Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GoonStation Diaries
Totally understand, I had just thought that I had posted in this thread beforehand, to see if anyone else had the opportunity to record last night, but apparently I didn't post so w/e.
What are we doing re; spoilers? Will they just be edited out?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:What are we doing re; spoilers? Will they just be edited out?
confused
I don't quite understand what you mean. Give me an example?
Sundance Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:What are we doing re; spoilers? Will they just be edited out?
confused
I don't quite understand what you mean. Give me an example?
I think he means something along the lines of accidentally recording a secret, like a hidden are of a telescience place, or a secret chem caught on camera.
Say for instance one of us ends up getting sucked into a telescience run one round and our feed spoils a cool puzzle solution. Will those parts of the feed be left in, cut out by showing a different feed, or a mixture of the two where highlights are shown but not full solutions??

Or, less obviously, say one of us makes a couple pints of grog for traitor fun?

Will we agree to not do anything ~ secret ~ in our rounds or leave that to editing, is basically what I'm asking
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Say for instance one of us ends up getting sucked into a telescience run one round and our feed spoils a cool puzzle solution. Will those parts of the feed be left in, cut out by showing a different feed, or a mixture of the two where highlights are shown but not full solutions??

Or, less obviously, say one of us makes a couple pints of grog for traitor fun?

Will we agree to not do anything ~ secret ~ in our rounds or leave that to editing, is basically what I'm asking

Oh now I see! Yeah I'll get around that. Remember of an 1hr of feed, I'm only taking max 15 minutes out of it. Hiding chem secrets should be easy enough, i'll just edit it out.
Z-levels are a different story, if someone goes to the trouble of getting to the sumerian pit, I'd rather include that in the feed. The means of getting there however I'll edit out, like a specific pattern of switches, etc.
Title that fades into the start of the video:

[Image: kdc88RD.png]

Decided to do some wire-art and photoshop that shiz. Worked out nicely, am now hyped to start this project as soon as I can.
woops, doesn't fit:
Here's the link
http://i.imgur.com/kdc88RD.png
Last minute edit: Added a pen so it looks like "diaries" is scribbled, added a cool gradient effect.
http://i.imgur.com/ayZOuqr.png
[Image: ayZOuqr.png]
Update #2:
Here's an example of the profile that comes up in the intro (go look a few posts back about the intro)
[Image: xx9UXhb.png]
These profiles are filled in by me and edited into the video as a "pop-up window". I just fill out your details for example:
Name: Sundance Feely
Codename(byondname): Sundance420
Status: This one's open game. Throw me a suggestion if you want a specific status in mind, otherwise i'm going to just take an average of what you were during the round: I.e: Sane, drunk, dead, cluwned, MIA.
Threat: Pretty straightforward. It's to give the viewers an idea if a certain player has rolled antagonist. If you're just plain ol' nanotrasen friendly, then you are code green. If you are a big baddy, then you are code red, and the profile will look different to the viewer, eg:
[Image: ftiQj2b.png]
Note i'll change the symbol in the top-right depending what you are, eg: Changling --> Biohazard symbol
Will more than likely incorperate other color codes too: Blue, Yellow, etc.
Before you go: "WAHH SUNDANCE, OTHER SERVERS DO THIS WAHH" - stop. This isn't anything to do with the color codes they enforce in other RP servers, this just adds an extra dimension to the person viewing the video so they can easily tell at the start "Oh, Dorkman is a syndicate/changling/w/e"
You dig it?
Update #3
The email the captain gets at the introduction video. The cursor scrolls over "back" and clicks, and reveals the 3 profiles of the people who's feed will be starring in the video.
[Image: TggbTEv.png]
Update #4
This is my last update before I actually start making the video, then organizing a day in which it suits everyone. I don't know if it's obvious yet, but I have yet to get the laptop, and I'm just doing some background work in the meantime.
I'm making a text crawl, like Star Wars. It will be animated, like star wars.
It will be used in the intro and outro
Here's a sample:
[Image: lLFjENr]
(yes i spelled uncertainty wrong, it's a sample. Yes I used comic sans, that's the joke)
oop
[Image: lLFjENr.png]
Sundance Wrote:tons of glorious updates
I love it! cant wait to partake in this!
This looks absolutely stellar. (Get it, big grin ) I assume that these will be uploaded to YouTube, and if I am right, what is the channel that they will be uploaded to?