Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Added toggle on rp to turn off needs message spam
(10-23-2022, 11:14 AM)Technature Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 08:03 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 10:14 AM)Technature Wrote: The harm in disabling the messages is it's the RP server?

If you go into work smelling worse than the poop that was created by a different poop, you generally wouldn't be ignored by other people (and if you are ignored, no you're not, they're just saying they're tired of how you smell to everyone but you).

It takes like 5 seconds to shower in the game and if you can't do that you can spam hand washing for like half a minute.  Taking care of it during a food break shouldn't be hard.

tell that to the dozens of people on goon 3 who never bother showering lol

ultimately its a fluff feature because realistically people don't care if you don't shower and it would come off as very weird and bizarre if people became aggressive towards other people who didn't shower

Are you calling me weird and bizarre for being in character?  Because I remind people about that shit.

It's supposed to be annoying and encourages you to take care of that stat/yell at people to do it themselves.

If there's seven different people generating spam and they don't like it they know how to take care of it.

and how do those interactions tend to go? how often are you met with indifference and how often do people go "ok ill go take a shower"? i just think it's a little strange to be so preoccupied with other people's choices in how they present themselves. if they don't wash clearly they don't care or don't want to put the effort in
If people didn't care about the spam, then why does this thread exist?
I don't think this needs to be a feature, people on RP already ignore hygiene most of the time and this will just lead to people ignoring it even more. Instead, I think the far greater issue is that it's often really difficult (especially for new players) to figure out where the showers are. The pool is visible enough, but can be drained some rounds. Some departments get complimentary showers (medbay, science) but for others it can be a bother to walk to / find the showers.

I'd like a PR to add some more shower rooms / and or random showers strewn about. We have those little 1 tile ATM booths on some maps, why not make little 1 tile shower rooms?
Or deodorant
I feel like 1 tile shower rooms would be silly unless the door isn't glass, but yeah having some way to more easily find showers, or more showers in general (most maps do have some extra room that isn't doing anything) isn't a bad idea. The deodorant, maybe something you can buy from a vending machine, wouldn't be a bad "Band-aid" item either. It can kill the spam until it gets really bad or something.

I think bathroom/shower signs, similar to the icons found on Kondaru, could also be a nice addition so people don't have to rely on others to guide them to it.
(10-24-2022, 12:41 PM)Technature Wrote: I feel like 1 tile shower rooms would be silly unless the door isn't glass, but yeah having some way to more easily find showers, or more showers in general (most maps do have some extra room that isn't doing anything) isn't a bad idea.  The deodorant, maybe something you can buy from a vending machine, wouldn't be a bad "Band-aid" item either.  It can kill the spam until it gets really bad or something.

I think bathroom/shower signs, similar to the icons found on Kondaru, could also be a nice addition so people don't have to rely on others to guide them to it.

Defintally more ways to do hygiene are needed if it becomes something that effects your gameplay like I suggest.

More showers in general would be nice or toilets.

Also maybe hand soap dispensers or clothes to clean yourself alternatively.
Like... paying a few credits to get some of it from a vending machine? HYGIENE IS NEEDED! PAY FOR IT! LIKE SNACKS AND DRINKS!

Also one more thing... maybe the lower your hygiene is during the shift... you lose part of your wage? You know more incentive.
I think toggling them off completely would sorta just... defeat their point? but as is the messages are very very aggressive. Maybe just toning down the frequency of them a touch and decreasing the threshold of when they start appearing? I also think generally hygiene should degrade a bit slower, since its also the one that will instantly skyrocket the moment you step near a puddle of blood. You shouldn't have to shower 6 times a shift if you aren't being covered in blood every few minutes.

Or just add more showers to maps (*Cough Atlas *Cough). or deodorant to help lower its rate of decay, but have it cost like 30 credits and need to be re-applied every once in a while. Slap it in a med vendor, make a discount dan's version that also applies random chems (like pro-puffs) or has a chance to increase stink instead.