Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
farewell bombini
(10-18-2022, 10:39 AM)Shiiba Wrote: After I got HoS, I decided to pay Bombini a visit a few times. It wasn't the same, it was heartbreaking honestly. It felt like being dragged through mud when I would play on it. I'm sad it's gone, but I do agree with the Admins that Bombini that it was failing to provide the player experience they want it to have. I hope with time that maybe Bombini can come back and it won't be like it was when it closed down.

Judging by the window incident on atlas, a good part of the shittery was happening precisely because you joined as a HoS and most of the crew hadn't seen you before. Crew always treated a HoS or admin showing up as a bit of a challenge, since it was happening so rarely (at least during CET evening hours).

I still wish there would've been some more regular admin presence to correct earlier on what they saw wrong with it, instead of just letting it run it's course to then shut the servers down.
From what I've read there were multiple waves of bans to try to deal with people being shit on Bombini.  Admins probably got sick of dealing with it over and over.
Quote:Judging by the window incident on atlas, a good part of the shittery was happening precisely because you joined as a HoS and most of the crew hadn't seen you before.
Incredibly shit attitude, incredibly shit thing to say

Quote:Crew always treated a HoS or admin showing up as a bit of a challenge, since it was happening so rarely (at least during CET evening hours).

I still wish there would've been some more regular admin presence
I wonder how these two things might be related
(10-20-2022, 07:07 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Incredibly shit attitude, incredibly shit thing to say

Rereading it, I can see how it sounds like shiiba is to blame, which wasn't my intention and I'm sorry for that and find it sad that they had to endure the crew going nuts.

(10-20-2022, 07:07 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I wonder how these two things might be related

I'm not saying I don't understand the decision, the admins are volunteers and want to play on servers they enjoy, instead of sweeping in and cleaning up every day. But I do miss the times where we had 20-40 players in the evening, and mostly everyone enjoyed themselves.
i hope it can come back some day, but i imagine it would be as more of an esoteric mode server rather than "server 1 but with 1/5th the population". stuff like construction, disaster, football, pod wars. that kind of thing

it would also be interesting if there was a way to have more cross-play between the servers; imagine if you could travel between stations somehow...
(10-20-2022, 01:21 AM)dustball Wrote: Crew always treated a HoS or admin showing up as a bit of a challenge, since it was happening so rarely (at least during CET evening hours).

(10-20-2022, 07:07 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I wonder how these two things might be related

The few times I played on Bombini after getting HoS, I never felt welcome and I wasn't. That window round on Atlas? People were telling me to never come back. What kind of player base is that? Gross. I'll say it again, I agree with the Admins decision to close it down, the players who fostered that gross behavior and saw nothing wrong with it meant that new players saw that as okay as well. Let's not forget the "Does server 2 have rules?" post. I think that says enough.
(10-20-2022, 11:41 PM)Shiiba Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 01:21 AM)dustball Wrote: Crew always treated a HoS or admin showing up as a bit of a challenge, since it was happening so rarely (at least during CET evening hours).

The few times I played on Bombini after getting HoS, I never felt welcome and I wasn't. That window round on Atlas? People were telling me to never come back. What kind of player base is that? Gross. I'll say it again, I agree with the Admins decision to close it down, the players who fostered that gross behavior and saw nothing wrong with it meant that new players saw that as okay as well. Let's not forget the "Does server 2 have rules?" post. I think that says enough.

I'm really sorry this happened to you.

It is true though, Authority figures which were never/rarely a part of the G2 community were being tested, one way or another.
Still remember taking Cal's HoS shoes at in med-sci. As this was a HoS I've never seen before.

But reading all the cursed comments make me thing that closing it down was a good choice.
Insulting players and being an absolute butthead is no bueno.

Could probably pin-point them and sad story is, that they overshined the good players. E.g. Norm, a gem in sky.

Also, just saying Shiiba.

That's like throwing salt into the wound.
A philosopher applying for a mechanic.
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

https://imgur.com/DWVk948

Anyway, before kindling the fire.
It was a pleasure enjoying goon2. Let's hope it comes back to life one day.
o7
(11-04-2022, 04:17 PM)Redbacko Wrote: Also, just saying Shiiba.

