Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time of they year when we rant about security.
Marquesas Wrote:They wouldn't have to carry batteries, I mean if this was implemented, tasers fresh out of the lockers would not change, but officers would be given the option to exchange for a bigger battery, and have the option to carry spares. I mean if you, right now, wanted to carry spares you'd pocket another taser.

Perhaps remove the necessity of tools for power cell removal, so nothing extra would have to be carried to be able to effectively reload.

Maybe to remove the battery, just click it while it's in your hand? Nobody uses or should use the bloody burst stun anyway. Rechargers should still work the same for sure.

Another quick idea could be to unlock it first with your Security ID. Means you won't accidentally unload your ammo if you double click your gun like a dork, and if you rob a taser, you still have to get to a recharger to charge if you're not a cop.
burst stun should, instead of shooting all your shots in one direction, should cause you to pinwheel like a ninny and fire 1 shot in 4 directions. perfect for wading into a hostile crowd
mozi Wrote:burst stun should, instead of shooting all your shots in one direction, should cause you to pinwheel like a ninny and fire 1 shot in 4 directions. perfect for wading into a hostile crowd

sounds fun, man. So yeah I'd love it to work like this:
  • Tasers have 5 shots by default
  • Click to change to burst-stun and fire shots all around you in different direction
  • Recharge either the cell alone or the taser itself, in a cell charger or a Device Recharger respectively
  • Scan with your Security ID to unlock it and remove the battery with an empty hand, for on-the-go reloading!

Apart from that stuff, some other fun and exceptionally dumb things:
- Big batteries = longer burst spin. Get dizzy! Fall unconscious! Taser everyone!!
- Hack the ID lock with a screwdriver and a multitool!
- Emag your taser to remove the power limiter... slap in an artifact battery, turn people to ash and blow both your hands off!! #whoa #unlimitedpower
etc
mozi Wrote:burst stun should, instead of shooting all your shots in one direction, should cause you to pinwheel like a ninny and fire 1 shot in 4 directions. perfect for wading into a hostile crowd

I honestly think I'd use it more if it was like this.

Though I think it would be better if firing a burst taser shot scattered all the shots in could like you'd just fired off a shotgun shell and all the pellets are scattering everywhere.

Also why does every shotgun in this game fire slugs. Seems silly.
I adjusted the taser projectile to 15 power (from 20), 15 cost (from 25), and 2 decay (from 3).
Tasers now currently hold six shots, in exchange stun times are a bit shorter.
A bit off-topic, but the idea of being able to take out the battery of an advanced laser gun and install it into modded phaser to make a self-charging phaser sounds awesome.

Also, the way I see it, security should be able to easily dispatch any griefers or rabble-rousers easily, but still be able to have long drawn out fights or cat-and-mouse chases with traitors. Maybe keep tasers as a one/two shot stun, but give traitors a cheap traitor item that will absorb/deflect taser shots? Something that works kind of like the cloaking device, and has to be activated. Stun-resisting chems are awesome, but they don't stay in your system for very long, and the long-term effects of sipping Robust-Eez all round aren't very conducive to traitor-ing.
If it weren't for the fact that a lot of people(like me) are bad at aiming and leading shots in this game, I'd agree with you about reducing the number of shots a taser has. As it is, however, you generally do need all those shots to hit someone who's running around like a chimpanzee having a rather extreme seizure.

Off-setting the increased shots with reduced stun times means that sec will most likely have to wade in with their baton afterwards, or shoot the suspect repeatedly. Both options are more fun than running out of shots, or the old one-hit stun the tasers had before.
david2222121 Wrote:you generally do need all those shots to hit someone who's running around like a chimpanzee having a rather extreme seizure.

some folks call that "defense"

remember that security guards already have everyone else completely outgunned, they have guns and stunsticks. it's not like they're being overpowered so there isn't really any call to give the security force better guns.
david2222121 Wrote:If it weren't for the fact that a lot of people(like me) are bad at aiming and leading shots in this game, I'd agree with you about reducing the number of shots a taser has. As it is, however, you generally do need all those shots to hit someone who's running around like a chimpanzee having a rather extreme seizure
Maybe make the taser burst mode fire a 3-shot burst with a cone/spray effect? For crowd control and for people like me and david who can't aim for shit.
Give security chem access so they can arrest scientists for being scientists.
Amuys Wrote:Give security chem access so they can arrest scientists for being scientists.

Don't be silly. The best counter to science is magic.

But seriously, having some stimpacks and extra protective chems or something in the armory might not be a bad idea.
Wydamn Wrote:
Amuys Wrote:Give security chem access so they can arrest scientists for being scientists.

But seriously, having some stimpacks and extra protective chems or something in the armory might not be a bad idea.

Energy donuts?
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Wydamn Wrote:

Energy donuts?

Back before the medical chem overhaul, I used to create tricord and inject it into my donuts as sec.
Meth donuts
Noah Buttes Wrote:Meth donuts

- "Captain, what happened to all that meth from the last drug bust?"
- "Oh, we handed it over to the bakery."