Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Gives Sleeper Agents Listening Outpost Access
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT WANTED] [FEATURE]

About the PR
Gives sleepers a implant with listening post access on sleeper roll.

Why's this needed?
Adds Listening Post Access to sleepers. This gives them the ability to get access to some traitor items, without adding the antag power of a full uplink to them.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Cheekybrdy
(*)Added listening post access to sleeper agents, this is done through a implant temporarily.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I dont see why not but sleepers usually appear later in the round so they wouldnt have a lot of time to get the funds for the items
This seems like a decent idea!
Gives access to some cool, but not overly powerful gear, and access to C.A.R.L for cool antag items if you can somehow fork over the money. Sounds like it could make hardmode traitor a lot more fun!
(07-17-2023, 09:04 PM)NanoDano Wrote: I dont see why not but sleepers usually appear later in the round so they wouldnt have a lot of time to get the funds for the items

Yeah but if you get sleeper and your a head you could easily just embezzle some funds
All this does is make people want to work for credits more in an unique way.

Sleepers mostly steal or feel annoyed when they get it (in the last 5 mins of shift) or go: "Well in this time I can't do much..."
Adding listening post access is perfect and it makes people wanna earn extra cash in game in case they "go sleeper" and need those items.
Yeah, this seems like a cool idea!
I don't know how much the stuff at the listening outpost cost, but as a unionized NT employee I tend to have a decent amount on my account by the time sleeper rolls tend to happen. Also a great reason to care more about money and use various get rich quick schemes.
I think it would be cool to test merge for a bit and see how it goes.
Quick Question: Does the implant destroy itself when removed? Otherwise, people could steal a sleepers implant to go into the outpost.
(07-18-2023, 06:48 AM)Wisemonster Wrote: Quick Question: Does the implant destroy itself when removed? Otherwise, people could steal a sleepers implant to go into the outpost.

Didn't think of this... but probably a good idea!
I don't like the implant idea. Can't there be a palm pad or something
I think a palm pad or retina scanner or code phrase would be the best

Or just have it so sleeper souls know the "syndie secret knock' or something
I'm not sure what kind of code would work but I do like the idea of it not being an implant, and more of a palm or retina scan/secret knock.
Another big issue with the implant is that if you need surgery on your chest for whatever reason, you will need to either do it yourself, or have another antag do it for you. Otherwise, you will reveal your antag status to whoever uses a scapel on you.