Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonstation MUSH Jump off
Yeah give the gun to someone with the shooter skill. Give the scooter to the Terrence player because they're forever stuck in a wheelchair so moving around as them is next to impossible without the scooter to help. Failure rates with the gun are pretty high, only slightly mitigated with the shooter skill down to a 50%.

EDIT: SOMETHING IMPORTANT. If the commander of the ship or the comms officers goes inactive, the game actually has the convenience to assign someone as the new commander, etc. Furthermore, if the person who was the original commander/whatever goes active again then they will regain their title.

Fun fact: The French version has an actual selection meaning you get to set up games and choose who gets to play with you. Americans are pretty much fucked in that regard.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Yeah give the gun to someone with the shooter skill. Give the scooter to the Terrence player because they're forever stuck in a wheelchair so moving around as them is next to impossible without the scooter to help. Failure rates with the gun are pretty high, only slightly mitigated with the shooter skill down to a 50%.

EDIT: SOMETHING IMPORTANT. If the commander of the ship or the comms officers goes inactive, the game actually has the convenience to assign someone as the new commander, etc. Furthermore, if the person who was the original commander/whatever goes active again then they will regain their title.

Fun fact: The French version has an actual selection meaning you get to set up games and choose who gets to play with you. Americans are pretty much fucked in that regard.
Actually Terrence can move out of any room that has a person in it with no MP point loss so he can move around an active ship very very well without the scooter. Hua should use the scooter and Eleesha.
Yeah unfortunately the problem is active ships are few and far in between. On top of that, you're far from guaranteed a guy in every major hallway/room/area so more often than not you will be wasting movement points trying to get around. Always give the scooter to Terrence unless there is an active ship or he won't be moving much, if at all.
I see their dev team didn't learn from the awful mistakes they did in their previous zombie survival game.
On my latest ship:

Janice : It's like Space Station 13
Hua : Goonstation rules ~6h
Raluca : You don't know what goons looked like 2 - 3 years ago. No one'll forget. LLA's pretty good, though. ~5h
Kuan Ti : Bring back poo! ~5h
Raluca : Not that kind of stuff.
I hadn't gotten a really terrible crew until this ship. We had two straight up griefers, one who was french and ranted about Nazi's and insulted everyone constantly while hiding every important item. Then, we had another guy hide every weapon and guard the storage room he was in. Two others were so incompetent everyone was sure they were mush and then turned out not to be. So it's either the mush are working fast and all of them had anonymush, or they're just awful players.
I just had an AMAZING game on the opposite end of the spectrum where we all worked together but could only settle for the Sol ending.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:I just had an AMAZING game on the opposite end of the spectrum where we all worked together but could only settle for the Sol ending.
me-> angry smiley ranting GRRR
Just now our Hua stole the apron, jumped into the Icarus and went to the planet by herself and was promptly killed. She was human.

This game is great though, can't get enough!
Been playing this game since November, I bought Gold Mode and it was worth it for the double XP gain and permanent bonuses - 2 skills instead of 1 once Gold mode expires (Gold mode gets 4 skills), radio/tracker combo, a couple units of the vending machine currency.

It is pretty fun but the inactives really ruin the game sometimes. The reason why there are so many inactive players is that the game has no tutorial - first-time players are put on an actual ship in the game, which means that anyone who logs into the game once, doesn't like it, and never logs in again, is still taking up a slot on a ship with 15 other people who probably need them to do shit. The devs seem adamant about not changing this. Pretty stupid design imo.

GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Fun fact: The French version has an actual selection meaning you get to set up games and choose who gets to play with you. Americans are pretty much fucked in that regard.

The system is called "casting" (like casting for a movie or something I guess) and it's coming to the English version eventually. When it does I imagine there will be Goon groups forming and whatnot. If anyone wants to add me to their Twinoid contact list, my account name is Jerkops.
Well i damn new and picked the wheelchair guy. I picked stuff up, I put it down and shot some hunters. Pretty empty inactive server though. 3 hours for 1 AP is pretty harsh.. would be better if it was 30min.
Tteckk Wrote:Well i damn new and picked the wheelchair guy. I picked stuff up, I put it down and shot some hunters. Pretty empty inactive server though. 3 hours for 1 AP is pretty harsh.. would be better if it was 30min.

Lay down in a bed to generate 3AP per cycle. Once you get into the motions of what you are supposed to be doing and aren't wasting AP doing needless things it feels pretty good for something you only check in on a few times a day.
Yeah that should of made sense to me.
Anyway, so far things have been going well for my first round. Got my grav scooter, we hunter free and keeping track of inventory, who and why someone is showering and so on. We organized pretty well.
Tteckk Wrote:Yeah that should of made sense to me.
Anyway, so far things have been going well for my first round. Got my grav scooter, we hunter free and keeping track of inventory, who and why someone is showering and so on. We organized pretty well.

Actually I guess it's two AP, I never really payed attention till I told you the wrong thing.
I'm glad to say however, this ship has turned around! Although there is still a mush in our ranks we are making pretty good progress now that all the retarded people are dead.
I started a game as Kuan Ti where Jin Su just up and murdered Chao in the hallways right at the start, and was beaten to death by an angry mob. Neither were Mush. Also killing Jin Su made me dirty and gave me chronic migraines. fuk u jin su Argh!