Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distributing/Selling Explosives?
gunquinn Wrote:Last time I tried to intervene as sec when dumb non-traitors were selling bombs and guns I was mobbed and stripped.
Saying "Sec can handle it, it's no big deal" is the stupidest excuse to make bombs just to sell them.
Don't do it, it's a shitty waste of everyones time if every round lasts 20 minutes due to some nerd who has nothing better to do.
When in doubt, save them them for the end of the round, like the chemists have the decency to do.
That's the thing with SS13 though. Even if you are sec or the captain themselves if everyone else wants to do something you better fucking let them otherwise you get wrecked. Don't try to tell people what to do in a game where you can do anything. The people in charge of EVE figured that out pretty sure the admins know this too. As long as it's not being over done every round they don't care. GMD even said so.
gunquinn Wrote:Last time I tried to intervene as sec when dumb non-traitors were selling bombs and guns I was mobbed and stripped.
Saying "Sec can handle it, it's no big deal" is the stupidest excuse to make bombs just to sell them.

Uh, you should have adminhelped the mobbing. Shitty gimmicks that can cause trouble are great to make rounds more eventful; but they are done at your own risk and people shouldn't beat up a cop trying to arrest a shitler.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Don't do it, it's a shitty waste of everyones time if every round lasts 20 minutes due to some nerd who has nothing better to do.
When in doubt, save them them for the end of the round, like the chemists have the decency to do.
That's the thing with SS13 though. Even if you are sec or the captain themselves if everyone else wants to do something you better fucking let them otherwise you get wrecked. Don't try to tell people what to do in a game where you can do anything. The people in charge of EVE figured that out pretty sure the admins know this too. As long as it's not being over done every round they don't care. GMD even said so.

"if as sec you try and stop someone from selling highly destructive and often round ending weapons then you deserve to be mobbed and beat up" um yeah ok
KikiMofo Wrote:
\

This is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it?
Don't try tell people what do to in a game where you can do anything? What if that "anything" I want to do is to tell people what to do? roll eyes (sarcastic)

If I'm a head/security and I see someone selling bombs haphazardly, you bet your bottom dollar that i'll tell them not to do it. Otherwise I'll get wrecked? Otherwise they'll get wrecked. See where I'm going with this?
I chucked a guy off the escape shuttle because he sold bombs to someone who blew up pretty much half the station? Do I feel bad about it? Absolutely not.

Clarks Wrote:

Uh, you should have adminhelped the mobbing. Shitty gimmicks that can cause trouble are great to make rounds more eventful; but they are done at your own risk and people shouldn't beat up a cop trying to arrest a shitler.

Pretty much this. Who the hell mobbed you for trying to shut down a bomb market? Was it the guy selling the bombs perhaps?
LinkDaWolf Wrote:"if as sec you try and stop someone from selling highly destructive and often round ending weapons then you deserve to be mobbed and beat up" um yeah ok
It's your choice if you want to try to stop an angry mob from doing what they want. Just don't whine about it after wards when you get your ass kicked.

Sundance Wrote:This is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it?
Don't try tell people what do to in a game where you can do anything? What if that "anything" I want to do is to tell people what to do? roll eyes (sarcastic)

If I'm a head/security and I see someone selling bombs haphazardly, you bet your bottom dollar that i'll tell them not to do it. Otherwise I'll get wrecked? Otherwise they'll get wrecked. See where I'm going with this?
I chucked a guy off the escape shuttle because he sold bombs to someone who blew up pretty much half the station? Do I feel bad about it? Absolutely not.
Again it's your own choice if you want to stop it same as it's the seller's own choice to try and sell bombs. Also to what you said is in this game of being able to do anything you want to tell people what to do? Well I guess you should be an admin then.
Also yeah if you want to space someone for selling bombs that is your choice as well just don't whine if you get banned for doing so. I'm not here telling you guys what to do. I'm saying you have the choice to do what you want and in SS13 where you can make anything and do almost anything that is what it's about. Why tell someone they can't sell something when the arc smelter and chemistry can make things 10x worse than a couple tank transfers.
kikimofo Wrote:It's your choice if you want to try to stop an angry mob from doing what they want. Just don't whine about it after wards when you get your ass kicked.

Also yeah if you want to space someone for selling bombs that is your choice as well just don't whine if you get banned for doing so. I'm not here telling you guys what to do. I'm saying you have the choice to do what you want and in SS13 where you can make anything and do almost anything that is what it's about. Why tell someone they can't sell something when the arc smelter and chemistry can make things 10x worse than a couple tank transfers.

