Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strike The Earth! A Goonstation DF Succession Game
WELCOME TO GEMWHIRLED
[Image: o84vmJT.png?1]
(For those who can't read Ascii: http://i.imgur.com/g4Dd4kH.png?1)

A couple of us nerds are getting together to do a succession game of Dwarf Fortress and post the results here.

In the style of Boatmurdered, each player will have One Year (In-Game) holding the reins of the fort, and then pass it along to the next player in the succession. The player in control will post screencaps and reports every so often as stuff happens. Writing the reports in-character is encouraged but not mandatory.

The current succession list can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe4onsxwxho0xez/dwarf.txt

Want to play with us? Want a dwarf named after you? Want to discuss what's happening or just pipe in to call us nerds? We heavily encourage audience participation. We have an IRC channel on irc://irc.synirc.com/Gemwhirled
i suppose somebody has to fix everything you dorks mess up, sign me up!
Yes please. But put me lower down on the list so I can relearn the game. (It's Lantern btw)
28th Obsidian 5, Overseer Ursula Major Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,
Just received your roster for my fortress assignment, today. I've been looking forward to this chance to prove myself to Queen Amidlolor.

[Image: Az8yfP1.png?1]

I was a little concerned regarding the one named "pac0_BR". What does the job "Beloved Friend" mean?

Sincerely,
Ursula Major

1st Granite 6, Overseer Ursula Major Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,

Happy New Years! Long live the queen!

It's cold here

Sincerely,
Ursula Major

3rd Slate 6, Overseer Ursula Major Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,

The Spring thaw is upon us, the river to the north has begun to flow, and the snow is no longer underfoot. This is good news, as preliminary digging into the mountain has yielded no stone for the creation of buildings, and we had taken to sleeping in the wagon while Iamgoofball carves away what will be our new home.

I, as Manager and Overseer, refuse to allow my fellow dwarves to live in an earthen hovel. I demand proper, dwarvenly stone.

[Image: aegBb8N.png?1]

Hopefully, Iamgoofball's efforts will pay off soon.

Sincerely,
Ursula Major
I would love to participate if possible! I'd produce more stone crafts than anyone else ever thought was possible. Just don't blame me if the elves stop bringing trade caravans and start bringing war parties!

Also, should people post here if they want their names in the game, even if they don't want to actually take part? I feel like that would be a nice thing to do smile
FishDance2 Wrote:I would love to participate if possible! I'd produce more stone crafts than anyone else ever thought was possible. Just don't blame me if the elves stop bringing trade caravans and start bringing war parties!

Also, should people post here if they want their names in the game, even if they don't want to actually take part? I feel like that would be a nice thing to do smile

If you want a dwarf named after you, let me know in the irc channel or by posting here
3rd Hematite 6, Overseer Ursula Major Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,

We worked hard through the remaining days of spring, and the hot days of summer are upon us.

My office is complete, and I immediately set to task cataloging each and every seed, rock, and mote of dust in the good fortress of Gemwhirled; after all, a good organizer is one with an attention to detail!

In the interim time, I told pac0_BR and Zadeon to plant the seeds that we brought with us handed Cogwerks a pick so that he could aid Iamgoofball in his work carving out our living area downstairs.

[Image: 2nowXFL.png?1]
[Image: wLA6xfe.png?1]

While we're none-too-happy about sleeping with our faces in the dirt, we are all very satisfied with our work, and are excited for the imminent completion of the dormitories and dining hall.

Sincerely,
Ursula Major
I would totally do this!.... if I knew how to even survive in this game. I would love to watch the progress at least! I might join in at a later date if I could figure out how to play.
14th Sandstone 6, Overseer Ursula Major Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,

Autumn is upon us and the fortress fairs well.

The dormitories are built, the dining hall nears completion, and a recent migrant, peasant Kikimofo has started a small militia called "the Inky Directions

[Image: eTosoAL.png?1]
[Image: IttxiIq.png?1]

Thanks to the efforts of Metalsmith Lantern, and a rich natural supply of lignite and magnetite discovered by our miners, we are pumping out iron bars and armaments with great speed.

We noticed that the caravan is running a bit later than scheduled. Is everything alright, General Rovodkatak?

Sincerely,
Ursula Major
15th Moonstone 6, Overseer Ursula Major Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,

The caravan has finally come and gone, and we traded what crafts we had in exchange for food and seeds that we hope will last us through the winter.

We will be glad to supply the mountainhomes with your requests as soon as possible:

[Image: oRMDNKA.png?1]

Winter is upon the fortress, and I fear my time as overseer might be coming to an end. I hear Iamgoofball might be due for a promotion; after all, he practically carved out the entire place by himself.

[Image: fEAfMzn.png?1]

[Image: zr2WywX.png?1]

Sincerely,
Ursula Major

NOTE: My computer crashed and I had to start over. The fort is basically the same, but some things are moved around and dwarf names might have changed. Just pretend Superboy-Prime punched the universe or something
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
1st Granite 7, Overseer Ursula Major Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,

Happy New Years! Long live the queen!

And, I suppose, it's time for me to step down as overseer. I've decided to hand control of the promising fortress over to Iamgoofball; after all, with my new job of Manager and Bookkeeper, I'll be kept very busy.

I've added some notes around the fortress so we can keep things straight around here.

Kikimofo seems depressed, lately: Something about Plan Danger Room has her upset. I'll leave that to Iamgoofball to handle...

Here are the statistics for the fortress as I leave it:
[Image: QzyCht0.png?1]
[Image: 3f887Cp.png?1]
[Image: LyWxYAV.png?1]

Sincerely,
Ursula Major
Next up is Iamgoofball

The line of succession is currently:

UrsulaMajor
Iamgoofball
Broodlines
Fishdance
Lantern
Lavastage (?)
Saintish
Was debating on whether I wanted to do this or not, but here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4xiwhfp0sdyk7mh/pF9Sq3CSOA

For those who want to play along, I guess! Here's a download link for all the screenshots (un-stretched, for those who hated what i did to make them fit on the forums) and the save file as it is at the time of my departure!

Iamgoofball should start posting sometime tomorrow!
already decided on a mass building project I want to do. Hint. It involves killing massive amounts of elves.
I am not Dwarf enough to play, but I look forward to seeing what kind of madness this succession fort will endure (or not).