Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Salvager captain role
Salvager Captain makes them sound even more like pirates, which is huge plus from me, Give em a funny hat, a slightly worse captains coat, and the pirate gyrus alteration and call it good
(01-08-2024, 11:19 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Why not make it an AI that can only use camera's and control pods as a command center?

They also have a borg body, but only ONE. If it dies...the command center is screwed.

This way... salvagers have to decide if they wanna cut camera's or not. it adds complexity.
And now the commander/leader is a silicon giving orders. Wich is a fun reversal.

I don't want them to get a "Door hacking mechanic" though.. or else they will rush armory door hacking.
If anything they can only verbally direct the salvagers and control pods/1 body.

Basically their game ends when all salvagers are dead.

I've been reading and this idea seems super fun as a person who is just starting to play AI. Lots of possibilities if you can see things of value and help your "workers" get them by giving them directions.

Maybe you could implement a system like the geneticist computers. The money we get can be used to buy things as usual or to improve the AI systems:

>Be able to hack doors with a easy minigame, the doors go by tiers, so there would be several tiers of improvement. Something like Maintenance>Work Places>Security>Command. Each upgrade costs more money than the previous one obviously. Having a cooldown in the hacking module can help to balance it. You could even have the station's AI receive a notification (like the ones it receives when a fire alarm goes off) saying that a door's firewall has been deactivated. That would give the station IA a role in the shift as well.

>An upgrade to be able to activate or deactivate the station cameras for a period of time.

>Maybe an upgrade to be able to take control of a station borg, like a second life if the original shell breaks. But he can't access any modules because his system is not compatible with NT's system.

>And obviously one to be able to see the salvagers using their helmet cam.

The objective of the IA would be to reach a quota, or receive X amount of upgrades.

It also occurs to me that the AI would receive a notification saying which equipment is more expensive in that round. Maybe engineering equipment is sold at 50% and medical equipment at 100%. That way the salvagers would vary their targets and it wouldn't always be the same places.