ's student housing buildings' networks)
Decker? As in Shadowrun Deckers?