Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CLOSED PR] Move Counter-Revolutionary Implants from QM to Security
(11-05-2023, 12:22 PM)Cal Wrote: yeah i think its kinda weird and shitty that the best way to win revs is cripple cargo before they can even react... and on Sec's end, it's take it over before they can react (pushing QM out of a job) by either loyalty the QMs into helping you, or just trust them to help you (LOL)

I kinda like the idea of security having to "hold out". the REAL zombie mode right here

I'm gonna put out an idea here to make revs a much more "zombie invasion"-like gamemode: (it's probably gonna be very shitty, but I like to type)

After 5-10 minutes of round (headrevs spawned like normal and can play normally during theses minutes), the entire station is alerted about the revs by CentComm, and it will deploy a shipment of 5-10 implants at a random area in the station. From then on out, every 5-8 minutes, announcements like the first one will happen, telling a location and time until the shipment of implants are sent. After 4 or 5 waves of implants, CentComm will stop sending the implants due to cost reasons, and threatens gibbing everyone.

For this idea to work, headrevs would have to take, like, 45 seconds to remove the implants through the revflash, and it should be unremovable through surgery or cloning.

Again, this isn't a very thought out idea, it's probably against all guidelines to make a new goon gamemode.
(11-07-2023, 12:47 PM)Caio029 Wrote: After 5-10 minutes of round (headrevs spawned like normal and can play normally during theses minutes), the entire station is alerted about the revs by CentComm, and it will deploy a shipment of 5-10 implants at a random area in the station. From then on out, every 5-8 minutes, announcements like the first one will happen, telling a location and time until the shipment of implants are sent. After 4 or 5 waves of implants, CentComm will stop sending the implants due to cost reasons, and threatens gibbing everyone.

For this idea to work, headrevs would have to take, like, 45 seconds to remove the implants through the revflash, and it should be unremovable through surgery or cloning.

I like the idea. If we throw out the thing about implants being unremoveable.

There is kinda little reason to make the implants work differently than any other implants. Also it would drastically decrease the importance of medbay for revs. Maybe just increase the amount if implant drops per site, so the station need only to secure like 2 drops to have enough to properly combat the revs.
Based on discussion, proposing one of the following ideas, along with no longer removing loyalty implants from QM:

1. The dispenser will stay in security. However, instead of auto fabricating, it will require using existing implants (like health implants) to "rewire" into loyalty implants, or maybe just steel/glass sheets, and has a longer cooldown on production. Can be disabled by turning off the area APC. Idea is that it would be a backup if QM was to go down, not a replacement

2. Add a loyalty implant manudrive to either security, the bridge, or to the MD's locker

3. Add a spare QM board or two to a location in Security, or the bridge maybe
I believe others have said it, but implants can be purchased without a QM console, you just need an ID and a Request Console, usually found on the bridge or in front of QM. You can purchase the implants with your own money, making console theft moot.

Second, Implants probably need a action bar now for implanting... because you need to do Scalpel/Scissors surgery in order to get to implants now, and man, does scalpel failure HURT, which would likely instantly convert you back to loyal. I dunno, its a thread about revs, thought I'd throw in a suggestion.
Also adding, people can spend QM's entire budget. Though yeah people can buy implants with their own money.

Also, there's an issue of just blocking off the QM input in space. Though haven't seen that recently