Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vampire fixed, misc gripes itt
is the artbox even still in? i haven't been killed in one shot and then fed to an eldritch toolbox 3 seconds after joining in a while.

poor chaplain. i miss being able to play chaplain and stride through the halls screaming at people and making them fat with my holy power
Dauntasa Wrote:poor chaplain. i miss being able to play chaplain and stride through the halls screaming at people and making them fat with my holy power

Allahu snackbar, rip.

I heard the artbox was taken out, but I practically have no idea.
There's always a ton of annoying vigilante chaplains when the wizards are around. Maybe... if they get anything for vampires it should be some defensive ability rather than special weapons.
they've already got defense and it's BORING

vampires can't eat them and can't go in their chapel which means that they can either spend the entire round sitting in his vampire proof house until someone else kills it or they can go out and when the vampire runs into them instead of biting them he shoots them with a gun and then throws them into space
Oh, that's right, chaplain blood burns Vampires. You can still enthrall them, though. Ahah.
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not make those UV lights or whatever hurt vampires.

What if they pool were to get some tanning beds? Climb inside, darken your skin color. Emag it to do burn damage to people stuck inside them. Toss a vampire in one to burn it to ashes. Dismantle it to get the bulbs out and stick them in flashlights/light fixtures.
Clarks Wrote:Oh, that's right, chaplain blood burns Vampires. You can still enthrall them, though. Ahah.
I think drawing the chaplains blood and putting it in a beaker to splash on the vamp should work like holy water.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Clarks Wrote:Oh, that's right, chaplain blood burns Vampires. You can still enthrall them, though. Ahah.
I think drawing the chaplains blood and putting it in a beaker to splash on the vamp should work like holy water.

This. Please.

I want to see the gray tide beat the chaplain unconscious and steal all his blood leaving him a withering husk on the ground to fuel their holy blood flamethrowers.
Clarks Wrote:Urgh. Dauntasa's idea is worth a try. Except for vampires losing all their blood when exposed to space/light. Being unable to use their powers is a good enough handicap.
Also, no chaplain's special kit.
Drain blood slowly/at some rate when exposed to space or light.

I'm pretty sure artbox is gone.

KikiMofo Wrote:
The chaplain's blood isn't already mostly holy water?
I've done some playing with garlic and that's basically holywater.

There's no one that ever uses garlic though.
A few rounds went past there with vamps in it.

I wish I could screenshot ghost chat, and the complaints. Someone made the point that vampire is almost always on a mixed round so the antagonists that are not vampire are fucked so hard by the vampire that they might as well forfeit their round.
One perfect example of this is a traitor fucked a bomb at a vampire. Vamp used mist form to escape majority of the blast behind a wall. He then used rejuvenate+ to heal himself and get back up after the stun. He then went and immediately killed the traitor. Any other antagonist if they had a bomb fucked at them would at least be injured if not dead, but for the vampire it was little more than an inconvenience.

Another thing: Someone who (he admitted) just got the grasps of how to play goonstation and its map, rolled vampire. He killed a majority of the station. Someone who would get their ass absolutely robusted in any other gamemode because he was new, found vampire "easy". Can't you see the problem in that?

I'm glad this thread is stickied because otherwise it'd float on down to the bottom of the suggestion forum.
But i'm tired that the problem is being ignored over others, this is a game-mode that is
A) Broken and unbalanced with everything in the game
B) Constantly berated by EVERY player and admin alike.
C) Completely unfun to fight or slightly more than completely unfun to play.

We can talk about the fixes and general tweaks that will make vampire better.
Or we can REMOVE vampire, and then talk about the tweaks. The latter is easier and more logical.
I'd like to say that this isn't really a suggestion anymore. Suggestion is open to interpretation either-way. I'm speaking for everyone here, it's a necessity.
Sundance Wrote:Huge ass post

IMO we should just take vamp out of rotation, and then rebuild vamp from the ground up so that

A: we don't ruin Singh's work
B: it will be somewhat easier to modify because its built from the ground up
C: we can keep the old vampire and use it for admin gimmicks and the like.

Sound like a good plan?
Lavastage Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Huge ass post

IMO we should just take vamp out of rotation, and then rebuild vamp from the ground up so that

A: we don't ruin Singh's work
B: it will be somewhat easier to modify because its built from the ground up
C: we can keep the old vampire and use it for admin gimmicks and the like.

Sound like a good plan?

honestly, this sounds like the easiest way to do it. it never hurts to have a second sort of vampire code hanging about, you never know if youre gonna need to use something from it!

either way, vampire should really be removed from the lineup. too op and no fun is not a good combo!
I know this is a whole thread of posts like this, but again I'd like to just reiterate how fucking overpowered vampires are at the moment. They spawn instantly with their powers and if you've a braindead dude in your office, hey, 35 seconds and you're already even more powerful.

I got killed by a mist-forming vampire with two stun abilities, not to mention his bite also stuns as well, and it was only 19 minutes into a round. I had shot him point blank with a riot shotgun, but he could still use each and every one of his powers while this was going on, negating the point in even fighting at that point. If you can't get him into crit instantly, he will always win.

Can this get loafed out of circulation for just a little while? It sucks to fight one of these ever and if it's not being fixed soon why can't it be halted temporarily?
Also, with the above said, if we really cannot bear to have vampires removed, I've a few hopefully simple ideas to nerf it for the meantime.

1. Let any amount of light turn off his cloak. This is really vital; I recall a dead vampire being searched for in the brig for more than 8 minutes because his cloak was on and the lights were out.
Maybe like with handheld cloaks, it could actually disable it until it's reactivated? Or maybe it drains blood at a certain rate? I dunno but the above is all that's needed really.
2. Lower stun times! Holy christ as if he didn't have enough options with four ways to stun in both groups and with targeted individuals, his stuns last like three days or something idk. It sucks, especially in a game climate where we're trying to reduce fall-over stuns at the moment!
I guess his stuns could be changed to create dizziness first, like stun bolts, too, but that might be a bit far.

That's all I really have issue with, but that's what is the most jarringly blatant; he's invisble and can stun four different ways and his powers can't be removed like a weapon could or a changeling might lose them and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Do flashbangs harm vampires at all, I mean it's essentially a loud noise and bright light. Why not have them cause burn damage and/or set the vampire on fire.

Also on that note regular flashes should act like super flashes on vampires perhaps.