Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACID SPIT STUFFS
I was just thinking that wearing a bio suit should protect a crew member from acid spit.

Not keep the changeling from spitting, but whatever. I guess masks should probably screw with changeling spit because spitting in your helmet is stupid and gross.
Changlings are easily the weakest antagonist and no change that will cripple them any more should ever happen, including this one. You can do all sorts of things that don't make sense in this game with helmets, so who really fucking cares?
Klayboxx Wrote:Changlings are easily the weakest antagonist and no change that will cripple them any more should ever happen, including this one. You can do all sorts of things that don't make sense in this game with helmets, so who really fucking cares?
I would arguably say the normal traitor can be the weakest but sometimes the strongest but Changeling is in the middle with instant knockout spit and slow but silent knock out sting. Anything that can render someone from talking is strong. Also Werewolf is weaker as well.
Klayboxx Wrote:Changlings are easily the weakest antagonist and no change that will cripple them any more should ever happen, including this one. You can do all sorts of things that don't make sense in this game with helmets, so who really fucking cares?

They arn't really weak...people just don't use the powers right. They think spitting at a dude in a hallway won't get them caught and then they don't bother changing their forms or waiting in space for the heat to die down. A lone changling can take down the crew if he does it quickly and without notice.And after a while the crew will forgetthe changling if he is discoved
pizzatiger Wrote:They arn't really weak...people just don't use the powers right. They think spitting at a dude in a hallway won't get them caught and then they don't bother changing their forms or waiting in space for the heat to die down. A lone changling can take down the crew if he does it quickly and without notice.And after a while the crew will forget the changling if he is discoved

The changeling has pretty much just enough power to take down the crew, only if he is stealthy. The ling is absolute crap when fighting head on.

Basically what im saying is that this suggestion will nerf the changeling, and I don't think the changeling needs any nerfs, ESPECIALLY for his acid spit.

Quote:forget the changeling if he is discovered
hahahahahahaha fat chance, one people realize there is a ling, security/self proclaimed security will be hunting the lings non stop.
KikiMofo Wrote:
I would arguably say the normal traitor can be the weakest but sometimes the strongest but Changeling is in the middle with instant knockout spit and slow but silent knock out sting. Anything that can render someone from talking is strong. Also Werewolf is weaker as well.

idk why I always type changling instead of changeling shrug

In my opinion, the strength tier goes like this:

new vampires
traitors
old vampires
nuke ops (with stealth. Arguably they hold this position without stealth as well if they are good at shooting things and not getting shot)
wizards
changeling

I don't include werewolf because they aren't in the normal rotation, but yeah they aren't very strong. I also don't include spy because it's weird. The reason I say changelings are the weakest is because they are only good if they succeed at being stealthy, which relies on so many things going right that very rarely does everything go right. This isn't saying they aren't good, because all of the antagonist roles I have played I have been able to play very successfully at one time or another. I just don't think that a nerf like this would do anything to help anyone. It would be a big hassle to tear off your helmet every time you want to spit at someone, and cue people running away from every person who takes off their helmet near them screaming "DUMB PUBBIE IS A CHANGELING HE TOOK OFF HIS HELMET NEXT TO ME!"

The only plus I can see coming from this is making it easier to keep changelings alive in captivity in interests of fun. Put them in a straight jacket, put a space helmet on them and have a changeling petting zoo!
Klayboxx Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

idk why I always type changling instead of changeling shrug

In my opinion, the strength tier goes like this:

new vampires
traitors
old vampires
nuke ops (with stealth. Arguably they hold this position without stealth as well if they are good at shooting things and not getting shot)
wizards
changeling

..stuff..

I don't agree with your list at all good sir.
Vampires yes, they are OP shit-turds that completely ruin the balance of the game. If I had my way, I'd remove
Nuke ops come next. Depending if there is a HoS or active security, with the taser nerf nuke Operatives with their explosives and guns and teamwork really wreck shit up, stealth or no stealth.
Traitors and wildcards (they can do really well, or really poor depending on their plan), while the wizard is the king of wildcards, sticking to the old wiki description of dying in the first few minutes, or absolutely crushing the crew (highly dependent on whether he has picked fireball or not, i don't know if the new update on fireball has nerfed it at all)
Changlings are pretty strong, and I would consider them below Nuke Ops. The only difference between vampire and ling is that ling is actually balanced right, sure you are weak at the start, but being a ling is all about traps, once you get that down then you'll be gobblin' up husks like no time.
That and people are using horror form all wrong now. The recent changes for horror form makes a totally different playing style. Superpunch borgs, literally disarm security, don't worry about being on fire, worry about people attacking you while you are on fire, spam scream when running towards a player so they can't escape, etc.

I don't actually have an issue with a small counter to acid spit. The biohoods suggestion where the biohood protects against acid for 1-time is actually really good. Put two biohoods in the armory on the clothes rack, and you have yourself at least two officers protected against that fatal hit.
The reason why I think this is good is
A) There's only X amount of biohoods in the game, 2 in chem, 2-4 above pathology, and then there's the janitors. They only protect against 1 hit, so once you got spat, that's your defense gone, so unless you are hoarding it, you're fucked otherwise.
B) The defense is really obvious. The changling will easily be able to tell who they can't knock out with the 1 hit spit, and who they'll either have to sting instead. That and there's 1000 other ways of killing a player, traitors do it all the time without equipment so I don't get why people get so spastic when it comes to ling.
C) There are other ways of melting masks.
I haven't really played as an antagonist since the stun changes so yeah I can't comment on that.

But like I said, all of the antagonists are good in my opinion, except vampires which were fine before they were buffed. Actually I think biohoods countering acid spit once is a good idea, I was commenting on wearing headwear would keep a changling from being able to spit.