Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make firesuits not be worthless
A special one of a kind suit for hellfire isn't a terrible idea.

[Image: 45151.jpg]
While I would love to carry out a good Fahrenheit Four-Fifty- One (sorry, I'm on a Nook Color and my numpad touch keys are acting up) gimmick, I think Mozi said that the issue with firesuits is a fundamental problem in the code - it can't be fixed just by increasing a few variables.
atomic1fire Wrote:I think giving the engineer uniforms some kind of fire protection might be a non-terrible idea. I mean when I'm an engineer I'm more likely to die on fire then not. Even if that fire protection isn't that great, it could still give an engineer some survival time.
A graphic representation of scientist deaths by damage type:

[Image: AczMZfB.png]

This is not a fake image. This was done based on a data available at the goonstation hub website
Asbestos could be an ore or reagent that you can apply to clothing. If you wear the clothing for too long you get cancer/progressive toxin damage.
We need a fire axe to go with the fire suit!
Bust open doors carrying a belt full of firefighting grenades.
Fight fires without instantly burning to death.
For those really raging infernos, why not add a stash of teporone/whatever?
hatmadder Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Why is making super heated engines an acceptable thing to do for non-traitors? All it does at that high of heat is kill everyone around it and shock everyone to death not around it. Instead of changing how fire suits work how about making engineers stop being retarded?

Lightning coming out of the APCs only happens when someone bypasses the SMEs and hooks it up directly to the grid. An action which I'm fairly sure will get a non-traitor banned.

Is what you say true about being banned for hotwiring the power from the engine straight to the station true? If so, I don't think I've been in a round where this hasn't been suggested by someone on the station, normally when the engine isn't producing enough that fast.
Frozenkuma Wrote:Is what you say true about being banned for hotwiring the power from the engine straight to the station true? If so, I don't think I've been in a round where this hasn't been suggested by someone on the station, normally when the engine isn't producing enough that fast.
Are you sure they were talking about the engine? The only reason to hotwire the engine, ever, is to make the APCs shoot lightning - it provides no other advantage, so there's no reason for a non-traitor to do it. It's a solely destructive action, so only traitors should be doing it.

Hotwiring the solar panels, on the other hand, is the best possible setup for them. It's impossible to cause any damage with it, since the solars never produce enough power to damage anything, so it's solely a good thing whose only downside is that it's kind of a pain in the ass to actually do.
Paineframe Wrote:
Frozenkuma Wrote:Is what you say true about being banned for hotwiring the power from the engine straight to the station true? If so, I don't think I've been in a round where this hasn't been suggested by someone on the station, normally when the engine isn't producing enough that fast.
Are you sure they were talking about the engine? The only reason to hotwire the engine, ever, is to make the APCs shoot lightning - it provides no other advantage, so there's no reason for a non-traitor to do it. It's a solely destructive action, so only traitors should be doing it.

Incorrect. Some of the low-effort/beginner engine setups, due to both their composition and because the engine likes to be fiddly at non-inferno levels of heat/pressure now that the pumps are gone, can output a constant but fluctuating 100-500 kw, which is sufficient to power the station, but due to dips, might not charge the SMES if they're set too high. Hotwiring that manner of engine into the grid won't dump enough juice to make APCs arc and explode and is faster/less effort than running around the station to hotwire all the solars..
Oh, and also hotwiring the engine into the grid at that level or a stronger level of power output can also serve to overload and blow up a power sink in short order, at which time power can start getting returned to normal.
moved & unstickied
This is really more of a suggestion, might be a good idea to make the firesuit prevent you from being set on fire and disappear after 5 minutes of being in fire or something?