Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Traitor Item questions & tips
Not really a traitor item themselves, but only traitors have much of a reason to use them, the homemade pipebombs vary in power depending on what explosive you use in them. The order of power, from weakest-to-strongest is: welding fuel-black powder-plasmastone-erebite.

I haven't found any erebite to test them with but a plasmastone bomb near the center of the test chamber can send shrapnel into people on the other side of the crystal windows, and break a few as well. Welding fuel bombs are pretty weak, but can be useful if you drop them on a stunned victim or rig them with a mousetrap.
The Droid Wrote:Not really a traitor item themselves, but only traitors have much of a reason to use them, the homemade pipebombs vary in power depending on what explosive you use in them. The order of power, from weakest-to-strongest is: welding fuel-black powder-plasmastone-erebite.

I haven't found any erebite to test them with but a plasmastone bomb near the center of the test chamber can send shrapnel into people on the other side of the crystal windows, and break a few as well. Welding fuel bombs are pretty weak, but can be useful if you drop them on a stunned victim or rig them with a mousetrap.
How do you put the plasmastone and erebite into it? Just stuff them in? Also how much is needed?
You only need one piece of ore and you stuff it in when you would normally put fuel in. Don't know about erebite but plasmastone punches a 3x3 hole and damages much further than that, it's extremely useful. There's even a merchant who sells plasmastone fairly cheap if you don't feel like mining.
Added a few new things on the wiki, feel free to refute any of the points, but I think they're all solid tactics:

Derringer: Hover your mouse over your target and use the the CTRL+W shortcut to instantly wink and draw your weapon! This is probably the quickest way to draw a weapon in the game!
Detomatrix: Better yet, go inside a pod, drop a stolen pda, and plant pods around the station, outside key areas. Improvised car bombs, space style!
Miniature Crossbow: Want to ''really'' cripple your target but not kill them for some reason? The miniature crossbow due to the RADIATION will cause the target to mutate erratically. Hit them with the crossbow, wait a bit, then give him some potassium iodide and/or charcoal. They'll live, but may be a deaf swedish mute.
Microbombs: Microbomb's explosiveness stack. You'll light up the station like the 4th of July if you have 10 inside you.
Implant a monkey. Inject with a fast or slow acting poison. Put monkey in a high populated place like the bar. Laugh when monkey dies.
Powersink: A nicely placed powersink often means people will go and send out search parties so that their beloved station isn't powerless. Use this to your advantage; plant booby traps around the power sink. This works doubly well due to the fact that it is dark, and triply well if you combine this with the Prototype Cloak Field Generator.
The Powersink also explodes when it reaches maximum capacity. If you are using the above tactic, consider placing a plasma canister on-top of it for full measure.
Prototype Cloak:Place the prototype cloak field generator in the corridor and use the hand teleporter to create portals on unsuspecting crew to area's of interest such as the middle of space.
Shotgun: Due to the kickback, is the one gun that can do significant damage, and blow targets away, causing them to drop their weapons. It is a very effective weapon against security, but be wary that it is not subtle, and the resident HoS may kit out his officers with blast armor which will soak up a significant amount of damage.
Sonic Grenades: Consider wearing insulated gloves and having a wirecutter ready. Blowing out all the windows leaves the grill. Cutting the grill leaves room for space. Chucking out a downed target from the window leaves no room for oxygen.
Strange Seeds: Alot of traitor botanists attempt to bring the maneater plants to people. Be the smart botanist and find a way to bring people to the maneater plant. Reroute disposals to a small inescapable room filled with maneaters. Or use a hand teleporter. Or both.
Fire is a maneaters worst enemy. Consider hoarding welders and sabotaging GM that make them.
Syndicate Robot:
The syndicate robot is not just an emagged borg. It is a permanently mindslaved borg, that will attempt to fulfill your objectives for you if you are unable to do so for whatever reason. Consider helping your robot best friend out by reinforcing his body.
Having a robot army is very easy if you know how. Combine using syndicate robots, with corrupting the AI, and forcefeeding players roburgers (or nanites if you know how), and you'll quickly become a force to be reckoned with.
Trash Compactor: Keep the Trash compactor closed in a firefight. It will act as a shield to any projectiles. Open it when and if you have a gun to return fire!
Trick Cigs: Area of high population density? Don't light the cigs just yet. Just drop them all over the place. Light a real cig in your mouth and run around the place. Due to the fact the way combustion works, the cigs will ignite as you pass. Very effective cluster bombing technique.