That's like throwing salt into the wound.
A philosopher applying for a mechanic.
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

https://imgur.com/DWVk948

You know people can play on other servers. I used to play on 2 regularly before I swapped to purely RP.
(11-04-2022, 04:17 PM)Redbacko Wrote: It is true though, Authority figures which were never/rarely a part of the G2 community were being tested, one way or another.

HoS are not authority figures. They are your fellow players.

Do not "test" your fellow players. If that kind of thing sounds normal to you, then it sounds to me like the community you were trying to build on our servers is nothing like the kind of community I would want to see anywhere near us.

As an aside, don't "test" admins, either. We're people, too. If we're playing the game, it's because we want to play the fucking game. The idea of "testing" people is toxic as all fuck.
Oof, messed up the phrasing again, didn't I?
Apologize bout that

Anyway, since it is a pain to quote multiple comments lets try to keep it short

'You know people can play on other servers. I used to play on 2 regularly before I swapped to purely RP.'
--
Aye yes and my previous comment was uncalled for. And I bet you're doing a more than amazing job overall!
What I tried to point out, and failed at. HoS at RP and LRP is a huge difference.
Alone by joining one vs the other you notice the huge difference and skillset needed for authorized roles.

Once again, I'm sorry you had a terrible experience as HoS on goon2.
But long story short; Maining HoS on RP and demanding the same playstyle/respect while joining the mess which was Goon2 and then crying out on the 'farewell' post ain't gucci innit.

'HoS are not authority figures. They are your fellow players.'
--
According to space law § 640, paragraph a.) -- HoS gets priority on the toilet seat.
Jokes aside. HoS IS a authority figure... literally they out-rank everyone and you have to apply and get approved for by you lads.
That's the whole point no?

But agree, all of us are fellow humans. Hence respect and humility should be a no-brainer.
(Which didn't go well apparently :C)

With 'testing' authority people, I generally ment to get to know them.
*What actions do they consider funny
*What actions do they consider too much
*what actions makes their flip their hat
*//oops, I'm traitor... what action is too much?

You know as humans.

But whatever. This is the wrong threat to discuss this and there's probably a ton to discuss on a good round.

Point is
7 people had good memories of goon2;
2 people despised it;
1 person blew it up ;

Reckon it is time to look for another good low/mid pop station.
Boogiebot
(11-12-2022, 04:48 PM)Redbacko Wrote: But whatever. This is the wrong threat to discuss this and there's probably a ton to discuss on a good round.

Point is
7 people had good memories of goon2;
2 people despised it;
1 person blew it up ;

I think far more people had problems with bombini, but instead of writing here, they simply don't care enough for that. This whole thread is biased as heck simply because the people that played and enjoyed that server are far more likely to write here.

Bombini was notorious for being a toxic enviroment, if you look at the discussions at that far more frequented discord server at the time when bombini got closed. And there were very few counterpoints given. (and some of these are in the "massive red flag category", like being a space were metacliques can work on finding secret chems or exploring azones without being bothered by other players)
I think there is a thread that was all about Server 2 having a meta-clique who will hunt you down if they know you are an antagonist before antagonizing.
Will defend their antagonist buddies if security arrests them.
Overall bad behaviour and ooh yea.. someone was banned from server 2, did a topic on "Are there rules on Goon station?" To only learn, yes there are.. apperently being taught there are no rules from server 2.

The fact a whole thread before (wich I tried looking for but couldn't find) was made to tell people how bad bombini's local population was.
The fact months after people may have tried to fix it but got sick of it...
And now the admins are like: "Yea pull the plug" I am fine with.
In the end Goonstation 1-2-3-4 all should be an unified community not divided.
If I come from RP3 (High pop) and go to RP4 (Low pop) I should be able to fit in just fine.
Same if I go to classic or low pop classic.

But from what I heard and seen of 2. (Wich I never been to since I do not enjoy classic as much let alone low pop servers...)
It seems natural for admins to cut off the fat.
We even had features removed due to grievers abusing the hell out of it.

In the end bombini was not trying to include others so admins stop trying to steer it straight and nuked it since admins want to community to solve problems.