Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distributing/Selling Explosives?
What are the rules on distributing/selling vast quantities of pipebombs/transfer valve/explosive tomatoes throughout the station as a non-antag?
Don't do that kind of thing;
No one cares as long as it's not every round.
I'm just asking because it's not exactly the same as the mechanic/QM mass manufacturing lasers or e-guns. Explosions can cause serious amounts of damage to the station and sever limbs.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2733#p29749

Quote:Just popping in to chime that we don't allow sales of bombs or usage of them unless:

A. It's off the station.

B. You're a traitor, in which case go nuts.

For every sensible person we have ten idiots who can and will use bombs with little to no warning or provocation so please be responsible!

don't listen to kiki
Also alittle further in that topic.

GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Basically it's just a thing that really doesn't need to be run into the ground. The same is true for anything like making eguns round after round to sell them or ordering guns from the QM round after round and having the station turn into the wild west. Bombs are pretty annoying by virtue of being bombs, and if there are people who keep selling them round after round and shit keeps exploding and people keep complaining then we're going to have to step in and do something about it; and we don't want to do that because we want to keep everything open to everyone. I understand this sounds VERY fucking hypocritical but years ago chemistry used to have alot more shit, but then people kept being pretty dumb idiots with running infinifoam and merculite into the ground and despite nerfs, warnings, and all sorts of other shit they finally had to wind up removing things because people JUST WOULD NOT STOP.

We really can't stop you from selling bombs but it's highly discouraged because of the significant amount of unfun chaos it can bring into the round.

Please don't just pick what you like and post it. Like I said no one cares but just don't let it happen over and over.
In the case of lasers, the damage is far more localized and manageable. Lasers don't gib people. Lasers don't cause structural damage to the station. It's still shitty to do that as a non-traitor unless there's a dire, dire need for it (at least without tacking on some bulky gimmick to make it harder to get a gun at the drop of a hat), but it's not necessarily illegal.

Selling bombs always, ALWAYS results in explosions. ALWAYS. Either at the source of the sales point or all over the station, if those bombs leave Toxins they're blowing the fuck up. People WILL be hurt/killed, holes WILL be blown into the station, and it's just a huge fucking mess.

So no. Don't sell/distribute fucking explosives on the station.
God, stop being fun hating nazis. Bombs don't get sold every round, tank transfer bombs don't happen every round.

If you see somebody selling a bomb, go vigilante on him. Emergencies are fun, chasing dumbasses doing borderline bad things is fun. Use them as a good excuse to blow off some steam in game instead of writing a fun hating manifesto every time somebody even so asks if something "bad" can be done.
Clarks Wrote:God, stop being fun hating nazis. Bombs don't get sold every round, tank transfer bombs don't happen every round.

If you see somebody selling a bomb, go vigilante on him. Emergencies are fun, chasing dumbasses doing borderline bad things is fun. Use them as a good excuse to blow off some steam in game instead of writing a fun hating manifesto every time somebody even so asks if something "bad" can be done.

Oh yeah, sometimes it's pipe bombs, or artifact bombs, or mining charges, or chemical explosives, or PDA bombs, or RPGs, or microbombs, or escape pods.
Crumplehat Wrote:
Clarks Wrote:God, stop being fun hating nazis. Bombs don't get sold every round, tank transfer bombs don't happen every round.

Oh yeah, sometimes it's pipe bombs, or artifact bombs, or mining charges, or chemical explosives, or PDA bombs, or RPGs, or microbombs, or escape pods.
So what you want to take those out of the game cause they are annoying? You know what I find annoying? Other people. Lets just remove everyone from the game. Maybe then you can just sit at your work place on the station and do your job for 5 hours. No chance of exploding there huh? Lots of fun huh?

Don't remove what makes SS13 a fun game; Unpredictability. I think people have forgotten what fun is and are just playing SS13 to play something cause they have nothing else to do so then they just make up things about what you can and can't do even if it's not in the rules. Who gives a fuck if a bomb blows up something? Either fix it or don't go there. If it's too much damage call shuttle and see what happens next round. It's not like people are forced to stay on the station.
KikiMofo Wrote:So what you want to take those out of the game cause they are annoying? You know what I find annoying? Other people. Lets just remove everyone from the game. Maybe then you can just sit at your work place on the station and do your job for 5 hours. No chance of exploding there huh? Lots of fun huh?

Don't remove what makes SS13 a fun game; Unpredictability. I think people have forgotten what fun is and are just playing SS13 to play something cause they have nothing else to do so then they just make up things about what you can and can't do even if it's not in the rules. Who gives a fuck if a bomb blows up something? Either fix it or don't go there. If it's too much damage call shuttle and see what happens next round. It's not like people are forced to stay on the station.
remove kiki imo
YJHGHTFH Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:So what you want to take those out of the game cause they are annoying? You know what I find annoying? Other people. Lets just remove everyone from the game. Maybe then you can just sit at your work place on the station and do your job for 5 hours. No chance of exploding there huh? Lots of fun huh?

remove kiki imo
+1
Hortford Wrote:
YJHGHTFH Wrote:

remove kiki imo
+1

if you use the secret decoder ring on kiki's messages you can decipher the hidden code: "i want to be able to kill people and blow shit up without having to roll traitor"
I'll start distributing my bomb then

just kidding
KikiMofo Wrote:grrrrrrrrr

I just want people to come up with other ways to be evil apart from blowing shit up.