Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chef's New Friend or Foe?
YJHGHTFH Wrote:
please no
here's your emagged toastbot
Zadeon Wrote:That's probably the best solution for how it should work when emagged.

Also one line it could say is: "You know what they say, all toasters toast toast."

Yes. This is a good idea.
TheTrixRabitt Wrote:Before I start making a new sprite for him I have a question, that I want you guys to answer here:
http://strawpoll.me/1613136
The ??? is gonna be whatever I want to make, probably McRib smeared on the toast.

Constructive criticism: The sprite is lazy.
You said yourself, it's just a recolored floor-bot. The animation however, is nice.
Instead, it would be wonderful if you did it like the Talkie Toaster from Red Dwarfe, which is previously discussed. I am saddened that there's no red dwarfe references in game and this would be fantastic, as it's a running gag (Give a sentient robot who's sole purpose is to make toast a voice, then why else would it not talk about toast?)
Hell, the talkie toaster from red dwarfe has some wonderful quotes:
"I have a question that will question, that will tax your IQ to its very limits, and stretch the sinews of your knowledge to bursting point.
Would you like.. a toast?"

Here's a sprite of a toast-bot based off the talkie toaster, add your animation and you've got a winning formula.
[Image: MOL8fRM.png]
Regarding the laziness in my sprite: This is pretty much my real first time leaving my comfort zone of making clothing based off of various TV or video game references, but that still isn't a good enough reason to just add a some paint to a already added item and post it.
The Red Dwarfe Toaster: I really dig that sprite you made, so sure, I'll add my dumb little toast animation. This probably means I will have to ditch the pun making lil' guy, for something that seems more fitting for the game. I'll try to get started on that when I get out of class later. Just one question that'll cost me any respect, if any I had from you guys, what is Red Dwarfe? From what I understand its a British, science fiction, comedy set in space on a space shuttle. Oddly enough this sound somewhat like Mystery Science Theater 3000, but without making fun of movies. I guess I'll give this show a try someday.
Basically: Red Dwarfe is a kind of cult comedy show based on a scrub Dave (read staff assistant) who's on The Red Dwarfe, a mining ship of sorts.
He brought his cat onto the ship, which is a violation, and was put into a cyro-like state as punishment. The problem is that during this moment the ship's nuclear core destroyed the entire crew, and the ships ai had no other option to put the scrub into cyro till the radation went till it was safe to do so. Problem is that it took 3 million years for that to happen, meaning that Dave was the last human being (as far as he knows it) alive in the universe.
It's brilliant.
When emagged can it launch toast at peoples faces? The toast hits you in the face and sticks! It burns!
How about we combine all the ideas? It's a pun-cracking, british, 3-million year old, toast-obsessed bot that when emagged toasts your hand, while shooting toast at your face, turning everything around it into sandwiches, and let's have it spawn some wendigo kings too, for good measure. v
[Image: qmEZZmB.gif]

Hope you like it!
Shit, do you want a burned toast animation also?
Replace Remy with this asshole. Cite health inspection reasons.

You can use the same mechanic with him that's used with the Overbee; you just stick bread into him and he regurgitates it as toast. Maybe have weird alternative details added when making elvis/spooky toasts.
Crumplehat Wrote:Replace Remy with this asshole. Cite health inspection reasons.

You can use the same mechanic with him that's used with the Overbee; you just stick bread into him and he regurgitates it as toast. Maybe have weird alternative details added when making elvis/spooky toasts.

Put Remy in the diner so we don't have to remove our favorite chef rat from the game.
Fuck, looks like ??? won, which is my choice, so I'm gonna make something I feel like.
This shit didn't come out as I wanted it to.
[Image: 8cRS2ed.gif]