Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Glass Doors + Lockers Hackable
It's been years and years and these things are still in the game, still nigh-indestructible, and still unhackable. You can carve an airlock out of the bulkheads with an RCD, you can cut through an rwall with a standard blue toolbox, you can open a locked door with a single PDA-sent packet, but the sliding doors are still unhackable with the finest tools at your disposal.

Same with lockers, you can try a pipe bomb on them but even that doesn't seem to work great anymore! It would add a lot to the game and reduce the need for an emag as a traitor who wants to loot the HoS stuff or break into departments through their hall-facing windoor+table combos, which I think is pretty fair.
Or, instead of just hackable, give us the ability to shoot open the lockers and doors. I mean, the doors look to be made out of the same thing as non-reinforced glass, so its a wonder why you can't just smash it down with a crowbar or something, though for lockers I think you should need some kind of stronger bullets, like AP ammo, to blast them open. That might make traitor detectives actually buy and use special ammo.
I kinda like the idea of shooting lockers open, even though I'm pretty sure you can bomb them open.

being able to build a zip gun and then shoot a locker open with it would be neat.
McDogles Wrote:Or, instead of just hackable, give us the ability to shoot open the lockers and doors. I mean, the doors look to be made out of the same thing as non-reinforced glass, so its a wonder why you can't just smash it down with a crowbar or something, though for lockers I think you should need some kind of stronger bullets, like AP ammo, to blast them open. That might make traitor detectives actually buy and use special ammo.
AP ammo is the best and detective should always get a bunch of those. They are 1 point each. Very cheap for the power
Glass sliding doors should be breakable, like glass.

Lockers can already be exploded open, if they could be shot open there would be no real reason to go for an emag, and instead everyone would go for the cheaper and more versatile revolver.
Klayboxx Wrote:Lockers can already be exploded open, if they could be shot open there would be no real reason to go for an emag, and instead everyone would go for the cheaper and more versatile revolver.
True.

On the other hand, it would be funny if lockers had a chance to be bust open by something with enough throwforce. Like vendors can get tipped when they are hit by a guy flung off a segway.
Clarks Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Lockers can already be exploded open, if they could be shot open there would be no real reason to go for an emag, and instead everyone would go for the cheaper and more versatile revolver.
True.

On the other hand, it would be funny if lockers had a chance to be bust open by something with enough throwforce. Like vendors can get tipped when they are hit by a guy flung off a segway.

As of now things with huge throwforce just push lockers around, so yeah it'd be neat. Except the only thing with high enough throwforce to do that is a supercharged Artistic Toolbox, and when you have that there really isn't much need to get into a locker.
I think the AP ammo for detective and the EX ammo that's for sale from CARL should blast open lockers and shit. Those are hard enough to get and I don't see enough people using them.
Are explosives still able to blow open lockers? I think that they should be easier to blow open with standard pipe bombs, because that barely seems to work.
rulib Wrote:Are explosives still able to blow open lockers? I think that they should be easier to blow open with standard pipe bombs, because that barely seems to work.

God no, it's fine as it is needing a 1x1 explosive. It takes skill to make a bomb that shitty, but anyone can throw together a pipebomb and get riot shotguns, thermals, and an e-gun with barely any work. Yes it would be cool to do to SOME lockers, but you have to think of the whole general balance of it. Making every explosive and AP rounds break open lockers would basically render emags useless, since they wouldn't do anything that something else can do but for cheaper. If the detective could just blast open the armory lockers and grab the shotguns every round, just imagine what kind of awful super security bullshit would happen. If a traitor buys a revolver, he'd be able to break into security and steal all the shotguns, then turn around and have a very lethal weapon for only four telecrystals. There is a reason the emag is so expensive.
like I am not understanding how you think it would be A Good Thing to forgo the emag in favor of pipebombs. An expensive traitor item vs. something anyone can make.

Klayboxx Wrote:There is a reason the emag is so expensive.
emags aren't consumed on use though, and there's an inherent risk of using an explosive to open something (ie: explosions). How does this one function of pipe bombs somehow invalidate emags, which have a ridiculous amount of utility already?
For another thing, I think having these two things totally unhackable on a station full of tools and equipment is just silly! Locks should just keep honest people honest, but as it stands the entire engineering department can't open a LOCKER with all their tools.
Also I meant the .38 AP ammo the traitor detective gets and the EX shotgun ammo CARL sells. You would need alot of money and to spend your crystals on shotgun box and an agent card or an agent card and an emag but getting the emag would defeat the purpose in the first place(or you can just steal the barman's shotgun) and I don't see traitor detective coming up often enough that we have to worry about him every round blasting open the armory. I admit the revolver box AP ammo busting open locked lockers would be too much but why not have it limited like this? I mean can you imagine someone shooting explosive shotgun shells at a locker? I would say that should open that thing.
procitizen Wrote:emags aren't consumed on use though, and there's an inherent risk of using an explosive to open something (ie: explosions). How does this one function of pipe bombs somehow invalidate emags, which have a ridiculous amount of utility already?

Because pipe bombs are super easy to make. An assistant can go into tool storage and make enough of them to blow up every locked locker on the station and then still have more. A pipe bomb explosion isn't even dangerous, standing three tiles away from one when it explodes leaves you perfectly fine unless you get unlucky and get shrapnel in you, and it's not hard to toss one down and then go around a corner until it explodes.

KikiMofo Wrote:Also I meant the .38 AP ammo the traitor detective gets and the EX shotgun ammo CARL sells. You would need alot of money and to spend your crystals on shotgun box and an agent card or an agent card and an emag but getting the emag would defeat the purpose in the first place(or you can just steal the barman's shotgun) and I don't see traitor detective coming up often enough that we have to worry about him every round blasting open the armory. I admit the revolver box AP ammo busting open locked lockers would be too much but why not have it limited like this? I mean can you imagine someone shooting explosive shotgun shells at a locker? I would say that should open that thing.

It wouldn't even have to be a traitor detective. If a regular detective wanted a shotgun he'd just have to hack open the armory doors and then shoot out the locks and take what he wanted. It being a function of unique ammo like the traitor detective ammo would be a neat thing however.