Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
I second Gannets, if it's ready by your birthday release it then. If not, take what time you have to. I am excite.
Oh, it can be ready by then. It's just down to some tedious wrap-up stuff now, so I need to set a deadline or I'll keep procrastinating.
Cogwerks Wrote:Oh, it can be ready by then. It's just down to some tedious wrap-up stuff now, so I need to set a deadline or I'll keep procrastinating.

I wait with bated breath. You have done good work cogwerks. I cant wait to absolutely destroy your map on a regular basis via explosives, horrible disease, and various other methods of destruction.
[Image: c2c74a7cc2.gif]
[Image: ab23de37ae.gif]

[Image: 425224a575.gif][Image: 65d16d0ba1.gif]

Attempt #2 at a batch of doors. This time I'm thickening them and using both the old style and Supernorn's style.

(yes I'm aware of the one-pixel-off issue on the vertical norn-door, that's since been fixed)
I like the doors! They look pretty good!
SL the Pyro Wrote:Door Stuff

Wow! These looks absolutely amazing compared to the old doors. Those just looked like they were floating.
Can't wait to see these on the map when it releases.
SL those new doors are fucking grand. Very good work.
Yes, those doors look a lot better.
That'd also make for a pretty rad crusher.
SL the Pyro Wrote:[Image: c2c74a7cc2.gif]

As someone who likes making .gifs and sprites, this is very satisfying. Good work with the resprites. I particularly like how the locking mechanism is prevalent upon opening and hidden when closed.
SL the Pyro Wrote:[Image: c2c74a7cc2.gif]

Attempt #2 at a batch of doors. This time I'm thickening them and using both the old style and Supernorn's style.

(yes I'm aware of the one-pixel-off issue on the vertical norn-door, that's since been fixed)

These are so pretty, and the old door ones still feel like SS13 doors. I approve.
Excellent.
It took some doing, but I managed to make glass doors that preserved Supernorn's idea of sliding into the floor.

[Image: cff0a2add8.gif] [Image: a4c780a20c.gif]

I'm aware that the vertical door looks funky when connecting with the wall/glass above it; that's how the wall/glass works rather than the door, so sadly there's nothing I can do about that. Same with the weird mutant floors on the horizontal door. I considered making it the way I did before and just holding the door still as it darkened, but those really didn't look like they were sinking.

Second opinions are welcome here. Is there anything you'd change if you were making it? (other than the door being lifeless gray obviously, I haven't started painting them yet)
All I can think of is what will happen if that thing closes while someone has one leg over it.
[Image: cff0a2add8.gif]

My only complaint would be how the door when up is literally 1 pixel off at the top meeting the glass windows or walls. It's kind of jarring, kind of like the door isn't fully closed or something

This problem doesn't show on the vertical doors, so everything A-OK from that perspective!