Goonstation Forums
Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Some crazy idea people will laugh at (/showthread.php?tid=2455)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Some crazy idea people will laugh at - KikiMofo - 04-26-2014

Now I got an idea. Might be a really bad idea but hey, what's the point in a game where you can do anything pretty much like SS13 if you don't take risks sometimes. The idea is Grief Day.

Grief Day(Or whatever other name you guys wanna call it I don't really care): It's one day out of the week that the Don't Grief rule would be thrown out the window and anyone can be as much of an asshole as they want. Of course all the other rules still matter like the don't be creepy or bigoted rules. It would basicly be a day everyone would be traitors. Now I know this sounds crazy but it's only one day of the week and it might bring in people that normally don't play as much anymore for that day because it's almost guaranteed the servers will be insane on that day.

Just imagine it, everyone going insane and doing as they want, admins coming in and just being big shits, and no one getting in trouble because it's the one day of the week they can let out all the pent up steam from all the shit rounds they had that week(or think they had).

Now I know this will probably not happen but I would like to see this tested for a month if people like the idea. I think it would be really fun and maybe I dunno more people would play on the servers? Hell I dunno. I just want to have fun and I want everyone else to have fun. That's what this game is about.

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Crumplehat - 04-26-2014

Quote:One day out of the week

No no no, one day out of the YEAR. Month at least.

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Twoflower - 04-26-2014

better idea: implement Wacky Fridays

everyone wears hawaiian shirts

heisenbee is replaced by an inspirational cat hanging on a branch

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - YJHGHTFH - 04-26-2014

GuntherHermann Wrote:better idea: implement Wacky Fridays

replace wizard with magical girl

permanently

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Amuys - 04-27-2014

GuntherHermann Wrote:better idea: implement Wacky Fridays

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_shirt#Aloha_Friday

Better than casual fridays imho

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Clarks - 04-27-2014

Do what kiki said. Things might not even get out of hand as much as you think.

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - mozi - 04-27-2014

i thought this was basically what gang mode already was

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - KikiMofo - 04-27-2014

mozi Wrote:i thought this was basically what gang mode already was
I mean an entire day of just normal rounds in secret mode but the no griefing rule won't be enforced. I'm on Clarks side with him saying I don't think it will go as crazy as people think. I mean sure at first people are going to be going bonkers but then they will calm down. It's a nice way to let everyone blow off steam once a week.

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - VictorMAngoStein - 04-27-2014

how about an entire day of gang rounds instead

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Zadeon - 04-27-2014

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:how about an entire day of gang rounds instead
Would get boring too fast. How about a day where gang has a higher chance of happening? In par with other high chance game modes.

You guys are getting out of the subject. The point isn't a day where an increased chance of something happens, We already have that. I just want a set day where everyone can blow off steam no matter when they join that day. If it's only an increased chance no one knows when those rounds would happen. I want a set in stone day.

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Bologna Prime - 04-27-2014

I really think a whole day every week is too much. Monthly or yearly as mentioned before seems reasonable; however it could be weekly, but only on a certain server and take place on the same day of the week as clowns.

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Kovirii - 04-27-2014

The purge, also known as that recent round of madmins.

The metamode is now: kuso subarashī kawaī anime.

Bologna Prime Wrote:I really think a whole day every week is too much. Monthly or yearly as mentioned before seems reasonable; however it could be weekly, but only on a certain server and take place on the same day of the week as clowns.
If we are limiting it to a certain server you might as well just make #3 on grief mode at all times, Doesn't mean anyone will join it cause no one is ever on it. The reason I want this once a week and on all servers is to get as many people as possible to have a chance to be a part of it.

Re: Some crazy idea people will laugh at - Twoflower - 04-27-2014

here's how this would go

anyone who spawns with weapons would go absolutely apeshit with them at the first possible opportunity, so sec and the captain are immediately going to murder anyone in sight. the less fortunate are just going to grab fire extinguishers and beat everyone up

this might sound fun, but in reality it'd be really shit

you wouldn't be able to do anything job-related because you're just going to get murdered, so the entire day would just be combat, and combat is literally one of ss13's weakest areas

the station's going to lag to shit from all the bombs people are going to set off, and it's going to be impossible to traverse if you weren't lucky enough to shoot the hop and bust into eva

anyone who thinks "well maybe people will just get along and it won't be that bad" has never met a ss13 player

this might be ok as a once-a-month thing, or as one round once in a blue moon, but every week for an entire day? hell no