Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Added toggle on rp to turn off needs message spam
Basically no one likes this. Its disruptive because it happens on life beat. Its so hard to do even the most basic conversation witnout a never ending barage of automated messages.

Cyborg Psi-74 states "got a new battery "
You're a bit hungry.
You're drier then carbon 
You reek!
It smells like a shit took a fart in here!
Bipany Poudle exclaims "great!"
You're absolutely disgusting!
It smells like a butt took a poo!

The spam brings nothing and kinda constantly shames you. It starts at 80 percent..could we just..have a filter? Or get rid of it? Its just clutter.
Very much agreed, the hygiene need is especially annoying with this as it seems to spam more often and is far too fast to deplete.
Wash your hands regularly and climb into the washing machine every 10 minutes or so.
That doesn't relate at all to the point of "there should be a toggle for the spammy messages that interrupt roleplay and gameplay", in my opinion.
Yea i just want a filter for the spam. They clog up dialog
The interruption is intentional. Your character has needs. In the process of fulfilling these needs, you might be forced to leave your comfort zone or excuse yourself from the moment in order to fulfill them.

This might even give opportunity for things to happen, such as when a guard took a shower and a prisoner took that opportunity to subdue the other guard 1v1.

Talking with other admins and devs, there's something to be said for the idea that they show up too early. Per a suggestion from another admin, it may be good for them to wait until they actually start producing debuffs.
That would be fantastic. Im okay if we're being debuffed. As is they show yo at 80%
(10-20-2022, 08:06 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: The interruption is intentional. Your character has needs. In the process of fulfilling these needs, you might be forced to leave your comfort zone or excuse yourself from the moment in order to fulfill them.

This might even give opportunity for things to happen, such as when a guard took a shower and a prisoner took that opportunity to subdue the other guard 1v1.

Talking with other admins and devs,  there's something to be said for the idea that they show up too early. Per a suggestion from another admin, it may be good for them to wait until they actually start producing debuffs.

what's the harm in disabling the messages entirely? there's a toggle for the blood messages as a vampire which are an important part of their gameplay. the only needs people really pay attention to are food and hunger and often at the end of the round you'll tons of people with stink lines on them
"I hate this intended gameplay mechanic, remove it so it doesn't annoy me so I can ignore the mechanic I am ignoring"

That's not a fix people. That makes what's left of the mechanic obsolete.
In the old days low hygiene would come with increased chances of disease (so I heard), but since those are off.. It's just stink lines.

Now what if being stinky or lower hygiene does something like getting thristy and hungry?
Now what if being clean gives you a temporarely buff like eating?

So here I come again giving ideas.

Being clean/way of cleaning (temp buffs):
- Shower cleaning gives you a small fire resistance buff cause "there is water on your skin" moon logic. (Duration 2 mins)
- Hand washing gives you a buff to slip out of cuffs faster, cause "Soapy hands" (Duration 30 seconds)
- Putting yourself in the washing machine gives you a new buff "Static charged" where if someone grabs you they get a light shock. (Duration 3 minutes), but if you grab anything metal you get shocked insted!
- Bath (no chemicals) , Same as shower bonus.
- Bath (with chemicals), Insert chemical effect + Squeeky clean buff wich allows you to slip out of grabs easier cause "you are so damn slippery now" (duration 2 mins)
- Going on the toilet. Actually increases your hygenie, gives you "relief" buff, what does it do? I have no idea XD
And last:
- Bathing, showering, going into water or pool, gives you the "Wet status" wich makes you take additional stun/shock damage, but makes fire go out much faster. (20 seconds)

Debuffs for being DIRTY:
- 60% or lower. Scratching yourself. (Like you have an allergic attack) does 1 brute damage. Intervals are random but a minimal of a 2 minute cooldown.
- 30% of lower. Increased scratching yourself, cooldown of 30 seconds.
- 0% (before stinky lines), Possible random vormit attack? + scratching yourself.
- Stinky Lines, Vormit+scratching yourself+spreading lower hygiene to other players+farting+decreased stamina. Apperently Stinklines increase your gravitional pull.

There.. now we can remove the stupid flavor text if you want.. and have hygiene do something else.
The harm in disabling the messages is it's the RP server?

If you go into work smelling worse than the poop that was created by a different poop, you generally wouldn't be ignored by other people (and if you are ignored, no you're not, they're just saying they're tired of how you smell to everyone but you).

It takes like 5 seconds to shower in the game and if you can't do that you can spam hand washing for like half a minute.  Taking care of it during a food break shouldn't be hard.
go take a shower, stinky
(10-22-2022, 10:14 AM)Technature Wrote: The harm in disabling the messages is it's the RP server?

If you go into work smelling worse than the poop that was created by a different poop, you generally wouldn't be ignored by other people (and if you are ignored, no you're not, they're just saying they're tired of how you smell to everyone but you).

It takes like 5 seconds to shower in the game and if you can't do that you can spam hand washing for like half a minute.  Taking care of it during a food break shouldn't be hard.

tell that to the dozens of people on goon 3 who never bother showering lol

ultimately its a fluff feature because realistically people don't care if you don't shower and it would come off as very weird and bizarre if people became aggressive towards other people who didn't shower
I am absolutely going to be aggressive towards people who don't shower. I'm a janitor

And even when I'm not a janitor I really enjoy to bother people about it.
I like taking showers. I like the sanitation stuff. If you know me much you know I'm fairly persnickity icly about keeping my character clean and her workplace clean.

The issue is the spam level frequency of the messages.. the proposed making then show up only at actually low levels would be fine!

To a smaller degree i think hygine decays way to fast. If you step in a blood puddle your hygiene instantly goes to 0.
(10-22-2022, 08:03 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 10:14 AM)Technature Wrote: The harm in disabling the messages is it's the RP server?

tell that to the dozens of people on goon 3 who never bother showering lol

ultimately its a fluff feature because realistically people don't care if you don't shower and it would come off as very weird and bizarre if people became aggressive towards other people who didn't shower

Are you calling me weird and bizarre for being in character?  Because I remind people about that shit.

It's supposed to be annoying and encourages you to take care of that stat/yell at people to do it themselves.

If there's seven different people generating spam and they don't like it they know how to take care of it.