One of the things I'm not entirely too sure about is:
"A syndicate robot, while they can be killed or debrained, is unable to be killswitched. Consider this if you feel like targeting the interfering AI, by killing him or corrupting him." -- Can a syndicate borg be killswitched? Unless I'm mistaken I don't think it can.
and
"Target a limb when hitting someone with a saber, it is one of the few weapons that will delimb someone upon impact!" -- Does this happen. I saw it happen more than once, but this could've been chance or I may of been hallucinating.
Syndicate Borgs can't be killswitched, which is a good and bad thing. Good because, well, they can't be killswitched, bad because it's a huge red neon sign saying "THIS BORG IS A SYNDIEBOT" because they don't show up in the list. (Maybe this could be changed if it hasn't already, I haven't dealt with them for about a month)
Zamujasa Wrote:Syndicate Borgs can't be killswitched, which is a good and bad thing. Good because, well, they can't be killswitched, bad because it's a huge red neon sign saying "THIS BORG IS A SYNDIEBOT" because they don't show up in the list. (Maybe this could be changed if it hasn't already, I haven't dealt with them for about a month)

I assumed they do show up on the list, but the killswitch has no effect. Oh well, that aside my point is still valid.

Can anyone tell me if that thing about the saber+target= delimbing thing is true?
Sundance Wrote:
Zamujasa Wrote:Syndicate Borgs can't be killswitched, which is a good and bad thing. Good because, well, they can't be killswitched, bad because it's a huge red neon sign saying "THIS BORG IS A SYNDIEBOT" because they don't show up in the list. (Maybe this could be changed if it hasn't already, I haven't dealt with them for about a month)

I assumed they do show up on the list, but the killswitch has no effect. Oh well, that aside my point is still valid.

Can anyone tell me if that thing about the saber+target= delimbing thing is true?

It's true. However, the tactical usefulness is limited, because you'll more often than not hit your enemy in the chest and most people die after three hits anyway.
It is, at least for arms, anyway. Hit someone in the arm with a sabre and there's a good chance it will come off
make killswitching a syndieborg cause the control console to explode violently
Dauntasa Wrote:

God no. You need to remember that syndieborg only costs 2 telecrystals, but not only that, if the console explode's, it means you've removed one of the main weak points to a roboticist who has made a robotic army.

Spy_Guy Wrote:It's true. However, the tactical usefulness is limited, because you'll more often than not hit your enemy in the chest and most people die after three hits anyway.

It's still quite handy if you decide to charge at a crowd with a saber, aiming for legs.
Sundance Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:

God no. You need to remember that syndieborg only costs 2 telecrystals, but not only that, if the console explode's, it means you've removed one of the main weak points to a roboticist who has made a robotic army.
I'd just make the console count down as normal, but fizzle out and do nothing when it hits 0. Make the borg fart when the countdown runs out v

As for them costing 2 crystals... They're cheap, but you still need to harvest a brain to put in 'em. Given that mindslave implants are 3 crystals and work a lot easier, the cost seems pretty balanced.
Added two new tips on items to the wiki: Mining charges, and emags.
Electromagnetic Card:
Weld and bolt doors shut, then emag them. They wont open ever again.
If you are a miner, and you want to be a huge douche to your co-workers, you can emag the mining charges to make them explode instantly, instead of exploding in five seconds, when placed on an asteroid. Just make sure not to use the emagged charges yourself!
For the people who like to explore space, mainly miners, I'm assuming that you have come across, and lost a few legs to, abandoned crates. These crates have a safety lock on them, being that it has a set number between one and ten, and whoever tries to open the crate will have three chances to guess the number currently to open up the crate. If all three chances are failed, the crate will explode violently, easily ripping off limbs from people caught in the blast. You can use a multitool to see if the last guessed number was higher or lower than the correct answer, but it's still very dangerous trying to open the crate. Want to remove any and all danger? Just use an emag on said crate, and it's lock will instantly be disabled, and the crate will be free to open. Doing this is normally worth it, as you can find great items like phasers, money, medical supplies, weed, advanced laser guns, and even the awesome voltron (No, not the giant robot from that TV show).

