Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove spy until it is better
During a recent spy round, me and another miner peacefully mined for the entire round, only for a gang of 5-6 people to barge into mining and try to kill us for no reason.
I remember a round where admins set cyberpolice and hackers as custom jobs for laughs.

What if we replaced spy with a hacking, DWAINE centered mode?

There would be two teams. One team is a group of hackers, the other are undercover cyberpolice agents. The objectives would be complex. The hackers would have to steal various files from the Dwaine network (Not simple stuff. Login keys, RD's cache of data, etc.) kill computers, corrupt the AI remotely etc. while the cyberpolice have to stop them.

The hackers would have special uplinks that can be used to spend telecrystals on stuff like THINKTAPE's or floppy disks with special programs on them like viruses that steal data easier and leave no logs, prevent a shuttle call from occurring, single use bootleg ID's that grant superuser access for the duration of the login, even a computer version of the detomatix that can be used to blow up the cyberpolice's computers on the other end.

The cyberpolice would also have their own uplinks, with a different set of programs. These are more defensive oriented, like protecting from a computer detomatix, a program that makes a file harder to steal, protect the user from being booted out by a hacker remotely, log recovery tool, etc.

Aside from computer treachery, the hackers might also have "Physical" objectives like assassinations, stealing the AI reset board, etc.

I think it would be interesting but the biggest problem is no one really uses DWAINE much. I play RD a bit and I find DWAINE pretty confusing. Perhaps if there was better documentation?
Quote:Toybasher says things