Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonstation MUSH Jump off
Just started playing this game MUSH - http://mush.twinoid.com. Its about 12 people living on a ship with 2 traitor aliens aboard (sound like a game you know?)

Its got some neat game-play and full lets play can be seen on Plumphelmetpunk's channel.

Only problem with it is that you get alot of people who are new leaving the game early, which will often doom the crew no matter if the Mush traitors are active. So, I was wondering if anyone wanted to try and join a ship at the same time, and get a game going with a feel of the goonstation? (No McGriff though.)

Love Pete
That would sound delightful like a bowl of nuts most preferable. Indubitably

You might need to give me a basic idea on how this will work.
Chike's™ Review and Shit

With this game having piqued my interest, I signed up and started playing. While it looks like the potential to be fun, it's one of those games where you can only do so much in 3 hours before you have to wait to do ~anything~ (except for talking to people and walking around the room you're in) because your points have to regenerate or some shit. I can't say how deep it is because I'm currently stuck in a hallway, but it looks to have *some* depth. With good company, it could probably be really fun.

Final Score: NOT YET (maybe in 2h, 41m I don't know)
Looks pretty interesting
Is it browser based, and is it p2p?
Sundance Wrote:Looks pretty interesting
Is it browser based, and is it p2p?
Browser based, has a shop that lets you buy Movement/Action Points
Yeah this game is rad. Played a round and bought gold just for a little boost and to get that combo radio and gps. It's mad fun and pretty hilarious when people kill themselves in dumb ways.
It looks interesting, guess I'll try it when I get some free time.
My only problem with this game is how insanely long it takes to play it. It is fun as heck and really cool, but the time you need to put into it is kinda insane.
I think this is also why so many idlers appear.
If there was any way to customize how long cycles was, and maybe even have some longer cycles during night, then I think it would be much more playable.
Cause games could run its course over a weekend or a week instead of two weeks.
That said, it is the long games and forced interaction between crew that makes you form bonds with people and you eventually consider them pals.
So all I got to say is I wish I had more time to play it cause it really is a good game. And the one successful round I played made me really want to buy the gold simply for the benefits I'll have when I'm not gold anymore, since I'm not really the type to go for temporary benefits.
Chike's™ Review and Shit: Part Two

In my ~three or so hours playing, I've walked down the hall, found a Space Suit, walked into a room, swapped the suit for a gun, and went to bed. Besides all of this, the real-time chat and my research on the Mush wiki has shown that cooperation, planning and paranoia are HUGE things in this game, moreso than our Spaceman game. Entire crew spending days to do research, find Mush's, explore planets for food, fuel, and oxygen, etc. is expected along with calling out people that pass you in the hall for 'Sporing' you.

FINAL Score/Verdict: If you want a game to play for about five minutes every three hours, this is the best choice. Strategy, Intrigue, and Horrible Death abound.
This game is amazing, I've been playing it for almost three days now. Very intriguing, and so many things can happen it's unbelievable.
Its a game you play for about 5 minutes, 2-3 times a day. Your movement and action points add up, so you can still use them to maximum even if you just check in once a day.
i actually enjoy this game quite alot,at the moment im someone called hua,a pilot and the crew we have are really nice people (also a few idle people)
Hi I play this game regularly and yes it is a browser based game and yes you can pay to get more skill slots but not many people do it.

Yes there is a matter of idiots leaving early, etc and never logging back in but I've had two games so far that had us successfully going back to Sol, one of which, by sheer luck of the universe, my very first game.

Pick a few guys you like and invest at least until level 2, but always always always keep investing in MUSH levels, because the options they start getting down the line are utterly insane and awesome.

No you don't get to pick what ship of people you get to start on, it's randomly selected.

BIG THING: More often than not your game will end to bullshit giant hunter swarms and even more hunter swarms on top of the old hunter swarms. There are also hunter ship types that prevent you from simply jumping to escape. This is currently my biggest gripe with the game.
A jump off is basically a time and date when a group of people would join to hopefully play together and reduce the numbers of quiters.
Is there any advice for Kuan Ti with a gun, scooter, and a psychological disorder?