Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GoonStation Diaries
Wonkmin Wrote:You'll have to give me a heads up and I'll do an admin perspective or something unless someone else volunteered?

The Admins view could have two themes....One where it has a small cutscene of a centcom ceo/employee looking through a camera monter system. The thing can be edited to look like a camera view.

Second is a centcom report of some space god they woken from it slumber in a plasma mine. A crakling can be played with the screen going all fuzzy and stuff with the view switching to the admin
so
how's that laptop stuff going

also I'm down to film a round.
What resolution do you want the video in?
Yeah, what resolution? I'm down for recording a round, though. We just all need to be on time. I use Taksi.
I'd be game.

Is this ever actually happening?
Alright, I already record this game, but I never actually do anything with the footage.
Hi....I want my Goonstation Diaries now...If you refuse me i will kill this bee i am storying in a glass jar
Spy_Guy Wrote:Is this ever actually happening?
come on let's make it hapen
Just a wee update on this. I know I haven't updated this in yonks but that's mainly because I lacked a pc laptop to play, and rather made this thread a bit preemptively. Seen as payday is on the horizon (end of month) I'mma revive this as i'll be actually able to work on it quite soon.

I've just done some thinkering on the whole process of how this is going to take place so for anyone is still interested:

1. No more mic. I found this is far too limiting even though I said it wasn't a necessary. Instead, i'll construct a small narrative for each episode and find one of the countless voice actors I know from an old community to read it.

2. No more long-ass intro. I'll keep it short and sweet. A pod travelling through the depth of space with some bleepy boop computer ambience in the background and a gritty narrative that's cut short by accidently flying into the title screen and promptly blows up when colliding with it. Pans out to read the full title "Goonstation diaries". Das it.

3. Because many viewers won't be really looking at the command box, i'll make use of it by filling in a cam picture of each player and job position or enlarged text of a local or important conversation. This is a messy compressed sample but you get the picture.
[Image: XIZ27dT.png]

I made a template:
Mob bust image is a screengrab of the player at round start.
Name is where I fill the name of player.
Object denotes player job. Mop for janitor, pie for clown, etc.
Color also denotes position. Red for security, white for medbay etc.
Background image denotes loyalty. A big nanotrasen N is normal player, while explosive hazard is traitor, biohazard is changeling, etc. An N highlighted red denotes mindslave.
Science, medical, engineer and sec:
[Image: r3PxxzK.png][Image: fXltq5G.png][Image: W6NUFY0.png][Image: 6fu6Qpz.png]
Traitor miner and mindslaved barman:
[Image: HNyOKvm.png][Image: EVfMZLQ.png]
Oh hey this project is alive again. im still willing contribute. etc etc.
I'm ready when you are
I'd be willing to record while you guys are, but since I'm an admin I'm not 100% sure I'd actually be able to post what I record. I gueeeeess I could edit stuff out if I need to but that'd require me figuring out how to edit my videos and I'm lazy as heck.
Long story short idk yell at me and I'll see how it goes.