Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to ruin an antagonists round: the basics
Killing a vampire or changeling on sight is not bad IMO, they are extremely dangerous and can take you out quickly.
Why risk seeing if this changeling is alright when 9\10 changelings are hostile?
PS I think changelings should be hostile more.
The average changeling can't afford to be hostile unless it's good with Horror Form (i've never gotten the hang of it because I've never made a point of using it). Non-horror changelings have to rely on stealth.
I don't think it's too bad to call someone out early. I mean, there have been times where I was TRYING to get caught and lure the crew out, and people with kind intentions roleplayed not being sure about who the traitor was.
antagonists who can be bothered to use the least bit of planning or stealth or misdirection deserve to be caught and if they whine about sec being fun haters they deserve to be spaced too imho
My personal rules regarding catching traitors early on (as AI, because I rarely play Security) is this:

If they're not in the process of or obviously planning to mass-murder, I leave them alone. Might tell them to be more careful about things if I'm feeling particularly generous. Generally though if a traitor isn't being destructive I prefer to let them do their thing and spice things up.

If they're murdering people, particularly if they're doing shit like gibbing them, I get on their ass and stay there until they're taken care of.

If they're using a traitor item that makes it near-impossible for the crew to deal with them, such as a cloaker, I will alert the crew early on but not hound them too bad until I notice them actually starting to rampage or something along those lines. A lot of the time cloakers will just mess around instead of actually going on a killing rampage.

Basically, the more a traitor is robbing people of their opportunity to play and enjoy the game, the more OK I am with helping the same happen to them.

I get accused of being a supercop shit AI a lot.
I walk into a room with traitor gear on, NOTHING lethal, clearly stating I wont harm anyone.
Murdered, debrained, body and brain spaced in different directions.
The problem is that half the time they will try to kill you, and that's not a risk you always feel like taking. What happened to you certainly seems a bit harsh, but non-security can't do much else aside from run, which nobody, especially on these servers, wants to do. It only takes one paranoid player to start the killing choo choo train, at which point most people stirred to be ivolved will probably help space a confirmed traitor as opposed to try to help one and become a big target themselves.

It may not be ideal, but it isn't incomprehensible and inexcusable.
OurKabalEmerges Wrote:I walk into a room with traitor gear on, NOTHING lethal, clearly stating I wont harm anyone.
Murdered, debrained, body and brain spaced in different directions.

Probably shouldn't have identified yourself as a traitor to nanotrasen with a bunch of juicy exotic gear on you in front of a crowd of people looking for something to take their misery out on.