Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Glass Doors + Lockers Hackable
There's already a really easy way to blow open lockers anyway without much gear.
rulib Wrote:There's already a really easy way to blow open lockers anyway without much gear.

yeah bombs, which is totally cool with me since it takes some form of skill to make a 1x1 bomb that doesn't destroy tiles.
Klayboxx Wrote:
rulib Wrote:There's already a really easy way to blow open lockers anyway without much gear.

yeah bombs, which is totally cool with me since it takes some form of skill to make a 1x1 bomb that doesn't destroy tiles.

Not those you fool
rulib Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:

Not those you fool

:eyepop:
Somewhat related suggestion:

Allow pipe bombs to be stuck on walls, for shits and giggles.

Allow pipe bombs to be filled with thermite, creating a ghetto breaching charge.
- Only effective against the wall or door that it is placed against
- Only a 33% chance to work on rwall
- Fire hazard (obviously)
- Small (~10%) chance of exploding a second or two early
- Will not breach the outer hull

Allow thermite bombs to be used on lockers.

Also, sustained welder usage (say, half the fuel capacity of a welder) should be able to burn through the lock. Very, very slowly.
Make those sliding glass doors hackable/destructible at the very least.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense why we can tear a reinforced table down, but can't grab a fire extinguisher and just smash the little window door open, or even shoot it open if the situation calls for it.

Even the reinforced windows can be destroyed eventually. Heck with enough time you can break a plasma window, then use a plasma shard to finish the other side.
I don't like the idea of a craftable tool that can break open locked lockers/crates. Lockers are tough to open in the first place for good reason (even if the real life mechanics make little sense), and having a craftable tool that can easily do this on the spot is questionable power.

What I think is a good idea, is something that clarks touched upon earlier, enough throw-force would crack open a lock, destroying some of contents inside, but preserving some.
What would cause this throw-force?
--> The artifact pitching machine (in which something heavy is launched AT it)
--> Mechanics graviton machine (in which the locker itself is launched)
--> An asteroid (Asteroid, or super velocity crate simply smacking it, random and advantageous action)
A heavy bomb would work too, but it would incinerate all the contents.

This way, a locker would have to be noticeably lugged around, and you are not fully guaranteed that you'll get everything from the locker. I'd prefer it this way not only because of the balance, but the effort put in = reward put out. Also it'd be a feasible way of QM's busting open locked crates, by working with mechanics.
Sundance Wrote:--> An asteroid (Asteroid, or super velocity crate simply smacking it, random and advantageous action)
A heavy bomb would work too, but it would incinerate all the contents.
Just as a side note this already works. I looted all the armory one time after an asteroid busted through and smashed open all the lockers.
The best way to raid the armory without an Emag would then be to thermite in the back, pull a locker out a ways, and then fire a crate through outer Belt Hell to smash into it?

I fully support this idea.
It still makes no sense whatsoever in terms of mechanics. It's a locker, not an unobtanium box with a quantobabble tachyon locking mechanism. That said, unobtanium boxes with quantobabble tachyon locking mechanisms would make a little more sense for areas like the Armory.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:The best way to raid the armory without an Emag would then be to thermite in the back, pull a locker out a ways, and then fire a crate through outer Belt Hell to smash into it?

I fully support this idea.

I support this, though. It makes it sufficiently hard to get into the locker, which is good.
Even the vampire's scream can't shatter glass doors. This is plainly ridiculous.