Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shitty syndicate B-Team invasion.
At the very least, this would make an amazing set of gimmick rounds.
Even if this never becomes an official thing, this is DEFINITELY being added to my list of gimmick rounds to run, especially if/when I get the ability to varedit and give mutations to people. I think leaving it as a gimmick lets it be funnier as you can only code so many weird objectives/conditions/item spawns, but creativity is (theoretically) the limit in an admin-run round.
Daeren Wrote:Even if this never becomes an official thing, this is DEFINITELY being added to my list of gimmick rounds to run, especially if/when I get the ability to varedit and give mutations to people. I think leaving it as a gimmick lets it be funnier as you can only code so many weird objectives/conditions/item spawns, but creativity is (theoretically) the limit in an admin-run round.

Oh, I don't know. Mixed and Nuke are always a shitshow, combining the two formally seems like the next natural step.
no way this can just be a gimmick round, otherwise it will never happen when I'm playing (like gang mode)
Zadeon Wrote:Idea: give them one burlap sack that can hold an (almost) infinite amount of ANYTHING. This would help them with their super long objectives or other shenanigans. You could even fit people inside it. This item should maybe be the only good thing they have. If they lose it then good luck. With this item they could have objectives like "Create a zoo with at least 10 people in it."

This is a good idea, would it be possible and/or easy to code a "Burlap Sack" item that you can stuff a limitless amount of items into, but you can only get stuff out of by dumping it all out at once? Even better: Make it fit into the exo slot, and give you a sprite of a big sack across your shoulder. v
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Zadeon Wrote:Idea: give them one burlap sack that can hold an (almost) infinite amount of ANYTHING. This would help them with their super long objectives or other shenanigans. You could even fit people inside it. This item should maybe be the only good thing they have. If they lose it then good luck. With this item they could have objectives like "Create a zoo with at least 10 people in it."

This is a good idea, would it be possible and/or easy to code a "Burlap Sack" item that you can stuff a limitless amount of items into, but you can only get stuff out of by dumping it all out at once? Even better: Make it fit into the exo slot, and give you a sprite of a big sack across your shoulder. v

No, no, obviously it would fall into the backpack slot.
So I was talking over the IRC for more ideas to this, and we came up with the idea that the team starts out with one small, easy objective. Once they complete it, they are then given a new objective AND rewarded. The objectives gradually get harder and harder eventually to the point of near impossible (i.e. "Ensure all of the crew are alive at the end of the round.") The harder the objective the better the reward. There should also be an option to get a new objective to replace the one you have but you loose points or something.
Code:
UrsulaMajor> "You completed an objective. WOAH, your burlap sack just spat out an AK!!!"
If that's the case, I think the syndie team should have a bonus gimmick objective. One that has no real bearing on their reward objectives but is just to keep them from going murder happy.

Something traitor to borderline sane.

Some ideas

Bonus Objective: Create an elaborate con with your team that swindles members of the crew out of money or valuables.

Bonus Objective: Get a member of the station fired or demoted.

Bonus Objective: Convince the crew that your team is a suitable replacement for an existing department (e.g Sec is bad, me and my buddies are better sec, who's with me)

Bonus Objective: Release a large amount of drugs onto the station and get the crew deeply involved in a drug trade ring.

Basically like regular traitor or miscreant objectives but with a team backing.
As long as they have a commlink channel to themselves yeah, teamwork. Communication is the key element to teamwork and it's far too underutilized.
The B-team requires the saint-row kitty hats in the list of possible costumes....I want to be the cat burgler of the B-team...stealing pizza