Mining Charge Hacker:
In the hands of a capable traitor, the mining charge hacker can be the most destructive piece of gear the Syndicate has to offer. If you wish to wield the full power of this awesome tool, follow these tips:
One, since this god-like weapon can only be ordered by miners, I expect that you are already one, and thus have access to the normal mining gear. Being a miner, you can build very valuable tools, such as a the extremely resistant industrial armor, and the lightning fast mechanized boots. Make them. Do not start your rampage on the station without these items, as the armor will allow you to simply shrug-off most kinds of damage, even your own blasts if you get caught in them, and the boots let you move so fast that you can easily outrun bullets and taser shoots, as well as letting you get away from your planted bombs, and they make you hard to track via camera. Another thing you will want to make before you start is a fuck-load of concussive charges, which can be made with even the lest amount of time and effort mining, or can be ordered outright in a mining crate from QM. These bombs are a huge upgrade to your starting low-yield charges, and will badly hurt anyone caught in their blast.
Tip number two: Do not blow up the mining shuttle console; You will need this to get back to the mining station if you require more charges or oxygen for you jet pack (Mechanized boots drain a jet pack's fuel very quickly), and it's also a fairly good place to hide from the mob of angry people who are lacking arms thanks to you.
Tip number three: Get a stealth container with your last telecrystal, and keep it in your pocket. With the combined storage power of the stealth container, a mining belt, and you backpack, you can hold a grand total of twenty one concussive charges at once. You can guess for yourself why this is a great thing.
Another tip for traitor barmen: Make a drink I like to call "The Randomizer". If you create this amazing drink, you don't even need to buy any traitor gear, as the drink does the killing for you! "The Randomizer" is synthesized by mixing forty units of Unstable Mutagen (created by mixing together Plasma, Radium, and Chlorine), with ten units of Bo Jack Daniels (Or any other drink strong enough to knock someone out). The Unstable Mutagen will give people a bad mutation about every twenty seconds, making them fat, short, Swedish wreaks. If they are not Swedish and try to call for help, that's where the Bo Jack Daniels comes in: It will cause them to pass out in a pool of their own vomit within seconds of consuming, it if they are not the detective or HoS, both of which have a large resistance to the drink due to countless years of drinking. Whilst the are knocked out on the floor, you can drag them behind the bar, and feed them even more unstable mutagen, causing them to gain more bad mutations much faster, like permanent radiation sickness, blindness, deafness, and tourettes.
Not really a tip about an item, but about rouge AIs. This can be very useful and deadly knowledge in the right hands.
Got the AI on your side? Great! With it, I'm sure you already know that it can open doors for you, shock doors for you, and lock doors for you. But did you know the AI can do something other than be master of all doors? Well, if a welding fuel tank is directly under a light when said light is overloaded, the sparks will rupture the tank, causing it to explode into a massive fireball! With this knowledge, and some teamwork with your robotic friends, try and place any fuel tanks you find under lights in key areas, and have the AI blow them up when your foes are nearby.
If you are just a rouge AI with no master at all, there are a few tanks already under lights in a few areas, such as in Robotics, EVA, in most pod bays, and in the Engineering storage room. Feel like bombing the exact area you want? Use your shells to push and pull tanks right to them!
McDogles Wrote:rouge AI

McDogles Wrote:rouge AI

McDogles Wrote:rouge

why is it so hard for you to not mix the french color with the word rogue

why