Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strike The Earth! A Goonstation DF Succession Game
I've been playing Dorf Fort for several years and it hasn't gotten old yet. Count me in.
Forgot to mention, I like using Mayday's tileset.
1st Granite, 7, Overseer Iamgoofball Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,
Hello! I am the new overseer of Gemwhirled!

I have big plans for this fortress, big plans indeed.

We'll have to wait for the ice to thaw out before we can get started on them, but it should thaw soon.

Here's a sketch of what our small colony of Gemwhirled looks like right now.
[Image: k5UNY70.png?1]
[Image: QnIq6k0.png?1]

I will make sure to inform you of progress on Gemwhirled.

-Iamgoofball
O goodness me, some dwarves in my space station 13. Hi, i am literally a dorf IRL, please dwarf me ASAP and add me somewhere in the player list near the back of the line. Don't have much time to write now so im keeping it short n sweet, don't fuck the fort up. smile
thehman03 Wrote:O goodness me, some dwarves in my space station 13. Hi, i am literally a dorf IRL, please dwarf me ASAP and add me somewhere in the player list near the back of the line. Don't have much time to write now so im keeping it short n sweet, don't fuck the fort up. smile

Also I use mayday and shit.
1st Hematite, 7, Early Summer Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,
Things are coming along well.

[Image: UBV4jRz.png?1]
Pac0_BR is a master of parties apparently, and sent his invitations far and wide, as we now have 37 dwarves living at Gemwhirled.

The snow is finally starting to melt, and the lakes starting to thaw, as we enter Summer.

We have constructed the "Hall of Legends", an area to tell the tales of Gemwhirled.
[Image: QtA7pa1.png?1]

Everything was going fine until those fucking beardless treehuggers a certain civilization showed up.
[Image: 88R3E1q.png?1]
Those hypocrites had a ton of wooden objects they were trying to peddle to us. We bought all their cloth and sold them shiny trinkets that seem to make the minds of the filthy beardless jackasseselves distracted for hours on end.

The previous Overseer should have some fond memories when he sees this engraving.
[Image: DsWjB7T.png?1]

Speaking of which, Zadeon is a master at engraving. Every day or so he comes out with a masterpiece engraving, that makes simple tasks like drinking booze seem earthshakingly important and dramatic. It brings a tear to my eye whenever I see his wonderful engraving of me eating a Plump Helmet mushroom.

I have some plans to construct a bedroom worthy of emperors for me, and any future overseers.

I will keep you updated with progress on the fort.

-Overseer Iamgoofball
3rd Limestone, 7, Early Autumm, Overseer Iamgoofball Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,

It was not a good summer.

One of our immigrants went insane, and died of thirst. Our fort's first death.

And then something even more terrible happened.

[Image: Rb26fnm.png?1]

Pac0_BR said something. He said a word.

A word so terrible I cannot bring myself to write it.

As such, I have included our chief engraver's picture of the event.

[Image: BhCDnis.png?2]

Even HE could not bring himself to write the full word, having a seizure as he started writing it and accidentally making it a black spot, due to how horrible the word was.

As such, stupid pac0_br has now been assigned to refuse hauling, and only refuse hauling, until the end of his days. We also shaved his entire beard off for good measure, so that all of dwarven civillization shall know that he is a terrible, terrible dwarf.

The only good thing to come of this summer was my bedroom being half way finished, and the human caravan arriving.

I will continue to let you know of my progress.

-Overseer Iamgoofball

PS. If you have any ideas on further punishment for stupid pac0_br, please let me know.

Please give me punishment ideas for the shamed rude-word-utterer.
A scribble Filled Journal, Time Traveller Ursula Major III Wrote:To any who might find this...

I come from the year 107

I travelled back in time, to rectify a great wrong before it could be accomplished.

I journeyed far and wide, with the help of my friend Earl.

We found the Stupid Word Utterer.

[Image: XAdIhFh.png]

The Stupid Word Utterer must die.

[Image: 2JWTL0J.png]

[Image: RLkX5u6.png?1]

It is done.

What? Iamgoofball, Saintish, what are you doing?!

Earl, No!

[Image: EbXjDrj.png]

NO, EARL!!!

[Image: 1Vizulv.png]

MY ARM!

[Image: k2fmuu.jpg]

MY OTHER ARM!!

No....

[Image: l9UXsc9.png?1]
Alright guys, here's the save, It's on the 11th of granite due to me needing to emergency fix a few things because fuckin ghosts god damn

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9thJD ... sp=sharing

there's also a potential tantrum spiral going on, keep an eye out for that

anyways, here's the post:
11th of Granite, 8, Overseer Iamgoofball Wrote:Dear General Rovodkatak,
This is my final letter to you, as I am stepping down and handing reigns to Broodlines.

We finished work on my totally radical throne room that will be mine forever and ever.
[Image: CW2ZeIW.png?1]

We finished building some Defense Towers.
[Image: e3mNQWA.png?1]

And then something bad happened.
[img]i.imgur.com/rT5qKPr.png?1[/img]
He was so sad about being punished he stopped drinking booze.
That made everyone else sad.
Which made them tantrum.
Which made everyone else tantrum.

And now everything is going to shit.

Which is why I'm resiging. Hopefully my sucessor can handle this job better then I did.

Thanks for the ridiculously high wages, though. I made piles of money doing this job. I got my own throne room even!

-Overseer Iamgoofball

Goodluck, broodlines.
hello some stuff came up and i cant do my turn sorry, go ahead and pass it on sorry again
I would like a dwarf to be named after me.

Got to watch the fort burn.
Same as Conor.
Yeah, I'd also like a dwarf. (if I already didn't get one)
I also want to be part of the Dork fortress population.
Broodlines Wrote:hello some stuff came up and i cant do my turn sorry, go ahead and pass it on sorry again
Next in line is fishdance. Is he around?