Feedback Issuing bans unrelated to server rules.
Who banned you?:  Janantilles
Byond Key:  JackTrysGames
Discord Username:  Unknown
Date of Ban:   2022-03-11
Specified Reason for Ban:   Long history of toxic language and behavior towards other players, despite many warnings and last chances. This ban can be appealed on 4/11/22 at the earliest.
Ban Length: Permanent

Admin response was as follows:
---
I appreciate the ban appeal and that you've taken the time to think about the actions that led to you being banned from Goonstation.

However, I don't think your reasoning would actually result in any meaningful change. There were indeed rules that you broke, but the most important one was that you had a constantly toxic attitude toward other players, especially new ones. The fact that you took your Security role-ban and made it part of your backstory, saying that "NT didn't appreciate" how you were the one to take action, is a perfect demonstration of how you considered yourself above the rules and better than everyone.

"Next time I'll ahelp" is enough of a gross misunderstanding of why you were banned that I do not see any reason to unban you, now or in the foreseeable future.

---

First of all, what rules did I break? I genuinely don't know. The only obvious one was the single Rule 4 break (which I regretted immediately after sending) that directly caused the ban.

Aside from that, I don't know what I did wrong, and they won't tell me beyond "toxicity towards other players, especially new ones" (wait, that isn't a violation of the rules, plus I wasn't constantly toxic- I was only toxic if they were outright annoying or attacked me) and an incident that I can reliably explain.

(I sided with a group of RP antags who had broken an APC at worst over a team of Sec who wanted to stun them and brig them for being valid. I don't regret that. I followed Space Law and the server rules. This lead up to the Sec role ban, as I was a Detective at the time. Wait, aren't Detectives technically not part of the Sec team?)

Event leading up to this ban was also borderline unacceptable- as a NTSO, subject used sublethals before nonlethals, applied excessive force, outright killed the subject, and moved to Robotics to debrain them on RP.

I honestly don't expect an unban.

But if this saves even one other person from being wrongfully banned, or if I get an explanation, it's worth it.

Messages In This Thread
Issuing bans unrelated to server rules. - by JackTrysGames - 09-04-2022, 01:01 PM