That is a shitty additude and causes things like mass station bombings every round which in turn ruins the game for everyone except the dude who just bombed the station.
If a traitor wants to do a bombing the should make the bomb or order some pipebombs instead of relying on some idiot to sell them 5 11x11s.
I agree with your stance somewhat kiki, but you're not really expressing it very... tastefully. Or logically for that matter.
Quote:Again it's your own choice if you want to stop it same as it's the seller's own choice to try and sell bombs. Also to what you said is in this game of being able to do anything you want to tell people what to do? Well I guess you should be an admin then.
shrug
Quote:Also yeah if you want to space someone for selling bombs that is your choice as well just don't whine if you get banned for doing so.
Who said anything about spacing?
Quote:Why tell someone they can't sell something when the arc smelter and chemistry can make things 10x worse than a couple tank transfers.
I'd gladfully arrest someone who's being selling erebrite clothing, or selling chem poisons/explosives haphazardly

The thing here is that's you're painting this very black and white. It's not about "No you can't sell that". It's more about how you're selling it. Hence I used the word haphazardly in italics my last two posts.
When did this come to not black and white? This was all about can you sell bombs. The answer is yes. Also you were the one that said, "I chucked a guy off the escape shuttle because he sold bombs to someone who blew up pretty much half the station? Do I feel bad about it? Absolutely not." I assumed you meant out the airlock.

herpmcderp Wrote:That is a shitty additude and causes things like mass station bombings every round which in turn ruins the game for everyone except the dude who just bombed the station.
If a traitor wants to do a bombing the should make the bomb or order some pipebombs instead of relying on some idiot to sell them 5 11x11s.

Shitty additude? It's the spirit of SS13 and who said anything about people relying on someone selling them a bomb? It's not like I'm saying, GO OUT AND SELL BOMBS EVERY ROUND in fact I think I said I agree with GMD that if that starts happening that it should be cracked down on but since it hasn't been happening it hasn't been cracked down on.

I'm sorry if the way I am saying this stuff is distasteful but I'm not very smart and this is how I think.
Honestly, it's pretty rare to even see someone selling high-quality explosives. If someone is able to build, openly sell, and distribute explosives without Sec actually stopping them then by all means they might as well. Rather than just banning the border-line traitorous activities, we should have Sec deal with them. I find Sec to be really boring currently because there's nothing going on. I'll patrol around for 45 minutes with nothing happening. If I'm lucky there will be someone trying to rampage on the Shuttle, but that doesn't really make up for all the boring at the early-mid round. Someone selling bombs would give me something to do, at least. I can understand it getting annoying if it happens every round, but it doesn't. I doubt it'll grow in popularity if it's shown leniency either because producing bombs isn't very widely known knowledge. I'd reckon that most people on the Station don't know how to do it.
Sundance Wrote:Pretty much this. Who the hell mobbed you for trying to shut down a bomb market? Was it the guy selling the bombs perhaps?
The people buying the bombs, I'd guess. Which is the trouble with stopping people from selling illegal stuff - in addition to the guy building the illegal things, you've got to deal with the people who are lined up to buy the things, so you're just about guaranteed to be outnumbered unless you have really good timing. It's even worse trying to stop gun sales.

KikiMofo Wrote:Also yeah if you want to space someone for selling bombs that is your choice as well just don't whine if you get banned for doing so. I'm not here telling you guys what to do. I'm saying you have the choice to do what you want and in SS13 where you can make anything and do almost anything that is what it's about. Why tell someone they can't sell something when the arc smelter and chemistry can make things 10x worse than a couple tank transfers.
Even the worst black powder bombs don't do as much damage as TTBs, and I'm just about positive the arc smelter stuff is going to be nerfed somehow because erebite is causing way too much destruction lately.
Paineframe Wrote:Even the worst black powder bombs don't do as much damage as TTBs, and I'm just about positive the arc smelter stuff is going to be nerfed somehow because erebite is causing way too much destruction lately.
[Image: 4rvr0DV.png]

You sure about that?
I've seen worse from TTBs in the last couple of months, since they started tweaking the explosion code in ways that allowed TTBs to get much, much bigger than 11x11.
Paineframe Wrote:I've seen worse from TTBs in the last couple of months, since they started tweaking the explosion code in ways that allowed TTBs to get much, much bigger than 11x11.
Well yeah when the explosion code was tweaked it got into huge range. Now TTBs can't do what black powder does unless you make a bunch of them and spread them around.
Tank transfer valves were nerfed recently, yes, but not as much as you're thinking. My valves used to achieve horrendous explosions that deleted floors in a circle of 19x19, but now it's more like 9x9; but make no mistake, the effective range of the valves is still the same, as I'd learned from someone setting a bomb off outside of Chemistry. It looks more like they made the "delete stuff here" distance match with the "gib people here" distance, while anyone out of gib range will still take a huge hit and have their limbs blown off.

For the record: first the max bomb range was hard-coded to be 11x11, then the new explosion coding kicked in and transfer valves could hit 19x19, then explosions were nerfed so they didn't just completely remove entire screens worth of station (but are still quite powerful)
SL the Pyro Wrote:Tank transfer valves were nerfed recently, yes, but not as much as you're thinking. My valves used to achieve horrendous explosions that deleted floors in a circle of 19x19, but now it's more like 9x9; but make no mistake, the effective range of the valves is still the same, as I'd learned from someone setting a bomb off outside of Chemistry (not the black powder monstrousity pictured above, this was yesterday night, courtesy of a changeling and the bomb was technically mine). It looks more like they made the "delete stuff here" distance match with the "gib people here" distance, while anyone out of gib range will still take a huge hit and have their limbs blown off.

For the record: first the max bomb range was hard-coded to be 11x11, then the new explosion coding kicked in and transfer valves could hit 19x19, then explosions were nerfed so they didn't just completely remove entire screens worth of station (but are still quite powerful)