Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
Winged_Chiller Wrote:What's that lovely looking contraption in engineering?

I believe it's the new particle physics engine thing that is described in much better detail in the particle physics thread.
The map looks great, cog. Keep up the nice work.
Looks great Cogwerks!
The pool sees very little use. How about adding a button to cover the pool with a floor and turns the room into a one hoop basketball court.

[Image: oEAIAiw.gif] [Image: PhvUTJU.png] [Image: gjmWFhs.png]
[Image: VhS8yed.png]
What happens if someone is in the pool when the button is pushed?
atomic1fire Wrote:What happens if someone is in the pool when the button is pushed?
They are smashed into a fine red mist! Demonology 101
epicdwarf Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:What happens if someone is in the pool when the button is pushed?

That sounds really shitty, and a way that people could cover up being really shitty, " I just didnt mean to press the button" "I didn't see John McPubbs in there" "I thought it was the lightswitch" "I didn't know what it did""I just wanted to play some B-Ball and he was in my way". Gonna have to vote no on the pool cover situation, maybe if it was a tarp that hid people it could be a good way to pop out and scare/punch/shoot/chainsaw people. Could also be a place to hide bodies.
Another suggestion, change the door sprites, they currently look like they're lying flat in between the glass/the walls.
thehman03 Wrote:
epicdwarf Wrote:Pretend the previous quote was here

That sounds really shitty, and a way that people could cover up being really shitty, " I just didnt mean to press the button" "I didn't see John McPubbs in there" "I thought it was the lightswitch" "I didn't know what it did""I just wanted to play some B-Ball and he was in my way". Gonna have to vote no on the pool cover situation, maybe if it was a tarp that hid people it could be a good way to pop out and scare/punch/shoot/chainsaw people. Could also be a place to hide bodies.
Actually lets just have it shove everyone out of the way, like it bumps them over the pool walls and onto the ground or something.

Though I don't think the same effects would happen were it to be emagged...
Clarks Wrote:The pool sees very little use. How about adding a button to cover the pool with a floor and turns the room into a one hoop basketball court.

[Image: oEAIAiw.gif] [Image: PhvUTJU.png] [Image: gjmWFhs.png]
[Image: VhS8yed.png]

Love the sprites.
But why does it need a button to cover the pool? Why not pool basketball?
Push a button and basketball becomes pool basketball.

You can still be terribad and press a button to remove the diving board so some guy falls or make everyone slip by filling the court with water.
epicdwarf Wrote:
I feel like it would be less griffy but just as funny if everyone inside was just thrown out instead. So those 5 assistant playing in the pool would be tossed out spinning and screaming into walls/windows/trash chutes.
How is the map going cogwerks?

Any important updates?
Oh hell, I totally forgot to update this thread. Mapwork got pushed aside by a lot of irl nonsense and a period of general disinterest, but I'm excited about it again and things are progressing once more. I'll see if Wire and Mysha can do a map-capture run tonight and post a shot of how it's currently looking.
http://goonhub.com/maps/private#l=100,100,1;z=0.2