Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A don't revive button
Wire Wrote:Something that I do like the idea of is Wills though. Writing a humorous will and having it appear in some manner on-death would be neat. If we can tie in a DNR option to the will that automatically prevents cloning/borging then all the better.

Any ideas how the Will could be displayed on-death? Medical records is all fine and dandy but no one looks at the fecking things and I'd rather this be more prominent.
Perhaps a little popup or something while examining their corpse? No will left behind/degraded will if you cant identify the corpse or it is rotting away.
Allow headsets to have an ID scanned to them, and add an option for them to play the associated ID's owner's will like a tape recorder.
Fragmaster Lee Wrote:Allow headsets to have an ID scanned to them, and add an option for them to play the associated ID's owner's will like a tape recorder.

Nooooo, no. That sounds needlessly complicated (it's probably not that complicated but it is needlessly so) and besides, I trade up my commset all the time, as does anyone else with sense.
Have your will in apper form start out in your backpack/ a pocket and have your ID play your will on death.
Crumplehat Wrote:and besides, I trade up my commset all the time, as does anyone else with sense.
Then un-ID your starting headset with a couple of clicks and scan your ID to the new one.
What about on a PDA? Your PDA could link to your death and auto-print your will if enabled. Might be odd for some metagamey stuff I guess

Maybe you pop out an implant that can be cracked open like a fortune coolie for a tiny paper will?
Captain_Bravo Wrote:How about an emote you can do, even as a borg, that causes your brain to explode? Basically, an equivalent to succumb that splatters gibs around, and destroys your brain so you can't be cloned anymore. Then give traitors an item which can do the same thing. get in not go out

Oh, and dwarf, you can just feed bodies back into the enzymatic reclaimer.

I like this idea a lot
Set your will in your prefs, then as you die, you scrawl it on the floor in your own blood

"This is a message written in blood. It reads: "im dead. bury me with all my stuff. even the house. especially the house.""