Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make firesuits not be worthless
hatmadder Wrote:
mozi Wrote:i shouldve specified it was the heavy firesuit I was using in the test. I opened a can of plasma and threw in a welder. the fire had barely started but was enough to ignite me while wearing it, so, something codewise needs to be tweaked

Stupid question, but were you taking burn damage while on fire? Because I have noticed that even in a simple plasma fire you will be set ablaze while in the suit, but not take fire damage.

i was. and a few moments later my sprite went into the full body inferno burning mob sprite. the burn damage was slower than it would've been without the suit, I suppose
atomic1fire Wrote:why not add the firesuit (and perhaps the super firesuit) as manufacturable items.

Granted you still need to have the materials on hand to make super fire suits, but make it expensive enough that generally only the engineers will bother to make them.
Turn your plain old firesuit into a super firesuit by sprinkling asbestos on it! Watch it transform after you splash some special chemical mix on it!
That still doesn't do anything for the base problem of firesuits, namely, that they're useless for actually wading into any fire, much less an engine fire.
I think firesuits work just fine when it comes to dealing with minor plasma fires throughout the station. I don't think NT had them made to protect humans from temperatures up to 6 times the Sun's core though.
Amuys Wrote:I think firesuits work just fine when it comes to dealing with minor plasma fires throughout the station. I don't think NT had them made to protect humans from temperatures up to 6 times the Sun's core though.

Yeah this is kind of the problem inherent to making a motherfucking hellblaze to run the engine.
Amuys Wrote:I think firesuits work just fine when it comes to dealing with minor plasma fires throughout the station. I don't think NT had them made to protect humans from temperatures up to 6 times the Sun's core though.

The reverse to the statement is how is dam spacestation surving temp of 6 times the sun with only Regular metal....I vote having Fire suit oped a tiny bit
Firesuits have frankly been broken ever since fire became able to raise your body temperature.
Crumplehat Wrote:Yeah this is kind of the problem inherent to making a motherfucking hellblaze to run the engine.
What if the engine was off the station?

pizzatiger Wrote:The reverse to the statement is how is dam spacestation surving temp of 6 times the sun with only Regular metal....I vote having Fire suit oped a tiny bit
Maybe stuff should melt.
Kovirii Wrote:What if the engine was off the station?

Then it would A) Become a liability and B) make it hard for the damn thing to actually power anything.
Why is making super heated engines an acceptable thing to do for non-traitors? All it does at that high of heat is kill everyone around it and shock everyone to death not around it. Instead of changing how fire suits work how about making engineers stop being retarded?
Klayboxx Wrote:Why is making super heated engines an acceptable thing to do for non-traitors? All it does at that high of heat is kill everyone around it and shock everyone to death not around it. Instead of changing how fire suits work how about making engineers stop being retarded?

If every apc is shooting lightning why don't you feel free to go and beat up the engineers. Eye for an eye seems more fun than complaining.
Klayboxx Wrote:Why is making super heated engines an acceptable thing to do for non-traitors? All it does at that high of heat is kill everyone around it and shock everyone to death not around it. Instead of changing how fire suits work how about making engineers stop being retarded?

Lightning coming out of the APCs only happens when someone bypasses the SMEs and hooks it up directly to the grid. An action which I'm fairly sure will get a non-traitor banned.
hatmadder Wrote:Lightning coming out of the APCs only happens when someone bypasses the SMEs and hooks it up directly to the grid. An action which I'm fairly sure will get a non-traitor banned.
I wish we could hook the engine up to "atmospherics". unsmigghh
Kovirii Wrote:
hatmadder Wrote:Lightning coming out of the APCs only happens when someone bypasses the SMEs and hooks it up directly to the grid. An action which I'm fairly sure will get a non-traitor banned.
I wish we could hook the engine up to "atmospherics". unsmigghh

So do I kovirii. So do I.
I think giving the engineer uniforms some kind of fire protection might be a non-terrible idea. I mean when I'm an engineer I'm more likely to die on fire then not. Even if that fire protection isn't that great, it could still give an engineer some survival time.