Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perhaps: EMP's and stuff
Cogwerks Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Would it be possible to make EMP bombs act like electronic-only bombs? Like, if you set a low-level EMP off, it would act like it emagged everything in a small area. If you set a big one off, anything close by that's electronic, like computers, borgs, and buddies, would just get blown to smithereens.

So instead of damaging things, EMPs would only have two settings: Fun and Fuck You. Depending on the size and location of the explosion, those would vary.

This.

Actually, this would give a pretty good reason to bring back the singularity bomb sprite. I miss that hulking monstrosity. Why not have it do this instead?

It was a cool sprite, and that sounds fun. I'll look into it next week.

yusss. Could I make a suggestion? EMP's require a shit-ton of power, so could it work like a power-sink and be rigged up to the mains for it to activate.
The speed of which it activates depends on what type of battery (daps to Captain_bravo for the cerenkite/battery idea)

Normal battery: Very slow activation
Improved battery: (the ones that start in robotics?) Slow activation
Erebrite: Moderation speed activation
Cerenkite: Fast speed activation
Artifact battery: Near instant.

The strength of the emp depends on the power coming from the engine.

Or it could be the other-way around: The speed of activation depends on the power coming from the engine, and the strength of the EMP depends on the battery.

Does that sound like a good idea? Basically it allows for people with better material whether it be manufactured or salvaged to make a better emp.