Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bovine filter useable by non-bovine
I've been absolutely loving the look created by this PR: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/17043 and been talking to other people in-round who have been enjoying it as well.  I know there's concerns with how doing it the way it is could effect client performance if there's too many people using it, but I wanted to posit the potential future idea of it becoming an option for non-bovines if it can be done in a less performance-impacting way to allow for heavier characters.  It honestly looks great ingame!  I haven't found a piece of clothing yet that I've felt looked any worse than 'meh', and most of them just look incredible.
part of the mutant race overhaul is implementing deeper character customization on startup, I see no reason why this couldn't be part of it

(except human bodies wouldn't be fat, just their clothes like cows. would be a lot of extra work to make the body itself look good)
(12-27-2023, 03:43 PM)Cal Wrote: (except human bodies wouldn't be fat, just their clothes like cows. would be a lot of extra work to make the body itself look good)

I wonder if the Special Style thing pugs use could be used to implement different bodytypes for not-pugs... the spritework itself should be pretty straightforward, if a bit arduous in the Breaking Things Apart stage, but I can imagine getting all the body overlays for humans and lizards and stuff to play nice might be a bit like trying to untangle christmas lights