Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A don't revive button
There are some times when you commit suicide just to sit back and watch the round play out, and you aren't really interested in being revived. I would greatly appreciate a button in one of the tabs, perhaps the special verbs tab, that would no longer allow someone to clone you. It could give the same message that the cloner gives whenever it attempts to clone someone who has closed the SS13 window. Doesn't seem like it would be TOO hard to code at all.
just succumb out of it or just GHOST out of it
You can succumb out of being cloned but you can't avoid being borged. You can suicide, but they could just pull the brain out and try again.
babayetu83 Wrote:just succumb out of it or just GHOST out of it

But doesn't that waste bio matter?
How about an emote you can do, even as a borg, that causes your brain to explode? Basically, an equivalent to succumb that splatters gibs around, and destroys your brain so you can't be cloned anymore. Then give traitors an item which can do the same thing. get in not go out

Oh, and dwarf, you can just feed bodies back into the enzymatic reclaimer.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Oh, and dwarf, you can just feed bodies back into the enzymatic reclaimer.
Wouldn't that still lose some biomatter, especially if they don't finish and gib? Newly minted borgs suiciding and wasting metal is pretty lame too.
Kovirii Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Oh, and dwarf, you can just feed bodies back into the enzymatic reclaimer.
Wouldn't that still lose some biomatter, especially if they don't finish and gib? Newly minted borgs suiciding and wasting metal is pretty lame too.
Also a direct violation of law 3
Here's a dumb probably RP idea, why not include a will option to the medical records. Somebody could set up a dumb will in their save file, and then a medical scanner would reveal it on death.

If they wanted to die during the round, they could just ask a doctor/chaplain to update their will maybe.
atomic1fire Wrote:Here's a dumb probably RP idea, why not include a will option to the medical records. Somebody could set up a dumb will in their save file, and then a medical scanner would reveal it on death.

If they wanted to die during the round, they could just ask a doctor/chaplain to update their will maybe.

I was just about to suggest a medical records thing!

So yeah I agree with this nerd ^
Morphing_Dwarf Wrote:
babayetu83 Wrote:just succumb out of it or just GHOST out of it

But doesn't that waste bio matter?

Actually, if you suicide while being cloned, you automatically climb into the matter reclaimer next to the pod. So no, it doesn't waste biomatter. Not as much, anyway.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Kovirii Wrote:
Also a direct violation of law 3

forcing a guy who's already dead to start playing the game according to new rules when he doesn't even want to is a bit different than volunteering for borg duty. fuck law 3. that said -apologies for continuing to derail this with borg talk- could borg suicide not just delete the brain, unlock the borg's panels, and open the brain casing like it had been screwdrivered?
borgs can suicide if they want

law 3 dont apply to that b/c that would be stupid
If you don't want to be revived, just die in a way that gets rid of your body. Lie down and take a nap on the disposals belt, climb into the enzymatic reclaimer, or just jump out an airlock.
Sailor Dave Wrote:Actually, if you suicide while being cloned, you automatically climb into the matter reclaimer next to the pod. So no, it doesn't waste biomatter. Not as much, anyway.

I've seen that happen a couple times, but what usually happens (or is supposed to, at least) is that you get ejected as an incomplete clone. It's supposed to be a way out of those shitty situations where the pod runs out of biomatter and no one comes around to help, I assume.

Paineframe Wrote:If you don't want to be revived, just die in a way that gets rid of your body. Lie down and take a nap on the disposals belt, climb into the enzymatic reclaimer, or just jump out an airlock.

This is what I do if I really, really just wanna observe. I've suicided lazily in order to observe, and then been cloned or borged, and went on to have a good time anyway, though. Nothin' quite like managing to murder someone as a subverted brobot.
Something that I do like the idea of is Wills though. Writing a humorous will and having it appear in some manner on-death would be neat. If we can tie in a DNR option to the will that automatically prevents cloning/borging then all the better.

Any ideas how the Will could be displayed on-death? Medical records is all fine and dandy but no one looks at the fecking things and I'd rather this be more prominent.