Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Gives Sleeper Agents Listening Outpost Access
This opinion seems kind of unpopular based on the rest of the thread, but I think sleeper is better without access to any traitor items. I think sleeper should be a "work with what you have" mentality, and I've always enjoyed the challenge of putting something devious together without any fancy items or powers.
(07-18-2023, 06:47 PM)George_Manning Wrote: This opinion seems kind of unpopular based on the rest of the thread, but I think sleeper is better without access to any traitor items. I think sleeper should be a "work with what you have" mentality, and I've always enjoyed the challenge of putting something devious together without any fancy items or powers.

I fully agree here. I can see spiefs gaining direct access to the outpost, but sleeper agents should kinda be full hard mode traitor. No help, take what the station gives to you.
Agree with george and earthfire. Also, I feel it will end up with people who just grind moneys solely for hoping to get sleeper and I don't really like that.
(07-19-2023, 12:50 AM)Emimiyu Wrote: Agree with george and earthfire. Also, I feel it will end up with people who just grind moneys solely for hoping to get sleeper and I don't really like that.

People barely grind for money as it is.. some do in HOPES their favorite shop appears for a gimmick.
This just means people will grind for money cause they might get antag. Wich in my opinion is better.. since money doesn't have much in play cept for Antagonists or Gimmick players.

I also don't see why Sleepers have to be "hard mode traitors"
If anything it makes Sleepers the hardest antags in the game cause they spawn mid round after being a good boy the whole time.

Also Spiefs do not have listening post access. They got unlimited thief supplies...
I like the idea, but adding a way to test for sleepers is bad. A "Welcome, agent" palm pad on the door seems more reasonable.
I also really like the scanner idea. In fact, I'd like it if access to the Listening Post was standardized for traitors and spy thieves. I'd like for people to have more easy access to the headsets for RP gimmicks, and for potential meetups. The Agent Card is still useful in its own way for impersonation.
(07-25-2023, 02:36 AM)Glamurio Wrote: I also really like the scanner idea. In fact, I'd like it if access to the Listening Post was standardized for traitors and spy thieves. I'd like for people to have more easy access to the headsets for RP gimmicks, and for potential meetups. The Agent Card is still useful in its own way for impersonation.

Disagree for spiefs.
Reason being: "They tend to try and kill eachother too"

The whole point of Spiefs is the fact you aren't the only one spiefing. Heck some spiefs have OPPOSSING objectives aka:
- Keep X alive
vs
- Kill X and keep em dead.

If they meet up in the listening post.. it would be annoying unless they get the agent card or access to it.
I find it fun that spiefs aren't a team antagonist, but antagonists that fight eachother too.

Traitors on the other hand work together always but can work together. (So can Spiefs though, but again this is theming we talking about)
But mostly work solo. Traitors don't have to compete and build up. Everyone has equal tool acces.
Spiefs on the other hand have to race and work against eachother to get the tools they want.

This is why I do not want Spief's to work with eachother. Especially since some Spief objectives are their own gear or limbs from time to time.
I don't want to give up my PDA to anyone as a spief.. since it puts me out of the race..
dumb idea but what if the implant looked like a health implant when removed so you cant meta if the person is a sleeper
I like the idea of getting access to an agent card by some means. The idea for the dead drops fits this if it were baked into sleepers directly, my recent idea is that it could be a possible follow-on event.

Though I feel I an biased towards the current behavior and my own idea.
(08-04-2023, 02:22 PM)Azrun Wrote: I like the idea of getting access to an agent card by some means. The idea for the dead drops fits this if it were baked into sleepers directly, my recent idea is that it could be a possible follow-on event.

picking up a package also sounds really cool
(08-04-2023, 03:54 PM)Cal Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 02:22 PM)Azrun Wrote: I like the idea of getting access to an agent card by some means.  The idea for the dead drops fits this if it were baked into sleepers directly, my recent idea is that it could be a possible follow-on event.

picking up a package also sounds really cool

It wouldn't be farfetched for cargo to recieve a package that is card locked by the sleeper agent... then again this will be meta'd to hell and back.

Personally I would rather have it dropped somewhere on the map and the sleeper knows where it is the moment they spawn.
Maybe depending on their job it will drop in their office areas?

This way it ensures the sleeper can get their rewards easier and 1st... then again you can also drop it somewhere random and the sleeper has to break in to get it ala spythief.
(08-05-2023, 04:41 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Personally I would rather have it dropped somewhere on the map and the sleeper knows where it is the moment they spawn.

This was the plan yea