Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Respawn as a "Hologram"
(01-26-2023, 06:18 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Ok, that alievates most of my concern with abuse.

I would add an easy way to destroy the hologram, though. Im thinking about 3-4 flash uses. This enables an quick IC way to get rid of a disruptive hologram. E.g  a botanist that cannot talk is inherently disruptive, because we use the same recources (hydroponic trays)

Besides, half the murders are there so people don't continue their work. Holograms being invulnerable would be antithetical to that. I mean on top bombing cloning/gibbing/disposing corpses, you would be required to rogue the AI.

To be honest, i'm not a fan of the idea of departments being functional after wanton murder. Cloning is at least gated by retreival of the corpse, cloner defects and the possibility of gibbing/rotting.

Ah good concerns. The flashing thing would actually be a good idea. I will add that to the idea that, flashes will disrupt them!

Also you can just shut down ALL holograms by taking out the holomatrix.
But at the same time... these are valid concerns.
So let's keep thinking about it.. but... with cloning getting nerfed and always bombed, I just wanted that lil thing added so people can continune if they want to but they give up RESPAWNING ALL TOGETHER.

But then again...anyhow good feedback! I really thought of the abuse and I know chems and botany are risky topics that I would be on the "Line" of letting them do their job or remove it...

Messages In This Thread
Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-25-2023, 01:02 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-25-2023, 03:00 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Judobum - 01-25-2023, 05:49 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by babayetu83 - 01-25-2023, 09:10 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Lord_earthfire - 01-25-2023, 10:08 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-26-2023, 05:22 AM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Lord_earthfire - 01-26-2023, 06:18 AM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-26-2023, 10:47 AM