Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strike The Earth! A Goonstation DF Succession Game
Dead already? So soon.. How did I get killed?
Chike101 Wrote:Dead already? So soon.. How did I get killed?
check the list again: You're not dead, you're not named.
The legend reads:
X = Alive and Named
O = Dead

No mark means you've not got a dwarf
Zadeon Wrote:Can I be named one if there are any available?
You were already named and went insane, punched a war dog in the mouth, and got ripped to pieces :C
I'm sorry
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
You were already named and went insane, punched a war dog in the mouth, and got ripped to pieces :C
I'm sorry
It's a good way to go out in my opinion.
KikiMofo Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
I'm sorry
It's a good way to go out in my opinion.

Indeed, a noble effort on decreasing FPS death, but you punched the wrong species.

kill every goddamn cat Grimm and frostbitten
Quote:Thanks, Bobert. Again, while I'd love to play this, I don't want to fuck it up for everyone else in the list.

Also, a while ago there was a thread on the bay12 forums on doing this during your turn and it survived well past the current slated game, don't worry, it's just added CHALLENGEandfun.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
I'm sorry
Well, then I guess you could say rest in piece.
Oh, could've sworn I was on a name list earlier. Sorry.

Can we fix that, please?
Dear General Rovodkatak, whelp. WHELP.

I'm not entirely sure what you wanted me to do here. There's piles of angry dwarves on the verge of slaughtering themselves, eachothers, and the cats at a moment's notice. Along with such, there's -literally zero- defenses. I've dug some basic moats, but they froze over pretty quick. Next order of business is a wall. Oh, and I have a cheap militia started up.

The designations for basic defenses.
[Image: 24w905l.jpg]

I've also taken it upon myself to build a 'happy hall'. Should keep those insane tantrums from happening -too- often.
[Image: 1oak39.jpg]
Along with engraving various dining areas and the like, MORE VALUE.
[Image: f4laa0.jpg]

I don't know what I can salvage, but I'll be damned if something isn't. Jebediah's double was murdered and there were no witnesses, so I convicted the most likely culprit, a kiwi hen that trespassed on our lands. Somehow this enraged the populace? I'm not sure what they want from me, I gave them justice! (After discovering the killer was me, Bobert, any further searching into the case has been dropped.) Sadly, Broodlines was also ended by an angry fistfight. The culprit was a random metalworker migrant, and he's been punished accordingly.
-Regards, Bobert.
Bobbeh Wrote:The designations for basic defenses.

I SEE RUDE WORDS IN THAT THERE GROUND.
thehman03 Wrote:
Bobbeh Wrote:The designations for basic defenses.

I SEE RUDE WORDS IN THAT THERE GROUND.
Take a look at the message outside my save's fort
Dear General Rovodkatak, haha nope.

Winter hit, and boy did it hit HARD. I mean holy shit pretty much any work I tried doing to improve happiness was dashed away.
A goblin ambush mangled every single dog, but our shitty 5 man militia managed to stave them off, before shortly dying of thirst due to no water.

Since none of the previous scrubs did it, I've punched into the nearest cavern to try and find water. Sadly there's no water, but no cave creatures either! A good-ish find.
[Image: 2ue0enp.jpg]

Hipbee made an artifact! Accurately enough it depicts Lantern, one of the militiamen, dying of thirst.
[Image: 2uyqemq.jpg]

I've dug a pathway from the frozen river to the caverns, and built a cistern to catch the runoff during spring. (Good luck with that next guy)
[Image: 28vvp5d.jpg]

And finally, all the deaths racked up so far. RIP
[Image: 29pc4uo.jpg]

And thus ends my rule over the hellhole that is this pitiful excuse for a fort. Good riddance.
I think I know why the dwarves are refusing to drink any booze. If you only have one kind of booze dwarves will refuse to drink it if they lack any variety of booze at all. Even if it will kill them. The solution of this is either to have a source of water or to make multiple forms of booze. For the next overviewer.
I can't wait for my old dwarf to show up from the last fort as a migrant. She had more strength than god.
I think it's my turn? I'm not sure. If it is ill start tonight and probably be done tomorrow night.