Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[PR] Removes the ability to emag cyberogans with damage
This could definitely be handled like how genetics got nerfed, seeing as the two are similar on some level. To stop people from getting all the cool powers with minimal effort, there could be a stability level that makes cyberorgans do Bad Things once you go below 100%. Organs emagged with an actual card shouldn't deduct stability, just so you can spend the 6tc for cool stuff.
I'm thinking like Jim the Roboticist has you on the table and installs an emagged cyberliver into you. You go from 110% to 100%, so nothing bad happens with it. Then, Jim adds another emagged part. Now you're at 90%. So now and again, when your cyberliver converts ethanol into omnizine, there's a small chance it turns some into, oh, I dunno, cyanide? But when Jim adds a regular cyberappendix, it's still 90%. And if Jim is a traitor and uses an EMAG on your to-be cyberlungs, it's STILL 90%. This would make stacking emagged cyberorgans as nonantag a risk, but regular cyberorgan surgery and traitor emagged cyberorgan surgery go unaffected.
Ohhhh, something like cyber psychosis in ss13 would be a lovely thing.
(07-25-2023, 06:05 AM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: This could definitely be handled like how genetics got nerfed, seeing as the two are similar on some level. To stop people from getting all the cool powers with minimal effort, there could be a stability level that makes cyberorgans do Bad Things once you go below 100%. Organs emagged with an actual card shouldn't deduct stability, just so you can spend the 6tc for cool stuff.
I'm thinking like Jim the Roboticist has you on the table and installs an emagged cyberliver into you. You go from 110% to 100%, so nothing bad happens with it. Then, Jim adds another emagged part. Now you're at 90%. So now and again, when your cyberliver converts ethanol into omnizine, there's a small chance it turns some into, oh, I dunno, cyanide? But when Jim adds a regular cyberappendix, it's still 90%. And if Jim is a traitor and uses an EMAG on your to-be cyberlungs, it's STILL 90%. This would make stacking emagged cyberorgans as nonantag a risk, but regular cyberorgan surgery and traitor emagged cyberorgan surgery go unaffected.

Shit, that's good. Just like genetics you could also make the much better parts cost more if crew emagged. I don't think this would fix the problem with people rushing to emag their organs, they'd just pick the best ones within the limitations, but it's a real good leap in the right direction.
Imo crew shouldnt be able to emag organs without emag at all
Why buy emag to emag organs if you can do it without it saving 6 tc and then rampage because it acts like mini stims (and there is basically almost no counter if you get rid of pulse rifles)
I also see most of roboticists just powergame emagged organs instead of doing their job on classic
Its really becoming a problem, id rather have it fully removed
(07-27-2023, 11:55 PM)DummySian Wrote: Imo crew shouldnt be able to emag organs without emag at all
Why buy emag to emag organs if you can do it without it saving 6 tc and then rampage because it acts like mini stims (and there is basically almost no counter if you get rid of pulse rifles)
I also see most of roboticists just powergame emagged organs instead of doing their job on classic

I think mamy people voice the opinion that emagged organs should not be tied to the emag at all and the emag creating this effect is just an upside of the emag.

Means that people would rather see the organs detached from the emag and instead be an upgrade option for cyberorgans in general, with some new downsides attached to it or requiring additional work. Like genetics was brought under control.

And surprise, surprise, people powergame any upgrade they can get their hands upon. This just means we need to make it harder to get/add downsides... which is exactly what we are talking about.
(07-28-2023, 03:52 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(07-27-2023, 11:55 PM)DummySian Wrote: Imo crew shouldnt be able to emag organs without emag at all

I think mamy people voice the opinion that emagged organs should not be tied to the emag at all and the emag creating this effect is just an upside of the emag.

Means that people would rather see the organs detached from the emag and instead be an upgrade option for cyberorgans in general, with some new downsides attached to it or requiring additional work. Like genetics was brought under control.

And surprise, surprise, people powergame any upgrade they can get their hands upon. This just means we need to make it harder to get/add downsides... which is exactly what we are talking about.

Powergamers can always find loopholes... Indysuit slowdown or light engi suit requiring additional materials didnt become a problem for them after all...
Unless you nerf it to the ground or fully remove it, it will still continue to be a problem imo
has anyone actually used this feature besides power gamers on #1? i can safely say i have literally seen it used 0 times in #3 since its release in 2020

like, no roboticist i've seen has *ever* asked if i want them to beat the shit out of the organ replacement i'm getting. in nearly 3 years.

yes it's only my personal experience, but it feels like a good sign this iscurrently purely powergamer territory.
Can't say for #1 but i saw it used on #3 a very rarely for "backalley/black market surgery".
It certainly does sound like "powergamer territory" at the moment. I don't think that's reason to huck a mechanic into the dumpster that could genuinely be interesting, though.
(07-28-2023, 04:52 PM)DummySian Wrote: Powergamers can always find loopholes... Indysuit slowdown or light engi suit requiring additional materials didnt become a problem for them after all...
Unless you nerf it to the ground or fully remove it, it will still continue to be a problem imo
I think the solution I propose solves it being powergamey while still making it worth the investment of installing the emagged organ in the first place. Would you disagree? Because I think making a mechanic less able to stack with itself is exactly the solution needed here, without outright removing the mechanic. I don't think removing the mechanic completely for nonantags is a good solution, but rather a band-aid for a mechanic that is too strong. There are many to-be-powergamed mechanics that can be fixed with their removal, but I believe it to be infinitely better to still allow the people not abusing it to have fun with it. (RIP chemgroups)
I'd almost like to see the cyber organs just randomly stop working after installed if they've been smashed around. You're practically breaking them to get the effect anyways and would force power gamers to either suddenly have to deal with the loss of the boosts/organ, and/or make them waste time constantly checking on them. Then they could still be used short term with a lot of effort put in.
(07-30-2023, 03:01 PM)Brixx79 Wrote: I'd almost like to see the cyber organs just randomly stop working after installed if they've been smashed around. You're practically breaking them to get the effect anyways and would force power gamers to either suddenly have to deal with the loss of the boosts/organ, and/or make them waste time constantly checking on them. Then they could still be used short term with a lot of effort put in.

Thats a neat idea. It provides a very hefty drawback and if you want the real thing you need to get the emag.

This will make people implant one or two damaged organs, at most for temporary buffs instead of getting the full package.
The damage levels for organs are randomized every round, and it's randomized to each organ. You have to go off completely blind chance in order to emag them without the emag card. I don't think this PR is necessary.
(08-08-2023, 10:58 PM)Bisar Wrote: The damage levels for organs are randomized every round, and it's randomized to each organ. You have to go off completely blind chance in order to emag them without the emag card. I don't think this PR is necessary.

You can reliably emag any organ within like 3 minutes if you know how the system works, albeit i would rather only see stamina giving cyberorgans be non manual emaggable and keep gimmick ones like stomach
I think people might be overestimating "the whole package." While some emagged effects are godly (pancreas and heart) and some are good (appendix and liver,) many are pretty mid (lungs, kidney and stomach) to downright useless (intestines and spleen.)