Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
Well, according to this thread, happy birthday, Cogs!

That fucking bird
Breaking News Developing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw Breaking News Developing...

UPDATE YOUR BYOND VERSION TO THE CURRENT 509 BUILD. ASAP.
Some places look weird with the new doors: Wizard's den (http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2#l=16,280,1;z=1.6) and the syndicate shuttle (http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2#l=269,31,1;z=1.4).
It's a beautiful station if a bit too big for my tastes.

On a Pathology note - we only seem to start with four samples whereas Cog1 started with five and Destiny starts with eight. Might it be possible to bump the starting number of pathogen bottles up to something like six-ish?
Huge cool station. A bit sparce on personal computers though, could you add one to the Mechanics lab please?
After roaming around a bit more I feel like the lighting is a bit too... concentrated? Too bright at the center, doesn't spread very far. The old lighting felt like it was lighting a room, this new one feels like it's barely fighting off the darkness. And stuff like hard hats seem way too dim.
Gotta say, map is beautiful and I like the idea of the lighting, but yeah too dark for my tastes. Would like to see the light travel further.
Crew Quarters A has frozen yoghurt and cereal with a bowl but no spoons.
Dabir Wrote:Crew Quarters A has frozen yoghurt and cereal with a bowl but no spoons.

Feature. Intended to generate assistant rage.
The lighting is pretty, but it definitely needs to be more averaged out. There are parts that are too dark and parts that are too bright currently.

Also, the podbay-shutter-doors on the "podbay" south of research are invisible, and the artifacts that I think are supposed to be there are missing.
A few things I've noticed about Science,
There's no Monkey Vendor (Not sure if that was intended)
There's a few less (One or two less) Large beakers and Beaker Boxes than on Cog1 (I think, Maybe someone else took 'em before I could count them?)
And Scientists don't have access to the Testing Room (The room under Telesci with the Plasma Glass Windows
Other than that its fucking amazing.
Still think bar could use a cigarette machine. It adds to the whole get drunk and vomit everywhere atmosphere.
A couple of suggestions for the robotics lab:
- There's no toolbelts! Please give us toolbelts because carrying around those toolboxes sucks
- We need like, 7 more cells. Starting with one is nuts.
- Also, some extra metal would be nice.
The medbay desk counter should probably have glass-sliding windows, since with the "new" atmos system where air drains really fast, a tiny hole can rapidly drain a massive amount of the station. This would make a hole slightly less devastating.
All of podbay seems to be nigh-inaccessible, since every non-head job I've played hasn't had access to it.
The clear white doors to enter the emergency storage in Engineering from the hallway can't be opened by normal engineers.
There's no glass sheets in engineering, or fire extinguishers.
Speaking of which, can materials for engineering be centralized into one room like they were on Cogmap 1? That would be really cool.