Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some crazy idea people will laugh at
I can only see this work as a special event for April 1st. Other than that, it would be terrible. For one day out of every week the sever would be unplayable.
Then don't play on that day. I'm sure many other people would play.
KikiMofo Wrote:Then don't play on that day. I'm sure many other people would play.
great idea: make ss13 next to unplayable for one day a week
suggestion: one day every week, randomly gib people throughout the entire day

if you don't like it then don't play
I don't get you guys. It's just one day. One day you don't have to play. It's not like I see you guys playing EVERYDAY anyway. It's just one day for people who like the chaos of SS13 to get a whole day revolving around the one thing SS13 is good for, Chaos. I just think you guys have forgotten what SS13 is about by saying things like, "you wouldn't be able to do anything job-related because you're just going to get murdered," Is this what SS13 is now? A job simulator? No, If I wanted to do my job I would go to Baystation and have 3 hour rounds of pretend space janitor. Jobs aren't what SS13 is about. Jobs are there to give structure to the game so you would have a guideline of what to do. You can do anything in SS13 and I just want to see what would happen if people were given a chance to not have to worry about if they are griefing someone or not and let them do what they want.
KikiMofo Wrote:I don't get you guys. It's just one day. One day you don't have to play. It's not like I see you guys playing EVERYDAY anyway. It's just one day for people who like the chaos of SS13 to get a whole day revolving around the one thing SS13 is good for, Chaos. I just think you guys have forgotten what SS13 is about by saying things like, "you wouldn't be able to do anything job-related because you're just going to get murdered," Is this what SS13 is now? A job simulator? No, If I wanted to do my job I would go to Baystation and have 3 hour rounds of pretend space janitor. Jobs aren't what SS13 is about. Jobs are there to give structure to the game so you would have a guideline of what to do. You can do anything in SS13 and I just want to see what would happen if people were given a chance to not have to worry about if they are griefing someone or not and let them do what they want.
sounds more like you want to rampage tbh
If you've played with me before you know I don't rampage.
Actually if everyone rampages creatively I don't actually have a problem with this.

Don't be lazy and just bomb things, build elaborate grief traps that greyshirts only wish they understood.

sell snake oil to the crew in the form of the deadliest combination of chemicals that you can find. Portioned out so that it's so weird even the doctors won't understand the cause.

Determine how to annoy people's pda's in the most efficient way possible using mechanics. Discover if it's possible to hijack every message people send and replace it with the string "Butts". Including the alerts.

Give AI a law designed to send the crew on a scavenger hunt looking for a traitor that doesn't exist.

Be a creative jerk, not just a jerk.

If it's an excuse to bomb things it's going to be removed ninja quick.
How about instead of this lazy, uncreative grief day it's instead an admin event day? Admins can come in and do whatever they want. I mean WHAT THE FUCK EVER. At least then it's more creative than just me spawning as a scientist and bombing the entire station to bits in 3 minutes.
atomic1fire Wrote:Actually if everyone rampages creatively I don't actually have a problem with this.
[...]

Friends and jerks day. And I don't think everyone will just be a jerk.

Ali0en Wrote:How about instead of this lazy, uncreative grief day it's instead an admin event day? Admins can come in and do whatever they want. I mean WHAT THE FUCK EVER.

Player driven rounds are many times better than admin directed ones.
atomic1fire Wrote:Actually if everyone rampages creatively I don't actually have a problem with this.

Don't be lazy and just bomb things, build elaborate grief traps that greyshirts only wish they understood.

sell snake oil to the crew in the form of the deadliest combination of chemicals that you can find. Portioned out so that it's so weird even the doctors won't understand the cause.

Determine how to annoy people's pda's in the most efficient way possible using mechanics. Discover if it's possible to hijack every message people send and replace it with the string "Butts". Including the alerts.

Give AI a law designed to send the crew on a scavenger hunt looking for a traitor that doesn't exist.

it'll be hard to do anything clever if everyone else is just beating each other to death (which it will be)
atomic1fire Wrote:Don't be lazy and just bomb things, build elaborate grief traps that greyshirts only wish they understood.
and while you're designing the elaborate trap the captain comes and lasers you through the window
Quote:sell snake oil to the crew in the form of the deadliest combination of chemicals that you can find. Portioned out so that it's so weird even the doctors won't understand the cause.
i don't think many people are going to buy anything from a chemist on Grief Day
Quote:Determine how to annoy people's pda's in the most efficient way possible using mechanics. Discover if it's possible to hijack every message people send and replace it with the string "Butts". Including the alerts.
again, while you're designing it you'll be lasered
Quote:Give AI a law designed to send the crew on a scavenger hunt looking for a traitor that doesn't exist.

who's going to want to hunt for a traitor when everyone's a traitor

everything you said (except for the last one) is stuff that people already do regularly, so i don't see the need to have a whole day for it
Clarks Wrote:Player driven rounds are many times better than admin directed ones.
So you say. I remember a round maybe last year where Elder Muffin decided to sell the sun in solarium for a few million credits after backstabbing his telesci partner. With the suns brilliant radiance no longer shining, the ancient darkness returned. Space turned to nothing but darkness and the creatures of the dark hunted the crew. It didn't stop until the very end, where the man who sold the sun was destroyed by his own greed.
KikiMofo Wrote:I don't get you guys. It's just one day. One day you don't have to play. It's not like I see you guys playing EVERYDAY anyway. It's just one day for people who like the chaos of SS13 to get a whole day revolving around the one thing SS13 is good for, Chaos. I just think you guys have forgotten what SS13 is about by saying things like, "you wouldn't be able to do anything job-related because you're just going to get murdered," Is this what SS13 is now? A job simulator? No, If I wanted to do my job I would go to Baystation and have 3 hour rounds of pretend space janitor. Jobs aren't what SS13 is about. Jobs are there to give structure to the game so you would have a guideline of what to do. You can do anything in SS13 and I just want to see what would happen if people were given a chance to not have to worry about if they are griefing someone or not and let them do what they want.

Kiki I think you're missing the point, it's not a matter of not HAVING to play, it's a matter of WANTING to play and not being able to because of how awful it is. Like, what alternatives do we have? Baystation? LLA?'

One day a year. Tops.
Maybe one day out of every week/month, a mentor/HoS gets tempmin; without the banning privileges, of course, and perhaps a bit of code can be added (if needed) so that a tempmin can only use their powers when an admin is online or in IRC.

It's a way to get new and creative events without resorting to some kind of "Grief Day". Admins can already do events, this "Do WHATEVVVVER THEY WANT" would likely involve lots of explosives, not anything they couldn't just do normally.