Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
Bane, you forgot to mention that the area near the chapel has been completely redone to include public hydro trays. It's pretty nice.
The new airlock perspective doesn't look right. and it's hard to tell which one is which. especially north/south ones. The style that was tested for a few of the airlocks previously looked fine.
salix_catus Wrote:The new airlock perspective doesn't look right. and it's hard to tell which one is which. especially north/south ones. The style that was tested for a few of the airlocks previously looked fine.

For me they kinda look like you could crawl under them big grin
So wait, which is arrivals and which is escape?
The northern shuttle is arrivals, and the southern is escape.
http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2#l=116,198,1;z=0.8

Reworked the back bar / catering storage area a bit. Infrastructure and detailing work continues.
Might I just say for the record, I love the fact that the bar now has a proper back area and that the detective has the little public-access meeting area thingie. It helps establish communication between the different departments, which is something that the two catering jobs have kind of been lacking lately. Also this lets people speak to the detective personally without having to shout from outside of his window, which is very good. Good additions.
Yeah, the doors look a little funky.

I thought we already had great horizontal door sprites, and were just in need of some better vertical ones.
They look funky because they should be about 3 pixels longer so they meet up properly with the walls, as is they kinda look like they're squashed or bend in at an angle towards the veiwer. The verticle ones aren't too bad, though it would be nice if the colour was more obvious.
[Image: y7B5lC0.png]
Old is on the left, new is on the right.
I don't see what was wrong with the old?
Yeah, like i see nothing wrong with the old doors? They look cool and smooth.. [Image: JVRi3Ts.png]
I had even designed a relatively nice vertical sprite based on the old doors.
The walls come down to the very front of the tile. The doors do not. They look like some kind of reverse-saloon doors.
Yeah I gotta agree. Unless you want to go through and resprite all the walls and shit to fit with those new doors I don't think they will look like they fit.
It's just that the perspective is off (as mentioned). I assume the effect was to try and make the doors look thinner than the walls. Given the typically inconsistent iso/di/blehmetric perspective we have this can be easy to mess up.

Even stretched it'll look off because proportions. Not that this helps at all because stretching pixel art is bad.

[Image: 3oKDjqp.jpg]

I still think an attempt at perspective is better than flat doors. So huzzah on that.